Searching for VPS

Hello WHT, I am searching for a good VPS provider (dedicated server is acceptable, but with my budget I doubt there would be anything).. I don't really have too many preferences...

Anything really would do as long as it has excellent uptime and stability, fast network speeds, and has plenty of resources.. 100+ GB of disk space, and 1,000+ MB bandwidth, preferrably on 100Mbps connection port..

I'd also expect the provider to be very reliable in terms of customer support and honoring their policies (money back guarantees, guaranteed uptime, etc). 24/7 live chat support is preferred..

My monthly budget is about $80, though would be nice if it didn't exactly cost $80, maybe more around $50-70, so I can have some room for upgrades and such.

I'd like for it to also have cPanel/WHM with the Fantastico addon if possible...

I searched around and found some vps providers that I liked the prices and plans on.. But after hours of research into reviews and things, I found that they seem to have some bad reviews. I know that there are bad reviews with all hosts, simply because you can't please everyone... But these kinds of reviews make me hesitant. I'd hate to be put into that percentage of people that run into the same problem. I've been lucky enough to not have those problems though...

My selections so far:

VirPus
    KnownHost
    PhotonVPS
    PacificHost
    GeekStorage
    DMEHosting

So, if anyone has any suggestions on which one they would use and why, that would be great.. If you have had experience with them, let me know what your experience is... Or if you know another VPS provider with my range of preferences and know much about them, I'd like to hear it...

I could essentially base my decision on the GOOD reviews I have seen, but we all know those could simply be customers who really have no idea what they're doing and don't know much about the important things in hosts. So I am turning to the WHT community who all seem very experienced and knowledgeable for helping me to decide.. I am much more trusting of you folks than I am of random review sites.

Thanks in advance for your time.

hello
    check this 10 euros vps offer
    http://www.giga-international.com/?show=vserver
    added another 10 euros for cpanel/whm
    so everything you asked for is available for about 20 euros

You have a pretty good budget to get yourself a higher performing VPS. Usually when you pay $50+ for a VPS you are going to get additional back end features such as more CPU and HD priority, and daily backups.

Good luck with your search, you should end up with a pretty powerful VPS with that price tag.
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC

I've got experience with KnownHost who are one of your options! Check the reviews....and they all say the same thing. Outstanding!

I've had pretty good results with MediaTemple but there are plenty of top notch VPS providers based on your monthly budget. I would also check out Servint. They have very strong reviews and I've read they have top notch customer service.

You can build fairly cheap hdd intensive server from 123Systems using their "Custom VPS" template. What I checked that under 15$ it costs to have 100GB hdd and 2TB traffic with 128MB ram.

I wouldn't recommend using any VPS that has less than 512MB ram ESPECIALLY if you plan to run cPanel/WHM as these will require some more resources from the VPS than just running standard httpd, dovecat, etc...

Consider that most of the VPS offers with lots of HDD space and low prices are mainly using disk arrays and can offer more space at a lower price, but with less memory and processing power than others.

Look for hardware specifications in order to ensure the stability of your server over time. Key points to check for are processor architecture, whether the RAM is burstable/SLM/etc... Keep in mind that other hosts will be using the same box and this can kill your processes if the server overloads due to another hosts resource consumption.

I have not used any of the providers you listed for vps, but I can say that your budget is reasonable to find your specifications. If it were me I may compromise on disk space a little more for better RAM. For example, I have 2 VPSs with 1024 MB RAM, 80 GB Disk, and offer 1,000 GB monthly data transfer...they both cost me around $80/month (not including additional costs for cPanel/WHM/WHMCS licenses), but are well worth it as they have excellent uptime, stability, and terrific support.
    SR Web Studio
    Shared & Reseller Web Hosting - Web Design - Complete Solutions
    cPanel - Fantastico De Luxe - Instant Setup - 99.9% Uptime

sales@srwebstudio.com | (412) 945-0130

PhotonVPS has been fantastic with me..

Quote Originally Posted by DarkW View Post
    Anything really would do as long as it has excellent uptime and stability, fast network speeds, and has plenty of resources.. 100+ GB of disk space, and 1,000+ MB bandwidth, preferrably on 100Mbps connection port..
    Do you have a preference of server location?

I would add WiredTree.com and ServInt.net to your list of prospective VPS hosts.

Last but not least search the VPS Hosting Offers for discounts and coupon offers to save even more.

why don't you get yourself a dedicated server? with the cost of $80/mo, in fact you can get a quad core server rather then just vps.
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT