Best reseller web hosting for me

Hey, I am looking for what you consider to be the best reseller web host in terms of easiest. I do web design for customers in which I also want to host their web sites. I need a very simple system where I can give them the ability to have their own domain, management, etc. Also I need a billing system in which to keep track of them and make sure they are within their bandwidth limits.

Let me know, Thanks.

Hello Hawken,

May I ask, how much are you preparing to spend each month and what sort of requirements in terms of space, bandwidth and features are you expecting or are requiring?

The reason that I ask about features and price is because you list about management/billing system to keep track of client usages, so are curious to see how much you are preparing to spend on a monthly basis for a reseller package to cater your needs?

Sean
    l Dedigeeks • Shared • Wordpress • Dedicated • Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider • Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com • Managing Director • Service Superstars

My clients all have very basic needs and dont use a significant amount of bandwidth/resources/HD space. Budget is about $30 a month.

Hello Hawken,

That sounds pretty reasonable in terms of price

Can I ask how much you are looking at to start off with in terms of space and bandwidth, an average would be helpful.

Do you require cPanel or another form of control panel to assist you with your needs for yourself and your clients?

Probably less than 50GB of bandwidth a month. I would say around that number. I need the easiest software/tools to make it as easiest as possible for me to take care of my web hosting activities. I need to know what company is extremely beginner friendly.

Hawken,

There are a lot of companies on the market that will cater your needs, 50GB of additional bandwidth does seem quite reasonable for the amount that you have laid down and I believe there are a lot of companies out there that would be more than willing to assist you with your needs

I believe that for a beginner - or to handle your needs with a "beginner friendly" tools you could look at possibly ClientExec of Hostbill for a decent management system. Personally I love WHMCS's billing system it has all the recommended tools and features you need to really get your company/service managing your clients with easy to use navigation and automation, there might be a few oddities and courses to go through to understand every aspect but it's surely one of the best out there.

There are quite a few companies that will offer you some great incentives to your reseller packages and possibly even with the tools and resources that you need to get it going, you can always contact the webhosting for more information about their product and services and even to get an idea on what they could possibly offer you as a potential client

I noticed you quoted in dollars....so presumably you wanted a US location?

I'm a developer/designer and I have a number of VPS's as that suits my needs better.....but if I was in your position I'd look at some of the highly respected outfits on here. Cos if you use a Jackass they'll destroy your business.

I have been considering taking out a small reseller account cos I have a few clients in the south, and their requirements don't warrant an additional VPS. And if I do go ahead with that I'd more than likely use MDD Hosting as they're highly respected.

i recommend

1 hostgator (many features lots of fun )http://www.hostgator.com/resellers.shtml
    2 green geek reseller(limited account selling is condition here) http://www.greenresellerwebhosting.com/

i recommend

1 hostgator (many features lots of fun )http://www.hostgator.com/resellers.shtml
    2 green geek reseller(limited account selling is condition here) http://www.greenresellerwebhosting.com/
    Would you have any experience with these companies to recommend them to the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by mydotcombuddy View Post
    i recommend

Do you have an account with them?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by Hawken View Post
    I need to know what company is extremely beginner friendly.
    i recommend

1 hostgator (many features lots of fun
    He said beginner friendly, From what I've heard HostGator support isn't exactly the easiest to put up with.
    QuadraNet Enterprises | Providing Secure Infrastructure Solutions to modern businesses since 2001.
    QuadraNet is a globally recognized cloud solution provider ​with the Best-in-class responsive 24x7 customer support.​
    Locations: Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle & Amsterdam.
    Andrew Moore andrew.moore@quadranet.com Visit https://www.QuadraNet.com

<<snipped>>

My clients all have very basic needs and dont use a significant amount of bandwidth/resources/HD space. Budget is about $30 a month.
    I highly recommend HostDime

Read my recent review here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=964659
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 07-26-2010 at 07:45 AM.
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Do you have an account with them?
    currently not but i had used them

You have a good budget, it shouldn't be too hard to pick out a web host from the offers section..
    HostMonkey | Your kingdom starts here. (tweet us @HostMonkeynet)
    Affordable and Reliable Shared Hosting, VPS Servers, and Dedicated Servers
    OpenVZ, SolusVM CP, 99.9% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7x365 Support
    Server Reseller Program: significant discounts, to increase your profits!

currently not but i had used them
    Contact us at http://helpdesk.webhostingtalk.com/ with a domain you had hosted with both please.

You should be able to get a decent reseller account with WHMCS for $30 easily.

I need to know what company is extremely beginner friendly.
    Smaller hosts would be much more beginner friendly due to having a smaller client base. Because of this they will have more time to help out, etc. I doubt HostGator would have the time to help you setup your website(s) due to how big they are.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Cool You must see Heart Internet

They are by far the best, for only £30 (in your budget) a month you get unlimited everything.

Check them out, google them. I'm with them.

-James

Quote Originally Posted by iJamesPine View Post
    They are by far the best, for only £30 (in your budget) a month you get unlimited everything.

Check them out, google them. I'm with them.

-James
    Hello,
    A Quick Search of this forum will be full of Heart Internet Nightmares. Many will also point out that there is no such thing as "Unlimited" in the hosting industry. (can you buy a server with an "Unlimited" Hard Drive?? If not, you will not be able to buy a reseller account with unlimited resources.)
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Quote Originally Posted by iJamesPine View Post
    They are by far the best, for only £30 (in your budget)
    OP said $30 NOT £30. £30 = $46.50 USD which would be a little over his budget.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Ok an update.. I need a host with WHM and WHMCS included. I feel that these will cover my needs. Give me the best hosts that include these two features.

I will suggest TurnKey Internet. They are providing Private Name Servers & White Label Customer Support as well. In their Ultimate Reseller plan they are providing Free SSL certificate too. However, that is at $40, and over your budget. I am presenly working out my own Reseller Service with them.
    PromptSpace - Web Services
    Host4Geeks
    Shared Hosting, Domains, Email Hosting, SSL
    US & UK hosting

Another one I would recommend looking at would be uk2.net - they offer some very good reseller packages.

EZPZhosting.com is one of the best reseller host that I know. They have a lot of recommendations. I am not suprised that they do because they offer free WHMCS with WHM/Cpanel and end user support.

I think you should check em out.