hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Software and Control Panels : Import cPanel into Virtualmin

Forum Jump

Import cPanel into Virtualmin

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Software and Control Panels Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Junior Guru

Import cPanel into Virtualmin

Virtualmin has a feature to import sites from a cPanel backup file... cool! After an import of a new site is it possible to reimport (in case something has changed before the new site goes live)?

Any problems/issues to look out for? For example, should I delete the site and user/groups before re-import or will it overwrite/etc? I thought asking for wisdom might be better than trial and error!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Web Hosting Master

i would first investigate what cause the problem, if it's only missing php/html file then i'll just copy it from the old cpanel server, so does with the database, just dump from cpanel server and restore it to the virtualmin.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Junior Guru

There is currently no problem, but I'll be doing a lot of imports soon and it's possible something I'll need to re-import something. *If* I needed to re-import, would there be any problems that could arise? It's nice to know how Virtualmin works and oddities of how it works outside of daily operations.

Has anybody else gone through this?

Sponsored Links