Servint VPS - the best there is - a review 6 years in the making

heres my post from nearly 6 years ago, thanking someone else for a servint review and saying i was off to sign up
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...=294142&page=2

Well sign up i did, and Im very glad i did.

I saw another happy review for another company and thought that for such great service over nearly 6 years if i can jump in with some positive comments in this forum and sway someone on the proverbial VPS fence well thats the very least i should be doing.

In short, best hosting company Ive ever relied on. Back in the day, website hosting was a value added service offered by my web development business with an apprehensive reliance on third parties

I never felt entirely comfortable putting our name on a service that really was out of our control. And for a while there i was considering just referring clients to one of the larger hosts for them to worry about. Then if the sites went down, which they always seemed to do back then, well it was less of my issue.

At the same time, I knew it was a valuable income stream for my business if we could just find a reliable, professional company to "partner" with. But even with reasonable research I seemed to make one wrong decision after another, by that time I was getting completely sick of moving (50+ at the time) websites from one server to another.

The next time we moved I took my time, and proceeded to painstakingly investigate each company on my shortlist, i wanted to move one more time and one more time only. I knew a long term hosting provider was out there, i just had to find them.

Well after that dramatic buildup the long and the short of it is I settled on servint and my apprehensiveness about offering rock solid website hosting to my clients has long since faded.

Now have hmm 6 vps setups with them, enjoying awesome uptime, super low loads, well resourced servers, fast speeds, a GREAT bunch of support guys (thanks Matt, Ken, Jorge, Justin, Dominik, Jonathan, and everybody else!) who knowledgeably respond to tickets in an average of 10-15 minutes and faster if marked urgent. And to top it off they have increased ram, bandwidth and disk space a number of times over the years!

This actually allowed us to even downgrade a few vps to save money during the last years financial downturn, which they did for us with a smile. Believe any minor losses they sustained by our downgrade were more than made up by the people I continue to refer there for having such a rock solid product backed by a great people.

These guys are in it for the long term and along with 1000s of others Im sure happy to have settled on them back then, with hosting such a important part of our service offerings today i consider servint to be a lot more than just a service provider, in our 11th year of business they are a valuable partner.

Now Im back to work!

Keep it up Servint!

Kym

Great review Kym.....6 years says it all!

Sounds just great, like almost everything you hear about them.

Been there over 6 years myself. Loving it to bits. Truly awesome company. Its crazy how many people have been there for years and years. Not many companies can boast their low churn rate. Its just this perfect mix of great business ethics (regular free upgrades to your package, no special offers just for new signups), amazing product, great service and competitive price. It's just the right mix.
    --
    Rich

Sounds like you have had great service. I'm in the market for a new VPS and ServInt is a company I am definitely considering. How "Managed" have you found their VPS product to be? I am familiar with most aspects of VPS hosting but don't want to have to worry about software updates and security patches.

Quote Originally Posted by superblade View Post
    Sounds like you have had great service. I'm in the market for a new VPS and ServInt is a company I am definitely considering. How "Managed" have you found their VPS product to be? I am familiar with most aspects of VPS hosting but don't want to have to worry about software updates and security patches.
    You won't have to worry about anything with Servint!

this is great to hear, as some companies grow over the years they sometimes start lacking in quality.
    servint owns their own DC and I believe all the support staff is in house and stateside, that probably has a lot to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by superblade View Post

sorry just came back to this post and swa this
    well id say super managed
    they get in touch when there are any issues
    and are super quick to solve any issues,mostly pre-emptively

love em!

Quote Originally Posted by wesker View Post
    this is great to hear, as some companies grow over the years they sometimes start lacking in quality.
    servint owns their own DC and I believe all the support staff is in house and stateside, that probably has a lot to do with it.
    yep sure does!!
    stateside support staff is BIG plus
    im in australia and host some aussie domains here with an AU comany for speed reasons, and they outsource their support to india i think... is frustrating at times to have to explain things down to the nth detail

yet another reason why most of my sites are on servint

Too bad they don't have Windows VPS

If they have a smaller, meaning less costly, starter plan, I would give them a try. Not saying that they are not worth what they are asking for but I would like to keep my outlay to the minimum when I am trying out something new (new to me, that is).

12. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!