hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Northern California Dedicated Servers?

Forum Jump

Northern California Dedicated Servers?

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Northern California Dedicated Servers?

Does anyone know of any hosts in northern california, preferrably San Jose or San Francisco that provides dedicated servers. I'm looking for a Quad-Core with 8GB RAM for under $150 per month.

Sponsored Links
Old
Snoork Hosting

Well, your budget isn't very high for a quad core server with 8 GB of ram. Also the location you have chosen does not have very cheap services like compared to Texas.

What about the hard drives and bandwidth you will need?

Old
Cultivated in California

The best I know of the Bay Area is ServePath, they are offering exactly what you are looking for $50 more per month. Ask for Craig DeMartini. - http://www.servepath.com/dedicated-servers/index.php. They've treated us well.

Sponsored Links
Old

Hurricane Electric (he.net) is located in Fremont California, which isn't far from San Jose.

They don't offer pricing on their website so you will have to request a quote from them.

Old
Web Hosting Master

http://www.take2hosting.com/

Quad core (I think they're X32x0s from memory), 8GB RAM, 10mbps unmetered egress (100mbps ingress), remote reboot/reinstall with a couple different Linux OS choices and serial console to boot. I think the price now is $129/mo?

We've had a really good experience there over the past year or so.

Edit: Aww, they're out of stock at the moment. Email mike at sales@ and ask them when they're getting more servers.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoorkAdvertiser View Post
Well, your budget isn't very high for a quad core server with 8 GB of ram. Also the location you have chosen does not have very cheap services like compared to Texas.

What about the hard drives and bandwidth you will need?
I've found hosts offering this configuration for $150 or less in Dallas, Chicago, New York and Atlanta.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaggle View Post
http://www.take2hosting.com/

Quad core (I think they're X32x0s from memory), 8GB RAM, 10mbps unmetered egress (100mbps ingress), remote reboot/reinstall with a couple different Linux OS choices and serial console to boot. I think the price now is $129/mo?

We've had a really good experience there over the past year or so.

Edit: Aww, they're out of stock at the moment. Email mike at sales@ and ask them when they're getting more servers.
We host game servers so latency is a big concern, I believe they use cogent which won't work for us. However their pricing is very fair would be perfect for a web hosting or vps host.

Old
Snoork Hosting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueServers View Post
I've found hosts offering this configuration for $150 or less in Dallas, Chicago, New York and Atlanta.
Well, as I mentioned you may find a server at your budget at different location, but you have said that you are looking for a dedicated server in Northern California.