Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516
    Well I wrote to the courts, as I didn't think phoning them about a court case would be appropriate, apparently that's not good enough for Paul.

Adam,

You have had 5 days to consider my offer, what is your response?
    My reply

When I hear back from Worthing crown court, I’ll respond, not before.
    His reply

If you phone them up, 01903 221 920, you will hear back almost instantly.
    and

Adam,

Did you bother to phone them up today?

It is funny how you insist it is me that is prolonging this, when by my reckoning, it was you that declined to allow me 28 days to retrieve the files, which would have allowed me to finish sometime in August. This would have been 3 months before you had someone else finish the mod for you.

Also, I gave you a revised offer on the 24th December, 6 days ago now, and a simple phone call to Worthing County Court would have confirmed what I have said to you by now.

If I had not made any offers, then I could see your argument that it was me that was prolonging the case, but as there have been two offers on the table, from my side and none from your side, I am at a lose to see where I am causing this to last for 6 months now.

If I do not hear from you with an answer, or a suitable counter offer, by 1st January 2011 then I will consult a lawyer about your defamation of my name.
      0 Not allowed!

he is trying to make the victim role now .. what a shame
      0 Not allowed!

I once dealt with a supplier like that. Remember to ignore all the 'confusion' about some automated backup company that ships data away for and takes 28 days. It's nonesense. Ignore all the personal story about how busy he was, and everything else he is attempting to obfuscate the story with. Just return to the facts - you hired him to do a job, he couldn't do it, he won't refund the money, end of.
      0 Not allowed!

Yea...he's trying to make you feel sorry for him. and intimidate you when that doesn't work.

Don't fall into that trap.
      0 Not allowed!

Indeed
    I sent him a counter offer.

I do have a counter offer I’d like to make.

You:
    1) You tell me the backup/archive company name/website address to confirm your story and prove you are telling the truth
    2) You donate the agreed amount to a charity of my choice

1) I’ll reply to the thread on WHT telling them the matter has been resolved
    2) I’ll reply to the WHT admins that the matter has been resolved.

Consider it
    I’ll be calling the court first thing tomorrow, to confirm your claim.
      0 Not allowed!

Adam - if he can prove that some automated system on his PC automatically ships files that haven't been used for 'x' days to some 3rd party company, who require 28 days to return such files to him, I will personally donate £250.00 to any charity of your choice and upload proof of donation .. I've never heard such BS!
      0 Not allowed!

Both parties are actively involved in resolving this issue, but only one has the ability to discuss it publicly, and this simply isn't fair.

This thread is closed until we get things resolved (or we reach a complete impasse, but I am hopeful and confident this will not happen). This has become a private matter for the time being, and I ask that everyone respect this and allow Adam and Paul to seek resolution privately. Thank you.

</thread>
      0 Not allowed!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516