hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : Quickweb issue [split from ad thread]

Forum Jump

Quickweb issue [split from ad thread]

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 08:07 PM

Quickweb issue [split from ad thread]

I would be careful with QuickWeb. Their terms of service are extremely slanted in favor of QuickWeb. For instance, they can terminate your account and refuse to refund fees if they determine you have engaged in "potentially disruptive behavior" toward the QuickWeb staff.

In my case, I complained about not getting the correct root password when my account was provisioned.

QuickWeb determined that my complaint violated their ToS and locked my account. They also refused a refund!!

I never even got a chance to log into the server I ordered! Buyer beware.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2010, 08:23 PM
VPS Like a Boss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperativelogic View Post
I would be careful with QuickWeb. Their terms of service are extremely slanted in favor of QuickWeb. For instance, they can terminate your account and refuse to refund fees if they determine you have engaged in "potentially disruptive behavior" toward the QuickWeb staff.

In my case, I complained about not getting the correct root password when my account was provisioned.

QuickWeb determined that my complaint violated their ToS and locked my account. They also refused a refund!!

All i can say is i'm sorry that your experience with us isn't a pleasure, as Steve Jobs said "We are not perfect" and so we are, things can go wrong or go the way we aren't expecting.

You claimed your root password automatically supplied by automatic provisioning system (WHCMS+SolusVM) doesn't work which is a bit odd since it is the same system that provisioned almost a thousand VPS as of date but we never had a single incident of root password not working but we still think it is our fault or a bug somewhere...

So here's the story the way i see it from reading the ticket:

-you log a ticket about this, our support staff responded and provided you temporary root password, we never heard back since from you.

-3 Days later you logged a new ticket wanting refund claiming auto-provisioned root password did not worked.

-We replied we do not provide refund as per ToS for all delivered services and we have given you a new root passowrd.

-You get upset and threaten us to chargeback and said you will post bad reviews about is in many forums and lowendbox

-You were told it is a violation of ToS/AuP and ground for suspension/termination

-You repeat agin the threat of chargebacks and bullying that you will tell everyone about the aweful experience you had.

-Your account is suspended due to ToS/AuP violation

That's what i can see how it progressed and we don't want to be threaten and bullied that way given the fact that your claim is unreasonable as we have reset your root password and sent to you on the same ticket, in fact i have checked the VPS and it has considerable bandwidth consumption as bellow attesting to the fact that you did accessed and use the service using the new root password we supplied.

Quote:
Not true at all, I can post the solusVM graph if needed be but the statistics of your VPS shows:

393.36 MB of 300 GB used / 299.62 GB free

I'm happy to personally process your refund if you were just a bit nice to us and asked for refund on the same day your VPS got provisioned not after 3 days and when service is already used and with unreasonable refund justification because your root password was reissued to you and you were not ignored by our support staff.

www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive

Old 07-29-2010, 08:31 PM

I waited three days for you to fix the password problem. You failed to do so.

I was completely professional and polite in my requests, but I find it bizarre that your Terms of Service have a juvenile clause allowing you to suspend service and confiscate fees if people complain about your FAILURE to provide service.

Or maybe you're just a brilliant scammer. "We offer sub-standard service, but our terms of service let us cancel your account if you complain. HA HA!"

I have a right to explain my side of the story, just as you do.

Anyway, I learned my lesson, and I'm now exercising my right to spread the word about QuickWeb's business practices.

As I said, caveat emptor!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2010, 08:47 PM
VPS Like a Boss!

Well the kind of attitude all host would not want to have and definitely we do not want as well for a client... all the best mate.

Again look for the ticket the password has been reset and issued to you maybe 1-2 hours after you logged your ticket and you seems to failed to admit this, any way all the best.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:56 PM

Best to you, too, mate.

Look for my credit card dispute in your merchant account statement. As I mentioned in my emails to you, I apologize that you'll have to eat the chargeback fees. But the choice was yours.

Because you do business with U.S. customers, I'm sure you're aware that the Fair Credit Billing Act gives customers the right to dispute charges for which "goods and services" ... "weren't delivered."

I'm off to start a VPS review blog...

See you 'round.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:03 PM
VPS Like a Boss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperativelogic View Post
Best to you, too, mate.

Look for my credit card dispute in your merchant account statement. As I mentioned in my emails to you, I apologize that you'll have to eat the chargeback fees. But the choice was yours.

Because you do business with U.S. customers, I'm sure you're aware that the Fair Credit Billing Act gives customers the right to dispute charges for which "goods and services" ... "weren't delivered."

I'm off to start a VPS review blog...

See you 'round.
Services has been delivered the fact that you have logged in to the VPS and just finding excuse to discredit us as you know that ToS said we do not provide refund for delivered services, yes please tell your reader that if they violated the ToS they will be suspended or terminated and tell them next time be professional in dealing with the host.

Chargeback is absolutely a serious offense to any host not just with us, we rather pay the charge back fees than to give way to the demand bullying customer!

Now everyone knows why you have been suspended/terminated anyway it is because of your attitude.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:18 PM

I think it's clear to anyone reading this who has the "attitude."

The fact that QuickWeb suspends accounts because a customer has, in its opinion, an "attitude" is both pathetic and sad.

I'm not aware of any business that has had success treating its customers with such disdain.

As I mentioned, it is completely up to you whether you pay the chargeback fees. I don't care. I'll get my money back. I have a legal right not to pay for services I didn't receive, and I will exercise that right.

I simply wanted to extend you the courtesy of (1) explaining what you failed to do and (2) giving you the opportunity to make it right. As you probably know, some customers don't give the vendor a chance to do the right thing, and simply take their claims straight to their credit card issuer.

And finally, let me ask this question:

If a customer has paid good money for services, and the vendor in question utterly FAILS to provide them, why is it necessary for the customer to ask NICELY for the vendor to make things right?
Nonsense!

Old 07-29-2010, 09:24 PM
VPS Like a Boss!

you received the service, you were supplied with new root password in the same ticket and that is the truth, the VPS incurred bandwidth is the fact that someone used it and the IP address of the one who used it is all recorded in the system.

But anyway as i've said good luck and i'm sure you will get your moneyback via chargeback as you claimed and i'm very sorry if you feel like you were treated unfairly but we are sticking with the no refund policy which is the contract you have agreed in the terms of service.

regards.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:48 PM

Sorry, no services were provided. The passwords you sent me didn't work. I never could log in.

I asked for assistance, and didn't get any. I then asked for a refund, and you promptly suspended my account, and told me to shove it.

QuickWeb has the worst customer service on the planet, and they can't even provision VPS servers properly! There are many other options out there, and my advice is to look elsewhere.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Community Leader

Thread split from ad forums.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Junior Guru

Then how was the traffic produced?

Old 07-30-2010, 12:19 PM
[ VPS Enthusiast ]

OP, if you were never able to login then how did the 393.36 MB of bandwidth get used?
Also, just about every provider will terminate your account if you threaten chargebacks/staff - sounds like they would have been willing to work with you, if you had not threatened them.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I believe there is at balance point for customer and provider. However, CUSTOMER ALWAYS RIGHT!

No matter how bad attitude of the customer, your choice, close the deal or close the file.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:23 PM
[ VPS Enthusiast ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander2 View Post
However, CUSTOMER ALWAYS RIGHT!
Except when they are wrong.

Quote:
No matter how bad attitude of the customer, your choice, close the deal or close the file.
To put it in your words, they chose to close the file - they were not willing to deal with a client that resorted to threats.
As per the ToS that the client agreed to when they signed up, they terminated the contact with the client - nothing wrong with that.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Token Ring

Quote:
I believe there is at balance point for customer and provider. However, CUSTOMER ALWAYS RIGHT!
That's very naive.