* Windows 2008 Hositng on Parallels Plesk Panel with MSSQL 2008

We are launching new services and products on our new website. We need your help in evaluating our packages and plans.

Webspace Features

Plesk 9.5.2
    1000 MB Storage space
    Hosted on Genuine Windows 2008
    20 subdomains
    Customer error pages
    20 FTP accounts
    5 GB bandwdith per month
    100 Pop Accounts
    Antivirus Scanning
    Spam Filtering
    File manager
    Website statistics using AWStats/WebAnalyzer
    Dedicated Application Pool

Website Scripting

ASP.NET Server Scripting
    ASP Server scripting
    PHP Server scripting
    Perl CGI Scripting
    ODBC connections
    MySQL Server databases (Quota scalable to your hosting space)
    MSSQL 2008 Database (Additional $5/Month for 100MB)
    FrontPage Extensions
    Password Protection

Price $2.95 pm First Month $1

No setup fee & No contract

As someone who's been around hosting for a long, long time...

Honestly, I think your plan is too cheap. It costs a lot of money to run each server plus Windows licenses plus Plesk licenses plus MSSQL licenses plus cost of employees, overhead, etc... At that price, I would venture a guess you either have a VPS you're trying to help cover the costs on or you're going to try and load up a dedicated server way beyond its limit to make any kind of worthwhile profit. I would worry about the sustainability of your company when I see prices that low, especially without any higher cost shared plans, VPS's or dedicated servers to balance out the money you're not making on this plan.

I've seen tons of companies come in and try and offer the lowest price and it sometimes works OK for the very short term, but it never works out in the long term.

Charge a bit more and show the customer real value or you'll only attract riff-raff clients who want 100% uptime for $.50/month. These clients will abandon you for no real reason and change hosts with the wind.
    Last edited by Will-AH; 07-15-2010 at 10:38 PM.
    ActiveHost - Upstate New York Data Center Services: Powering the Active Business with ProActive Service
    Windows and Linux Cloud Hosting, VPS, Dynamic Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    In business since 1996. Privately owned multi-million dollar data center. 24x7 Support.
    www.activehost.com sales@activehost.com 1-518-372-2842

hi Will thanks for the nice words and suggestions. We have other services as well so we can balance the cost of running this server. We are running some good linux machines since years and we are in market since 2004.

Its just we have started with windows shared hosting and would like to give a try on the same.

Thanks for all your support and showing interest towards our services. This Promo is end now. We will update you with new offerings.

New Promo Offer - First Bill 50% Off use the Coupon code "50OFF"

Starting Price $3.98

Thanks for all your support towards us. The last promo in this series we are offering Free SSL now with the package. The SSL will valid on our network. You need to pay for the IP address only at the rate of $1.5 per month.

To avail this offer kindly write SSL in the notes and use coupon 50OFF to get 50% off on first bill.