Webhost Suggestion

Hi guys. I've been browsing the forums and believe that the talented and knowledgeable people of this forum can help me out. I need to find a webhost that's relatively cheap ($100 a year max) that i can host 2 domains on. One of these domains is going to be a vbulletin forum, it currently has 15 members and 550 posts but i expect it to rise to 200 users.
    The other site is going to be a blog for a group that fansubs anime ,aka translates Japanese cartoons into English and redistributes it with the subtitles (usually via bit torrent). The site will not host the torrents or any copyrighted material, but will link to a site that hosts it.
    Do you guys have any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Alex

I don't think you will find any problems finding a host that meets your criteria, however the 2nd web site you are looking to host sounds a bit iffy. I say this a lot, but it really is a good place to start. I suggest checking out the offers section of this forum and pick out some hosts to contact? To avoid any trouble, make sure you contact the host before signing up and make sure that the 2nd web site you are planning to host with them does not violate any of they're terms and conditions. Hope that helps!
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Does the site you link to offer illegal torrent downloads?
    l Dedigeeks • Shared • Wordpress • Dedicated • Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider • Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com • Managing Director • Service Superstars

You should check with the host if they will allow this link. There are many quality hosts in the offers section. Make sure to search for reviews before purchasing, most good hosts will have primarily positive reviews.
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    |||| Top 10 Web Hosts - www.TopHostScout.com
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You can definately find a host for what you are looking for. Make sure to read the TOS or ask the host first about the second site.

I'd start in the offers section and go from there!
    Stream101 | Affordable Media Solutions
    Shared cPanelฎ Web Hosting | WordPress Hosting | Premium Stream Hosting
    TOLL-FREE: (616) 277-7280 | 30 Day NO QUESTIONS Money-Back Guarantee
    100% Cogent Free Network | CloudLinux OS | Tier 1 Bandwidth | Grand Rapids, MI

I know people here keep referring to the offers section, if you do how about linking too it
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Be careful when you look for your host. You need to make sure they allow the dynamic content that you need hosted. You need to make sure that if you plan on your sites getting popular then you will probably have to upgrade your package with whichever host before a year as you will probably consume quite a bit of server resources. Most hosts don't mind if you use the server resources, as long as you are paying for them.

When you first signup you will have what you need. But as you post on your blog, the more dynamic content comes. As members signup to your forum, the more dynamic content comes. If you are really interested in getting popular sites and are going to work toward this you will need to count on paying more then what your budget is now in the future. You may make it a year, you may not!

If your website will have many daily views, consider the capacity of the server, I recommend iWeb shared services, they have servers with up to 30GB that can meet your needs, if you want more control, you can still pay a VPS.

I have read about two hosts so far: hawkhost and cgiwire, and contacted both about the second site. So far hawkhost has responded:
    "It's a gray area at best - typically speaking if a copyright holder submits a DMCA request we'll request you remove the offending file(s)."
    I will go through the offers section and see what I can find. Should I be looking at the Shared Hosting Offers?

Yes, Shared Hosting Offers. All the desperate hosts have ads there.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

I recommend you contact web hosting sales before and ask your questions.

Look for an offshore host, 99% of onshore (USA) based shared hosting wont allow linking to any sort of copyrighted content.

Your best best is NL/DE based web hosting.

The site will not host the torrents or any copyrighted material, but will link to a site that hosts it.
    As long as you don't link to the the copyrighted contents directly, you shouldn't have any problem. I mean, as example, you can't link to make a post on a forum with link to rapidshare
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by are595 View Post
    Hi guys. I've been browsing the forums and believe that the talented and knowledgeable people of this forum can help me out. I need to find a webhost that's relatively cheap ($100 a year max) that i can host 2 domains on. One of these domains is going to be a vbulletin forum, it currently has 15 members and 550 posts but i expect it to rise to 200 users.
    The other site is going to be a blog for a group that fansubs anime ,aka translates Japanese cartoons into English and redistributes it with the subtitles (usually via bit torrent). The site will not host the torrents or any copyrighted material, but will link to a site that hosts it.
    Do you guys have any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Alex
    All web hosts meet your needs. There is no problem with setting up such a website.

Hello - I would suggest EZPZHosting myself.

I was with them quite a while - great prices.

UK & USA Available if I remember rightly.

Three webhosts I have read about in the offers that seem like a good deal for me are HawkHost, 123Systems, and SharkSpace. Does anyone have any experience with any of them? After reading the forums at HawkHost I get the feeling of a community, but 123Systems seems like a very great deal.

All three have good reviews here on WHT, I cannot vouch for any of the three you have enquired to above though another good hosting provider is Aspirationhosting.com

Used them for a small static site and never had an issue.

Thehosted are great! Give them a look Michelle gives great support