06-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lansing, MI
Storm On Demand Limited Time FREE Load Balancing, and Advanced DNS Editor!
~~~~~~~~ Storm On Demand; BEYOND Dedicated ~~~~~~~~~
John Hodgman is an expert at everything.
That's why he hosts with Storm On Demand. Read his story, and others at StormOnDemand.com
ANNOUNCING FREE* STORM LOAD BALANCING- New!
This week we added network load balancing
for both Storm Servers and Bare Metal Dedicated Servers.
This allows users to create powerful high availability networks which utilize a hybrid of flexible Cloud
Servers and powerful Dedicated Servers with the same management tools. Users may access Storm's
Load Balancing features by logging into their dashboard and clicking "Networking" from the left hand menu
and then "Load Balancer".
Storm Cloud Load Balancing Highlights:
- Load balance traffic across Storm Cloud Servers & Storm Bare Metal Dedicated Servers
- Load Balancer SSL Termination & Session Persistence for proper source logging & security handling
- Redundant, Fault Tolerant, Enterprise Class Load Balancer Hardware with Multiple Gigabits of Connectivity
- Multiple Load Balancing Methods including: Round Robin, Least Connect & Historical Intelligence
* For a limited time, Storm Load Balancers are Free! Offer expires September 1st, 2010.
Storm on Demand's newest feature: An Advanced DNS editor
The Advanced DNS Editor removes the need for you to contact us for any of your DNS edits, while allowing you to use our redundant nameservers. Through a powerful and intuitive interface, you can now add and edit A records, MX records, define nameservers, set TTLs (Time to live), and much more within your DNS records. You can do everything everything you would normally be able to in a zone entry, in the Storm interface.
Take a look at Storm's complete list of features at StormOnDemand
ANNOUNCING STORM BARE METAL- New!
Storm Bare Metal fuses powerful Cloud Technology
with the transparency of Dedicated servers
. You choose the drive space
, raid configuration
, RAM amounts
, and CPU
, click and go.
Your new dedicated server is Ready to go in Minutes
. Upgrading from a Storm Cloud Server to a Storm Bare Metal server is just a few clicks away.
With its true Hybrid Hosting
Storm allows you to mix and match what you need: Cloud servers with Bare Metal servers. Pay for what you need, and only what you use.
Learn more about Bare Metal
Storm On Demand: Beyond Dedicated- New!
The power you need, when you need it.
Learn more: http://StormOnDemand.com
StormOnDemand's Features Include:
- Server Setup in Minutes
- Fully Managed Servers Available
- Scalable and Flexible - Clone and Resize with ease.
- Powerful Backup, Firewall & Private Networking features
- cPanel, WHM, Fantastico, Ubuntu, Debian and CentOS available.
- Utility style hourly billing, so you only pay for what you use.
StormOnDemand servers start at $0.07/hour!
- Sign Up for StormOnDemand Now!
All Managed Storm Servers Include:
If you have any questions about our services, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chat With our Heroic Sales Team! (When Available)
Liquid Web "Heroic Support"
24/7/365 Phone and Email Support:
On average, our helpdesk tickets are answered in under 5-10 minutes (30 minute guarantee), and our phones are answered in under 20 seconds.
Proactive Sonar Monitoring Team:
Liquid Web's highly trained Sonar Monitoring Team monitors your system services 24/7 to ensure service consistency and availability. When our system alerts us to a problem on your server, our experienced and trained technicians respond to the incident nearly instantaneously, mitigating the impact of any service or hardware failure to the highest possible degree. As we own and operate our entire data center directly, we are able to respond quickly and efficiently to issues of any impact level. From simple software service failures to catastrophic hardware failures our on-site level 3 technicians are able to react without delay, 24 hours per day.
Proactive Security and Software Updates:
A large range of system software updates are handled for all clients. We update basic system software such as Apache and PHP upon request, perform nightly security updates, as well as any other general system administration duties you may need. While a good working command line knowledge is useful, with Liquid Web, you may never need to log in through SSH again.
- 24x7x365 Heroic Support via Phone and Helpdesk
- Premium Multi-homed Bandwidth from Multiple Tier 1 providers
- Wholly owned Liquid Web Data Centers
- On-site Pro-active Server Management
- 24/7/365 Pro-Active Sonar Service Monitoring and Restoration
- 100% Network Up-time Guarantee
- 30 Minute Ticket Response Time SLA* (Average 5-10 Minutes!)
- ... and more!
More information about Liquid Web's Heroic Support
Watch Liquid Web Client Video Testimonials
Liquid Web's Wholly Owned Data Centers
Liquid Web currently owns and operates three data centers in Lansing, MI totaling over 130,000 square feet of space. Our multi-homed network is powered by premium tier-1 bandwidth featuring diverse path OC-48 fiber connectivity with carriers Verizon/MCI, Sprint, and Savvis/C&W. The implementation of premium tier-1 bandwidth as well as N+1 redundant routing hardware ensures enhanced stability and superior performance in reliability, throughput and latency. Coupled with BGP, network consistency is assured in the event of a provider network outage, low level line failure, fiber cut, or even a core routing hardware failure. All network traffic is monitored by an Intrusion Detection System to alert us to any nefarious activity at any network layer before it can impact service consistency.
Power Systems, Environmental Systems, and Physical Security:
- Liquid Web's Power systems are reliable and robust featuring a large centralized UPS system and multiple backup generators, providing our data centers with continual power even in the event of extended total electrical blackout.
- Environmental systems keep ambient temperatures at a constant and actively remove foreign particulates from the air to ensure the best ventilation possible for all servers.
- Data Center entry is limited to technician staff and security monitored throughout our entire facility utilizing an array of CCTV cameras running 24/7.
Quite simply: each Liquid Web data center is engineered from the ground up for maximum performance, stability, and security.
More information at http://LiquidWeb.com. Now featuring VIDEO TOURS!
Liquid Web Sonar Server Monitoring.
Sonar Monitoring is a dedicated division of Liquid Web solely focused on providing service reliability and immediate alert resolution. The Sonar Monitoring team utilizes a diverse configuration of proprietary system-level health and service monitoring tools to constantly ensure your server's optimal performance through early detection of problems. In the event that an issue is identified, our Sonar Monitoring Team responds immediately, reducing downtime and repairing any issues proactively, in many cases before the client is even aware of the problem.
The Sonar Monitoring team focuses on prevention of, as well as immediate response to, service interruptions, whether they be software, hardware or network-related. With the bulk of service failures being prevented before occurrence, and nearly all remaining service failures being corrected within minutes, the team operates as a persistent proactive manager of client service consistency. The Liquid Web Sonar Monitoring Team has enabled us to provide the industry's leading 30 minute hardware replacement SLA.
Sonar Monitors and graphs the following information in real time:
- Control panel Status (Plesk & cPanel)
- HTTP Status
- Bandwidth Graphs
- Memory Utilization
- Swap Memory Usage
- DNS Status
- Pop3 Status
- FTP Status
- SMTP Status
- SSH Status
- MySQL Status
- RDP Status
- Server Up Time
- ...and more!
More information about Liquid Web's Sonar Server Monitoring.
Liquid Web ServerSecure
Liquid Web offers our exclusive ServerSecure service which is available free with all CentOS based cPanel servers and Windows based Plesk servers.
ServerSecure™ is an exclusive Liquid Web service which is designed to save you both time and resources. This initial setup option provides many additional services and modifications to the default Operating System and control panel installation which greatly enhances the security, reliability, and compatibility of your server and software. What would have normally taken you hours of installation work, or the hiring of an outside systems administrator, is now done for you by Liquid Web. Your server is locked down, ready to run, as soon as you receive it.
This initial setup service secure your server includes:
- Installing ClamAV Anti-Virus
- Rebuilding Apache with commonly used modules and PHP settings for optimum computability
- Installing Zend Optimizer
- Installing ImageMagick, PerlMagick, NetPBM
- Installing a customized APF Firewall
- DOS Protection for Apache
- Securing temporary directories and shared memory locations
- Spoof Protection and DOS hardening
- Custom Liquid Web Stats to monitor load, RAM, disk usage, etc.
More information about Liquid Web's ServerSecure.
Proactive Security Updates and Security Notifications
Vulnerability discovery, assessment and response can be a time consuming process. Liquid Web handles this responsibility on your behalf through an optimized assessment and upgrade process which allows us to continually evaluate and respond to the security of our managed servers. When a high-risk vulnerability is discovered, such as kernel or SSH vulnerability, we immediately patch your server as soon as an update is available, at no additional charge. If a vulnerability is discovered in a software package which may have a custom configuration or where an update could cause a conflict, we initiate contact with you immediately so you may advise us on to how you would like us to proceed.
Simply put: we employ intelligent proactive security, ensuring your server is secure and functional to the highest level possible. This way you get all the benefits of proactive security, but don't have to worry about unwanted service disruptions. Of course, you can always opt out of the proactive upgrade process if you would like.
Intelligent Attack and TOS Resolution
Liquid Web will never simply "pull the plug" on your server in response to a denial of service attack, TOS violation, or billing issue. We believe in communicating with clients, and will always be sure to contact you via phone or email before any major action is taken if it is at all avoidable. We know your server is your business and up-time is crucial which is why we are proud to offer you the personal care you deserve.
Liquid Web SLA:
Liquid Web TOS:
Ping test IP: 126.96.36.199
Speed test: http://www.liquidweb.com/data/10mb.bin
This is the server which hosts the main http://www.liquidweb.com
Join the StormOnDemand social networks.
Twitter: @StormOnDemand http://twitter.com/stormondemand
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sto...d/124086253694
Youtube Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LiquidWebInc
Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/liquidweb/
If you have any questions about our services, please send us an email at email@example.com
or Chat With our Heroic Sales Team!
|NOTICE TO CONSUMERS|
Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask.
If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
- Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
- Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
- If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off