Question about avg weekly sales

Hello all,

I am researching and wondering what the avg# of sales per week a hosting company owner should expect from a f/t dedicated sales staff per individual to bring in.

I know this depends on a few factors. However on average ball park I know many of us here have sales people. So how do you know if they are bringing in the number of sales they should be bringing in? or does everyone just base everything on some made up number of people they want to grow their business by per week/month?

That all depends on how much you are paying the sales person.
    SimpleSonic - We Make Fast... Easy!
    US/UK/MY - 100% Uptime - Shared - Reseller - cPanel - DirectAdmin - WHMCS Included!
    Blazing Fast NVMe SSD - CloudLinux - Imunify360 - LiteSpeed - MailChannels - JetBackup

This depends on a number of factors including how good your staff is, what sort of resources they have, what additional advertising is being done, etc.
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

I would judge their current performance against their past performance, along with a healthy dose of common sense.

Thanks all for your feedback. I was thinking their may be some sort of industry standard type math forumulare like x hours per week spent dedicated to cold calling warm calling etc would should == x number sales per week.

But I guess it all depends on too many variables.

There are so many variables in this business, it is incredible. If your service is expressly unique I would say you have the possibility of expecting a large number of sales per day, otherwise its all down to your price, reputation, seo, sem, etc... I worked for a medium to high end host some time ago, and pulled in about 4 sales per day at best.

As mentioned earlier I think it also depends on what you're paying the salesperson. Take into account the sales they've brought in that ended up as recurring monthly subscriptions, since they should be included with new sales (per month) when determining value.
    John Rasri
    Private Label Live Chat Provider For Resellers
    GotLiveChat.com
    White Label/Brand-able live chat software solutions

Are you paying them on a commission base or salary?

Quote Originally Posted by mjfroggy View Post
    Hello all,

I am researching and wondering what the avg# of sales per week a hosting company owner should expect from a f/t dedicated sales staff per individual to bring in.

I know this depends on a few factors. However on average ball park I know many of us here have sales people. So how do you know if they are bringing in the number of sales they should be bringing in? or does everyone just base everything on some made up number of people they want to grow their business by per week/month?
    How many people are your sales team. If anything I think you should work with your team and develop a quota for them to meet every week (based on what you expect).
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Thanks all for the continued replies. I do not have a sales staff yet. Which is why I was/am researching what amount of sales I should expect of someone I would hire. I mean I know how much sales and revenue I would like a sales person to generate but my thoughts might not be reality :-)