Home page designs

The index is a website's most important page, as everyone knows. In web hosting, it's a delicate art since there's usually a lot of information to convey about the product (pricing plans, hardware specs, special offers, etc).

What I want to discuss is what you find to be the most effective 'style' of homepage for a hosting site. I think there's two ways to approach it:

a. Put everything relevant on the page, all at once, in an organized and easy-to-read manner. Everything flows together (this is usually a long page), and less questions are left unanswered (with effective writing). Disadvantage: scripts and images on the page add up for longer load times

b. The 'lead-in' homepage, and separate product pages. This seems to be much more popular as the classic 'introduction,' but my concern with it is that there will be viewers who are left with an incomplete impression after reading the page, and simply bounce of the site (tough market).

What's worked for you?
    Last edited by xvps; 06-12-2010 at 01:51 AM.
    XVPS | www.xvps.us
    Premium OpenVZ VPS Hosting
    Frankfurt, Paris, Atlanta

Still testing out what works for us, our site is currently being redesigned.

Although, you have 4 seconds to capture the attention of a new visitor before they either stay, or leave your site. Something needs to be help them sub-consciously decide to click and look around.
    [ IncogNET LLC ] Privacy By Design [Liberty Lake, WA][Kansas City, MO][Allentown, PA][Naaldwijk, NL]
    [ Web Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names | VPN | Censorship Resistance ]
    Services provided in the United States and Netherlands with privacy and freedom of speech being our top priority.

Just maintain a friendly and safe atmosphere. Make sure that the contact form is working properly and there is someone answering.

Allan S. Hugo
    Imago Web Development

I ran bounce tests on both full and lead-in index page types around a year ago for 3 months each. Whilst the more complete 'full' style for the index had a longer average user stay time (on that page), it had a much higher single page bounce rate.

The 'lead-in' style page had a lower average user stay time, but it didn't have a bounce rate and showed that once a user hit the 'lead-in' page .. they were intreagued to look at the rest of the sites pages.
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

I like a very simple but communicative 'home' page... enough to get the reader interested in checking out the rest of the site, but not so much that it inundates or intimidates them.

~ Justin

re: Home page designs

Hello,

Now it is easy to design your website for home page and get most attractive website.

Thanks,
    Morris Robin