Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37
  1. #1

    Need Help & Suggestions

    i just started web hosting business, this is my company website https://www.slumhost.com

    this is client portal https://myportal.slumhost.com

    i need some really good advice & suggestions to improve my website & business as well.

    Thanks

    Bilal Ahmed

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    508
    Who is your target market? In the US the word slum is probably not a wise choice for the name of your company. If I saw that on Google I'd just skip right over and go to the next host.

    Overall your page is pretty good, but there are a few mistakes (assuming American English):

    Band Width = Bandwidth
    Upto = up to
    Cpanel = cPanel
    Whm = WHM

    It is very image-heavy, I'd like to see most of it converted to text (will also help with SEO).

  3. #3
    thanks alot It's very difficult to change the name now. Main target market is day to day customer in US,Canada & U.K

    Other host like Hostgator and many are using same spellings. May be it's web hosting language.

    About the images you are right, website is really loaded with images.
    i will try to reduce the number of images.

    Thanks alot for your comments & suggestions, this will really help me to improve.

    also take a look at client portal:

    this is client portal https://myportal.slumhost.com

    demo details:

    user name: demo@slumhost.com

    password: 123456


    Thanks Again

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,877
    As MikeJohnson said, you may wish to change the name of your business - "slum" doesn't exactly imply quality or reliability
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    508
    The portal looks pretty good to me. I personally don't really care for the dashed border around the main container, but other then that I like the integration

    I have to be brutally honest, I think naming your company SlumHost is going to hurt you in the American market.

  6. #6
    Hmmm thanks alot for your comments. lets see what kind of response i get. if i try to change name then i have to do alot of work, because i,m authorized partner with ThePlanet & i thin i have to do the whole process again.

    but i will try. thanks alot again

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,472
    badhost.com

    Like slumhost.com, it will NEVER fly in the US.

    I do like your website though.
    CapeWP.com
    CapeWP.com - WordPress for all of us

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape Dave View Post
    badhost.com

    Like slumhost.com, it will NEVER fly in the US.

    I do like your website though.
    thanks for your comments, lets see what kind of response i get from people. i know it's a unusual name. But lets try something different.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, TX.
    Posts
    228
    Overall I think the site looks great, as well as the WHMCS integration.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by HostGladiator View Post
    Overall I think the site looks great, as well as the WHMCS integration.
    Thanks alot Worked really hard on both.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJohnson View Post
    It is very image-heavy, I'd like to see most of it converted to text (will also help with SEO).
    I totally agree with Mike that the site is loaded with images. Its better to convert them into contents for SEO.
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    KeserHosting.Com

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by keserhosting View Post
    I totally agree with Mike that the site is loaded with images. Its better to convert them into contents for SEO.
    Working On it, thanks For Comment.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    743
    Overall I like the design of the site. I agree with everyone else on the opinion of the name of the company though. Slum just doesn't sound to apealing of a name for a hosting company. I will give it to you though its very unique but not in a way that would attract business. Good luck with your company though. The hosting market is very competitive, and can be very stressful at times.

    Good luck with everything, I hope your business prospers in the future.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ipotweb View Post
    Overall I like the design of the site. I agree with everyone else on the opinion of the name of the company though. Slum just doesn't sound to apealing of a name for a hosting company. I will give it to you though its very unique but not in a way that would attract business. Good luck with your company though. The hosting market is very competitive, and can be very stressful at times.

    Good luck with everything, I hope your business prospers in the future.
    thank you very much for your kind opinion. Seriously i could not find any other name. But lets see what happens. Right now i'm getting very good response. i just started this company and i have two clients with Annual term plan

  15. #15
    Did the clients find you because of your name or in spite of your name? If the name intrigued them, then it works. If they signed up with you not caring about the name, then I think it might be holding you back. In any event, best of luck in the future. I am trying to build a business too.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Shimonoseki
    Posts
    2,100
    Sorry but I beg to differ about your web design.
    I felt like I was in a place mixture of circus/theme park/casino. Too much colors, illustrations, popping images, banners, ribbons...

    The general tactic is, you have to make your visitors focus on certain areas. As a good example, look at WiredTree's website: http://www.wiredtree.com/
    See how simple it is? But it makes you focus to certain places so you can immediately see what they offer(managed servers and managed VPS), also 100% uptime as an important point.
    (Disclaimer: Not trying to pimp WiredTree in anyway, I am an avid fan of their web design. Just using it as a good example).

    You need a logo.

    The "slum" in your company name isn't helping much
    It is like, when your customer opens a ticket and asking why they cannot access their website, you will answer "oops! my homeless friend just peed on your server, gonna clean it now. will be ready within couple of hours"

    Sorry for the bitter review, but trying to help really...
    Closed for winter...

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by HostingOverEasy View Post
    Did the clients find you because of your name or in spite of your name? If the name intrigued them, then it works. If they signed up with you not caring about the name, then I think it might be holding you back. In any event, best of luck in the future. I am trying to build a business too.
    Seriously two clients said me during live chat that "Someone recommend your website & said that plans are good but website name is very strange"

    I think client who signed up liked the features and the rates. They did like the support but it's too early to say anything.

    One thing i learned is that never to offer 30 day trial for FREE. I was getting 5 to 10 signups daily using 30 day trial and 90% of them were fraud.

    So instead of removing 30 day trial offer i just charge them few cents. people can signup for 30 day trial using 99% discount for first 30 days coupon.

    i hope it works. If anyone have better idea kindly share, might it help all of us.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by BurakUeda View Post
    Sorry but I beg to differ about your web design.
    I felt like I was in a place mixture of circus/theme park/casino. Too much colors, illustrations, popping images, banners, ribbons...

    The general tactic is, you have to make your visitors focus on certain areas. As a good example, look at WiredTree's website: http://www.wiredtree.com/
    See how simple it is? But it makes you focus to certain places so you can immediately see what they offer(managed servers and managed VPS), also 100% uptime as an important point.
    (Disclaimer: Not trying to pimp WiredTree in anyway, I am an avid fan of their web design. Just using it as a good example).

    You need a logo.

    The "slum" in your company name isn't helping much
    It is like, when your customer opens a ticket and asking why they cannot access their website, you will answer "oops! my homeless friend just peed on your server, gonna clean it now. will be ready within couple of hours"

    Sorry for the bitter review, but trying to help really...
    hmmmmm..... the website you posted don't give much detail about the product. example on http://www.wiredtree.com/managedvps/ you can't find enough information. So i just tried to describe as much as i can. The person who want to buy the product should know everything before ordering it. I don't want people to search the whole website then to ask Live Support for help. Not a single client who signed up asked me anything about the product.
    But it also depends on individual person.

    Yes i'm working on Logo, I will be ready in few days. Logo is one thing which is still missing according to me.

    Now for the name i don't think it doesn't matter that much. Name is not every thing, there are many other names which are strange but very popular. It's service that makes you popular. Nobody will pay me for a good name but if they liked the service they will this name as well.

    That ticket part you said is really funny

    Well thanks for the comment. It will help me to improve something.

  19. #19
    you need to start again with a better name,

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_85 View Post
    you need to start again with a better name,
    Start Again! Well bro it's not like restarting a computer. It would cost me lot of money and time if i tried this stupid thing of changing name.

    I'm not ready to give up at any cost. I selected this name & will continue with this name.

    I'm getting very good response then there is no reason left i should change name.

    One day no one will care about the name, people only wants good services.

  21. #21
    You have some very unrealistic claims on your website. Also your prices are far too low to me taken seriously.

    100% uptime? big turnoff

    $2.99 hosting with unlimited everything? big turnoff

    Just my opinion....

    your site design is nice, a little busy, but very nice.

  22. #22
    Yes 100% is true. We Guarantee that if for any reason our client face downtime we will refund 25% of monthly calculated bill, read our T.O.S at https://www.slumhost.com/terms/
    Every Guarantee we give is simple and straight forward.

    I think that 100% guarantee also depends on your data center. If data center is giving me 100% uptime guarantee then why should i give 99% guarantee to my clients.

    Unlike other host there is not conditions of first 60 min or 120 min etc etc.
    $2.99 is true as well., look we have plan to only host 100 accounts on one server. So average server cost is around $230 to $250 so 3x100 = $300

    If i give 10GB in $2.99 then i'm 100% sure that more than 99% clients won't use 10GB space. So isn't it better to make it simple by giving unlimited to every one. Clients do like word UNLIMITED.

    We are just trying to provide best quality and services as much as we can.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal Ahmed View Post
    We are just trying to provide best quality and services as much as we can.
    I wish you the very best of luck

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJohnson View Post
    I wish you the very best of luck
    You are most welcome, All these negative & positive comments are really helping me to improve.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal Ahmed View Post
    thanks for your comments, lets see what kind of response i get from people. i know it's a unusual name. But lets try something different.
    There's a good different and sometimes a bad different. In this case , at least here in the states, the word slum refers to run down, shabby, heavily populated...not the prettiest or happiest word in the dictionary

    But if you're good at building a niche community, good luck!
    10 Gigs Hosting | We heart our customers
    Robust Litespeed Hosting without the Overhead ★
    W: www.10gi.gs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SEO & TYPO3, anyone suggestions?
    By srenkema in forum SEO / SEM Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 03:57 AM
  2. Suggestions & Experiences
    By mcallahan313 in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 08:25 PM
  3. Suggestions for a better service than 1&1
    By Jamer in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 04:11 AM
  4. Need suggestions & opinions
    By Vans in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •