Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37

    Exclamation QuickWeb VPS review (Stay Away!)

    Made the mistake of wasting my time signing up with these 'new zealanders'. They falsely accused me of providing incorrect contact information after I prepaid for over a month of VPS service with my verified paypal account. Then they said they were going to delete all my data in 24 hours. So I made this post, and filed a paypal complaint.

    Too bad there company isn't based in the USA because they would be facing a civil lawsuit for libel...

    Stay away from QuickWeb
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,502
    I'm sure they would refund you, did you even ask them for one?
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37
    Wouldn't you refund someone's payment before you falsely accuse them of providing false contact information? They didn't even try calling my phone, I know this because it isn't ringing. It seems redundant that I should have to ASK for a refund after being treated like this.
    Last edited by Servinator; 06-20-2010 at 04:11 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    60
    If their problem is with your contact information. Why don't you just prove it to them by faxing your ID or a utility bill or if something is incorrect just correct it, instead of having your account removed.
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37
    Oh really? Just fax them my ID and utility bill to stop them from deleting all my data? Oh really? Just like that... I'll get right on that, just as soon as I switch to a host that doesn't accuse me of these things in the first place. Much less threaten to delete my data!!! Unbelievable!
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,320
    Well you are not reading ToS/AUP my friend, did we delete your data?

    For everybody's information this is what he provide as info:

    Firtname: vacationing
    Lastname: incostarica.com

    Address: General Delivery

    We are just simply implementing our ToS/AuP which you agreed to when you sign-up.

    I do not think we are doing something extra ordinary here by asking responsible customer to provide correct contact details and the fact that your account is not deleted whatsover i cannot see anything that warrants this king of thread.

    If you are not happy you can cancel your account and we are happy to fully refund your payment as we cannot tolerate this king of childish attitude from our customers.

    Get your fact straight mate, we did not delete your data and you were not asked to provide any ID, we are simply asking you to provide correct contact info that's all. With all these scammers and spammers around we have a tough stance on this matter and sorry if we offended you.

    Also i'm not sure if you already have data in your VPS as the email notice sent to you minutes after your Welcome email has sent, so this guy is just here to tarnish your reputation.
    Last edited by QuickWeb-Roel; 06-20-2010 at 04:24 PM.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37
    Holy Shneikies! Someone gave you the name of their business for a business hosting account? OMG? WTF are you going to do? I don't know how you could possibly deal with such a situation, except by diclosing your customers info on a public message board...

    Clearly QuickWeb IS THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL HOST ON THE PLANET.

    WHY ARE THEY GIVING OUT MY PRIVATE INFORMATION?

    TALK ABOUT THE TOS/AUP SOME MORE, I STILL DON'T HAVE A REFUND.
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,320
    We have received tons of emails from this customer cursing us, we have all of these documented, we now have no option but to terminate this guy's account and warn everyone avoid this guy. you now know the domain as above.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37
    Lest we forget, my actuall mailing address IS

    General Delivery
    City, State, Zipcode

    OMG? Seriously? This guy lives in a place that doesn't delivery mail to houses? Holy Moly! Maybe he lives in Colorado, way up in the mountains where EVERYONE RECEIVES GENERAL DELIVERY MAIL AT THE POST OFFICE.

    Clearly a scammer, the guy had the nerve to pre-pay for his VPS with a VERIFIED PAYPAL ACCOUNT WITH THE SAME ADDRESS. GENERAL DELIVERY.

    WHERE IS MY REFUND?
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,320
    ToS and AuP violator does not qualify for any refund of any kind, i mean after threatening us with all your nasty email? good luck on your next host!
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    741

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Servinator View Post
    Holy Shneikies! Someone gave you the name of their business for a business hosting account? OMG? WTF are you going to do? I don't know how you could possibly deal with such a situation, except by diclosing your customers info on a public message board...

    Clearly QuickWeb IS THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL HOST ON THE PLANET.

    WHY ARE THEY GIVING OUT MY PRIVATE INFORMATION?

    TALK ABOUT THE TOS/AUP SOME MORE, I STILL DON'T HAVE A REFUND.
    On order forms it is generally first name, last name, and business name and they are supposed to be filled out according. Often times when customers are unwilling to disclose accurate information they have intentions of using the service for malicious reasons or it is a fraudulent payment. This is likely the reason why your account would be disabled as QuickWeb is just trying to protect themselves.
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37

    * THE TRUTH

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickWeb-Roel View Post
    ToS and AuP violator does not qualify for any refund of any kind, i mean after threatening us with all your nasty email? good luck on your next host!
    Really? You are going to refuse me a refund? So in NZ it must be legal to take payment for a service, and not provide it while keeping the payment? Really? Should I contact the NZ police to verify that?

    Maybe I'll just call my credit card company and leave you a nice big CHARGEBACK.

    I paid for service, you refused to provide it, so send me a complete refund or continue to have every single possible future client on WHT know exactly how you run your business.

    So far you have...

    1. Disclosed my private information
    2. Threatened to delete my data
    3. Refused refund

    Clearly QuickWeb is the most unprofessional hosting company on the planet.

    Soon, when someone searches for your company on google, they will find this stunning review.
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,320
    this guy is calling us nigg3r and we receive some crazy/nasty email, i cannot understand why this guy went berserk we are just simply asking to fill-up his account information correctly which all clients we have happily provided

    Why not emailing us nicely and asking you cannot agree with the terms and we are very happy to refund you my friend and not to resort to this kind of dirty tricks.... also i see you already filled paypal dispute.

    Also you can report to the mod for your so called personal information be removed, let them decide.

    regards.
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,502
    If you're unwilling to provide correct information it obviously sounds you're trying to commit fraud. Since fraud is quite common these days QuickWeb was only trying to protect you and themselves from fraud. QuickWeb didn't do anything wrong.
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37
    Unwilling to provide correct information?

    Are you insane or just oblivious?

    I have provided nothing but 100% correct contact information.

    Paid in full with my verified paypal account of 7 years.

    QuickWeb cancelled my hosting account, deleted my data, and refused to refund my paypal payment.

    Who is the scammer here again?
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Servinator View Post
    Unwilling to provide correct information?

    Are you insane or just oblivious?

    I have provided nothing but 100% correct contact information.

    Paid in full with my verified paypal account of 7 years.

    QuickWeb cancelled my hosting account, deleted my data, and refused to refund my paypal payment.

    Who is the scammer here again?
    Seeing you also abused their staff members with using abusive words.. you are clearly in the wrong. No host tolerates such abusive words and would have terminated you instantly already.
      0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37
    Clearly I am in the wrong. I paid for service, had my data deleted, didn't receive a refund, and I called them a name that clearly describes their activities.

    Clearly I am in the wrong here. I mean, shouldn't I be sending QuickWeb hosting more money for this great service?
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Servinator View Post
    Clearly I am in the wrong. I paid for service, had my data deleted, didn't receive a refund, and I called them a name that clearly describes their activities.

    Clearly I am in the wrong here. I mean, shouldn't I be sending QuickWeb hosting more money for this great service?
    Every host would of terminated you instantly with NO refund after your threats and abusive words.
      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by HL-Adam View Post
    Every host would of terminated you instantly with NO refund after your threats and abusive words.
    Clearly you don't understand the law in the United States.

    It is Fraud when you offer to provide services, then refuse to provide them, and refuse a refund.

    That is called Fraud, otherwise known as QuickWeb hosting, the most unprofessional host on the internet.

    Since I am now leaving a nice review of Quickweb on WHT, webmasterworld, digitalpoint forums, and many other places, I can also leave a nice note about VPSLatch too since you seem to be on the QuickWeb bandwagon.
      0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Servinator View Post
    Clearly you don't understand the law in the United States.

    It is Fraud when you offer to provide services, then refuse to provide them, and refuse a refund.

    That is called Fraud, otherwise known as QuickWeb hosting, the most unprofessional host on the internet.
    Wow...

    I believe it states in their terms of service that they don't allow threats or abusive words? I'm not sure about that though, must providers have that in the TOS. Since you legally agreed to the terms of service when you signup for a service, you and the service provider must agree and abide the terms of service.

    Since I am now leaving a nice review on Quickweb on WHT, webmasterworld, digitalpoint forums, and many other places, I can also leave a nice note about your company too since you seam to be on the QuickWeb bandwagon.
    Good luck.
      0 Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Dude, you are alone. Nobody on this forum thinks you are in the right at all. Frankly, you sound like a lunatic and should probably get some help.
      0 Not allowed!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by HL-Adam View Post
    Wow...

    I believe it states in their terms of service that they don't allow threats or abusive words? I'm not sure about that though, must providers have that in the TOS. Since you legally agreed to the terms of service when you signup for a service, you and the service provider must agree and abide the terms of service.



    Good luck.
    First of all I never threatened anyone. The only name I called them was after they deleted my data then refused to refund my payment. OMG? He did what?! Clearly I am in the wrong for calling someone an AHole after they delete my data and refuse a refund.
      0 Not allowed!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,502
    Yes you basically nailed it there... and look around, no one seems to be on your side. Face the facts.
      0 Not allowed!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,320
    you will not be asked if you filled-up the forms correctly you did not even put your name and address in there and you call that 100% accurate? you filled for paypal dispute so what we can do? another ToS/AuP violation and you are no longer customer.

    Why not make a public apology and we are happy to start all over again... fill-up your account details correctly and let's move forward? i know you are upset and if you just breath in and out... have a cup of coffee maybe and upon realising "ah cool, it's just simple... they just want me to provide correct details which i think haven't filled up properly" contact us nicely afterward then there should be no trouble here.

    Your VPS by the looks of it is just suspended pending outcome of paypal dispute you filed... but then by the looks of it you are just clearly harassing us with your false claims and the fact that we did not do anything form you than asking you to fill-up the forms correctly and your VPS is up and running but we need to suspend due to paypal dispute.
    Last edited by QuickWeb-Roel; 06-20-2010 at 05:25 PM.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive
      0 Not allowed!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickWeb-Roel View Post
    you will not be asked if you filled-up the forms correctly you did not even put your name and address in there and you call that 100% accurate? you filled for paypal dispute so what we can do? another ToS/AuP violation and you are no longer customer.

    Why not make a public apology and we are happy to start all over again... fill-up your account details correctly and let's move forward? i know you are upset and if you just breath in and out... have a cup of coffee maybe and upon realising "ah cool, it's just simple... they just want me to provide correct details which i think haven't filled up properly" contact us nicely afterward then there should be no trouble here.

    Your VPS by the looks of it is just suspended pending outcome of paypal dispute you filed.
    Great idea. You should make a public apology for disclosing my domains, private information, refusing a refund, etc

    Then we'll see if I can't edit the review to make sure everyone knows you did give me a refund without me having to put a charge-back on your paypal account, take you to court in the US and get a default judgment allowing me to seize your domain name, etc

    edit: I did give you 100% complete accurate account info, I gave you my real mailing address, and my real company name.
      0 Not allowed!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37
    If you think I gave you false contact info, call the phone number, or better yet. Send a letter to the address i gave you, i'll open it, use it for toilet paper, wad it up and mail it back to you if you don't believe i gave you the right address/name.
      0 Not allowed!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Servinator View Post
    Great idea. You should make a public apology for disclosing my domains, private information, refusing a refund, etc

    Then we'll see if I can't edit the review to make sure everyone knows you did give me a refund without me having to put a charge-back on your paypal account, take you to court in the US and get a default judgment allowing me to seize your domain name, etc

    edit: I did give you 100% complete accurate account info, I gave you my real mailing address, and my real company name.
    Oh, then if you gave correct details then why grieve? you can easily point that to us by simply emailing us and the fact that your VPS is running before you filed paypal dispute meaning you caused your own demise.

    Some people thinks because we are not US based host we are just an easy picking for abuse, well you are wrong.

    This will be may last post here as i'm are not here to waste my time with your game.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive
      0 Not allowed!

  28. #28
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37
    Did Quickweb attempt to verify the customers info before threatening to delete his data? Did they call the phone number? Did they verify the address/city/zipcode all matched? NO

    Does quickweb's telephone number work? No. Is it a false US number that just has voicemail? Yeah.

    Isn't that scamming? Yeah!!!

    Did quickweb send out a 24 hour notice saying they were going to delete his data? yeah.

    If Quickweb was concerned about fraud, wouldn't they have already refunded the payment? yeah.

    Has quickweb refunded the payment yet? NO

    QuickWeb, we delete your account, ban your IP from our network, and keep your money. For all your VPS hosting needs... QuickWeb. NOT.

    If you want a real VPS host that is based in the USA, and when you call their phone number it isn't a voicemail number like Quickwebs, then you should check out the great folks over at Joe's Datacenter.

    THEY ACTUALLY HAVE A PHONE THAT THEY ANSWER BECAUSE THEY ARE A REAL COMPANY UNLIKE THE SCAMMERS AT QUICKWEB WHO KEPT MY MONEY AND DELETED MY DATA
      0 Not allowed!

  29. #29
    You violated the TOS, they have every right to do this, not to mention your abusive e-mails you sent to them.

    is a website name really private customer data? :/
      0 Not allowed!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,320
    we have just refunded this guy (although we have the right not to due to his insane attitude and to teach him lesson), but anyway never mind let's just move forward... we did get several sign-ups after this post so not all bad and thank you for the free publicity
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive
      0 Not allowed!

  31. #31
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Servinator View Post
    Who is the scammer here again?
    By the looks of it YOU are in a way since you provided inaccurate information which usually results in spamming or other malicious use.

    Also I would look into seeking help with your Anger issue, since it seems like it is always getting you into trouble.
    Last edited by KnownHost-ChrisM; 06-20-2010 at 06:48 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    958
    C'mon, Why would you enter your company's name on the FIrst & Last name field?

    BTW, Quickweb is one of the best hosts I've ever used. They are honest, kind and generous so I wonder wth is with you OP for making such thread even though you know you're in the wrong side?
      0 Not allowed!

  33. #33
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickWeb-Roel View Post
    we have just refunded this guy (although we have the right not to due to his insane attitude and to teach him lesson), but anyway never mind let's just move forward... we did get several sign-ups after this post so not all bad and thank you for the free publicity
    That good to hear, maybe he/she could apply that to an anger management class. Why is it the simplest requests, always cause the most ridiculous post on the forums.
      0 Not allowed!

  34. #34
    QuickWeb NOT a fraud company.
    they did provided professional services and products.
    I Could Trusted them all the times.
      0 Not allowed!

  35. #35
    Never had a problem with Quickweb. This guys are professional, and even very friendly.
      0 Not allowed!

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    45
    you are crazy! man
    it's not quickweb's fault to disable your account.
      0 Not allowed!

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by Servinator View Post
    Great idea. You should make a public apology for disclosing my domains, private information, refusing a refund, etc

    Then we'll see if I can't edit the review to make sure everyone knows you did give me a refund without me having to put a charge-back on your paypal account, take you to court in the US and get a default judgment allowing me to seize your domain name, etc

    edit: I did give you 100% complete accurate account info, I gave you my real mailing address, and my real company name.
    I would have not given the refund just to see him figure out how to "...take you to court in the US and get a default judgement allowing [him] to sieze your domain name, etc" over a couple bucks lost on a VPS
      0 Not allowed!

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    3,299
    I'm normally of a mind that it's much easier to just refund idiots like this, but in this case I would have made an exception.

    TO OP: The fields stated FIRST and LAST NAME. It is not QW's fault that you can not understand this concept. YES if you put in your company name and something about where you want to vacation you ARE using incorrect information (just a hint here but that is why they have the fields labeled, to tell you what info goes where).

    You obviously know nothing about US law (or any law outside of La La Land) but IF you want to feel free to IM me and I will get you in touch with a very good lawyer that will be happy to educate you on this matter for their typical hourly fee. Based on your posts she's going to want payment up front.)

    The one good thing about your post is that you've warned away any host that reads this thread to NOT accept you as a customer.
      0 Not allowed!

  39. #39
    Tragedy of the landlord,Landlord should not be vexatious,now everybody ,both hosting master and sales would be more carefully and not to deal with you .
      0 Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. QuickWeb 1 month review
    By netfreak in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 10:47 PM
  2. QuickWeb - Absolute value - (2 Weeks Review)
    By remolg in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 07:28 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 07:00 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 09:44 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 01:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •