We offer a dedicated server provisioning system that allows you to (re)install the operating system of your servers over the network.
System requirements NOC-PS system
- Operating systems that can be automatically installed:
- FreeBSD 8
- Windows Web Server 2008 (original and R2) *
*) only if the hardware of your servers is supported out-of-the-box. While manually adding additional drivers is possible, no support on this will be provided.
- Installations are conducted using the official network installation method supported by the Operating System (like kickstart, preseed, etc.), and NOT using disk cloning.
- Although DHCP is used to be able to boot the machine off the network, the systems are configured with a static network configuration, and local resolving DNS server, so that no dependencies on other systems exist after installation.
- The following rescue and utility systems can be started, for things like resetting a forgotten root password, and repairing broken systems:
For ease of installation the NOC-PS management software is provided as a virtual appliance, that needs to be installed on a hypervisor such as VMware ESXi, VSphere, Citrix Xenserver or Virtualbox.
Do note that although we provide the software as a virtual appliance, NOC-PS is aimed at provisioning PHYSICAL dedicated servers, and not virtual machines.
A direct Internet connection is required to download the installation files of the operating systems. Proxies are NOT supported.
No DHCP servers should be active in the VLAN in which the NOC-PS system runs.
System requirements dedicated servers
There is support for having multiple subnets.
However if the dedicated servers to be provisioned are in another VLAN than the NOC-PS system, then you need to configure your router to forward DHCP requests to the NOC-PS system.
How you configure this depends on your brand and model router, but the option is usually called "DHCP relaying", "broadcast forwarding" or "IP helper address"
For fully automatic installation it is recommended that the dedicated servers support IPMI (aka BMC/iLO/DRAC) so that the servers can be rebooted automatically, and can be told to boot off the network using PXE automatically.
Alternatively, it is also possible to use a remote power switch, and configure your servers to attempt to boot from network by default, in the server's BIOS.
The main webinterface of our software is meant to be used by ADMINS and not by end-users.
If you desire that end-users can reinstall the operating system by themselves, you can use our XML-RPC API to integrate the product into your own website.
We also have modules for WHMCS 4.2 and Blesta.
An annual fee is charged based on the number of servers you have in your network.
For every 100 servers
you have we charge you 100 EUR/year
excluding VAT (if applicable).
It does not matter how many times you reinstall each server.
Base pricing includes e-mail only
Trial licenses are available on request.
Just send the IP-address you plan to use for NOC-PS by e-mail, as the license is tied to it.