hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Cloud Hosting : Recommendations for WHM/cPanel Cloud

Forum Jump

Recommendations for WHM/cPanel Cloud

Reply Post New Thread In Cloud Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 01:46 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Recommendations for WHM/cPanel Cloud

I am looking for some cloud hosting with full root access, WHM/cPanel. And this porbably doesn't need to be said but just to be sure I want something thats truley cloud hosting. I am going to build my own hosting business on top of this and I want the scalability and redundancy of cloud hosting, that is if I can find one with whm/cpanel at a good price.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2010, 01:54 AM
Web Hosting Master

what budget are you looking at? plenty of options out there now...

Give it a spin at www.TryOnApp.com, and see why we're behind 1 out of 3 public clouds online.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:14 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

i don't really know what a fair price would be to be honest. I mean I am looking for something under $40/month perferably. to host my php/mysql applications on.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2010, 03:40 AM
The Guru!

For $40/mo you can get a lower end Cloud with cpanel/whm. Check out VPS.net

Old 07-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Correct me if I'm wrong but I belive I've heard vps.net isn't true cloud hosting.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan524 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I belive I've heard vps.net isn't true cloud hosting.
We typically keep the details of our infrastructure private for sake of a competitive advantage, however to clear up this huge inconsistency I'll release a lot of details as to how our cloud works.

We have 3 datacenter locations in the United States, 1 in the United Kingdom, and 1 in Japan opening later this month. Within our datacenters we build out multiple cloud zones, each zone is independent of each other and has typically around 1.5TB of RAM available to it, all RAM/CPU is housed in hypervisors which are the "muscle" of the cloud, while the information is kept on CP servers and the multiple redundant SANs in the cloud. When you launch a VPS, it'll claim it's hypervisor, and will work off of that one hypervisor, however, if you outgrow that hypervisor, you could be hot moved with no downtime at all to a new hypervisor as needed.

Additionally, using our DNS utility, we've given our customers the ability to automatically put in place a failover DNS option. This means that if your primary datacenter goes down, your secondary datacenter (and remember, we have 4 to choose from) will take over the process of hosting your website.

Finally, we have the options of our content distribution networks, through the agreements we've signed with Akamai & Highwinds. While they're not true "clouds" by todays standards, since their goal is more-or-less to deliver data in the fastest possible path, coupled with our VPS servers, they do make for a great complimentary tool for increasing the speed and redundancy of your website.

T@OnApp.com
OnApp - Automate Everything, Everywhere.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

GigeNet is moving along nicely with multiple locations in the works
www.gigenetcloud.com

Old 07-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Think big, and discover! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennaihomie View Post
^ ditto. VPS.net does cloud hosting exceptionally well.

Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New York Colocation

Old 07-29-2010, 03:26 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

any other suggestions for cloud hosting.

Also about VPS.net, I didn't see anything about cpanel/whm do you offer that? Does it cost anything extra?

Old 07-29-2010, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan524 View Post
Also about VPS.net, I didn't see anything about cpanel/whm do you offer that? Does it cost anything extra?
$10 per month, we have been happy customers for about a year.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennaihomie View Post
www.cloud.bg is cheaper, Ä20, i switched to them from rackspace, works very well, has cpanel/whm too.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

A huge +1 for VPS.NET.

If you are on an EXTREME budget, they can't be beat. With your VPS node you can expand as needed on the fly, as you sell more you add more. Their billing is up to the minute, so if you lose a customer and don't need that extra node, remove it and the cost goes down immediately. They have dedicated IPs for only $1, additional 25GB storage for $10 and on and on.

Also, they give you free licenses for ISP Manager, which is a competitor to cPanel's WHM. It's not as robust as cPanel and doesn't have the documentation and support of cPanel but it more than does the job for small hosts. I used ISP Manager for several months until I made the revenue to pay for cPanel, which they'll license to you for only $10/month per server.

They also give you a free license to HostBill, which is a competitor to WHMCS or other web hosting solutions. HostBill's support is fantastic, and even though they have only been on the market for 7-8 months they are quickly catching up to WHMCS is most areas, and even surpassing them in others.

Throw on top of that, they give you free SSL certificates, as many as you want that you can then turn around and sell to your clients and it is a no-brainer. Oh, and the more nodes you buy, the cheaper they get... so the more popular you become the more your profit margins increase with your growth.

For $20 a month (the price of one node) you could have a full web hosting solution up and running. That includes the automated control panel, the billing and support system and the space and resources to sell. You won't find a better deal on the net, trust me I've tried.

VPS.NET is a solid company with great support. I'm not going to lie and say that it is always great, as they do have problems with outages like every large host, but they are fairly transparent when they have issues and their support is second to none. If you don't feel your ticket is receiving proper attention you can escalate it to a manager, and they always answer within minutes.

DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with VPS.NET or HostBill other than being happy customers of both. I can supply IPs and URLs of sites running on the VPS.NET to confirm if needed.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Web Hosting Master

VPS.Net is an unmanaged solution, isnīt it?

Old 08-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

They have a managed option, I believe it is $99 a month.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:04 AM
WHT Addict

Does VPS.NET provide cPanel/WHM or DirectAdmin license?