hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : anyone hear of domains-n-more?

Forum Jump

anyone hear of domains-n-more?

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 12:46 AM

Angry

anyone hear of domains-n-more?

First off please be patient with me. While I am writing this I am trying to keep my cool...

My domain expired without any notice from domins-n-more. From what I understand from talking with a friend who is a reseller, the notices more than likely went to the guy who set everything up but he has since retired. I would imagine important emails like renewals would go to the domain owner. Heaven forbid they try to renew a domain and make some money. Maybe even try to sell more domains.

Anyway, The day I realized there was a problem I send a request to update the email address which was handled promptly but I still can't reset my password to log in and renew. I tried calling domains-n-more but their number was to someones cell phone and they didn't know who domains-n-more was. So I tried email again and called around to try and get more info on domains-n-more. Come to find out they are a reseller for Tucows and Tucows wil not take any responsibility for the conduct of their resellers and told to contact domains-n-more using the contact info on the Tucows website, which by now is disconnected.

Three weeks have gone by and even though I am sending emails and faxes to domains-n-more there still has been no response.

Does anyone know who there are or have any current contact info for domains-n-more? When I do a whois search for domains-n-more I get the same ole disconnected phone number and email address that they don't respond to.

I owned the domain and feel that they should have sent emails to everyone on the contact list when it comes to renewing domains.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2010, 01:37 AM
Temporarily Suspended

Try to contact the registrar of your domain.
From whois information of your domain, you could find the registrar name.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:42 AM

The registrar is Tucows and they do not support domain issues and keep referring me to domains-n-more. At this point I am of this opinion that domains-n-more is no longer in business and will tell Tucows that when I call them tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2010, 05:09 AM
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Elkins View Post
The registrar is Tucows and they do not support domain issues and keep referring me to domains-n-more. At this point I am of this opinion that domains-n-more is no longer in business and will tell Tucows that when I call them tomorrow.
Right time to contact ICANN then

Old 06-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Multimedia Messenger #McLuhan

Tucows as the registrar WILL do their part. However, you need to DOCUMENT in details that you have exhausted every mean to contact this specific reseller.

You could guess they (like any other "wholesale" registrar) would first try to contact their own reseller, and it takes more than a day or two to confirm a certain reseller is breaching compliance.

You should be able to contact Tucows Compliance Department via either http://tucowsdomains.com/domains/dom...erunavailable/ or compliance@tucows.com.

Hope this helps.

Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism in his #multimedia portfolio. His early works include an experimental adaptation of Chekhov’s Cherry Orchard inspired at least partly by Robert Fripp. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:59 AM

Hi Darryl,

Sorry to hear that you've been having trouble contacting your reseller.

I work for Tucows and I hope you can appreciate that we operate as a wholesale domain registrar on the back-end. Customer relationships are managed by our resellers.

There is a grace period for expired domains, so as long as you haven't waited too long you can get renew your domain name. Nameslave has the correct approach: Visit http://tucowsdomains.com/domains/dom...erunavailable/ and complete the form to get the process started.

If you have any trouble with the form, you can email me directly at blucier-at-opensrs-dot-com.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:45 PM

Thank you

Thanks for the link to try and resolve this. Its been about 3 weeks. The weird part is they responded to my email update promptly, then I got the auto-responder for about a week and now nothing. Hopefully Tucows will be able to help after using the link provided.

I will keep you guys posted.

Darryl

Old 06-17-2010, 10:48 PM

I just received an auto-response from Tucows that asks for 2 days. I guess I will wait till Tuesday so they have 2 business days. But my site being down is killing me. My clients are very upset about the disruption of service cuz they cannot contact me in an expedited fashion.

Will See.

Darryl

Old 06-18-2010, 12:08 AM
Web Hosting Master

I think if you can't contact the main registrar you are robbed...Better leave that domain to get expired and register it from some other registrar or leave the whole story behind..

Old 06-18-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Elkins View Post
I just received an auto-response from Tucows that asks for 2 days. I guess I will wait till Tuesday so they have 2 business days. But my site being down is killing me. My clients are very upset about the disruption of service cuz they cannot contact me in an expedited fashion.
Darryl,

Given the circumstances, just email me your domain name and I'll have it looked at right away. My email is blucier-at-opensrs-dot-com.

-Ben