hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Related Offers & Requests : Web Hosting Hardware : [UK] Intel Core2Quad, 8GB RAM Server - NEW & In DC - For Sale

Forum Jump

[UK] Intel Core2Quad, 8GB RAM Server - NEW & In DC - For Sale

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Hardware Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

[UK] Intel Core2Quad, 8GB RAM Server - NEW & In DC - For Sale

Hi All,

We've got a server located in Centro in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire (just north of London).

The server has only been in the DC since March 31st, however we've found we wont be needing a server for quite a while now due to unforseen circumstances. Hence I've decided to sell it off.

The buyer can either keep it at Centro for £57.58/mo (inc VAT) or alternatively you can collect it from the DC (or arrange a courier to collect it for you).

The server is fully working, and currently has a fresh copy of CentOS 5 (64-bit).

The server's specs are as follows:
  • Standard 1u (unbranded) chassis
  • 300 watt power supply
  • Intel Core2Quad Q6700 CPU
  • 8GB DDR2 RAM (4x 2GB)
  • 2x 250GB 2.5" SATA HDD's
  • Intel BOXDG35EC motherboard

I *think* I have a receipt from Scan.co.uk for most of the parts which I will be happy to post to the new owner, however I also have access to an online receipt on the scan website, so will be happy to pass on my login details over there should there ever be a problem.

A few notable points about the server: It has excellent airflow due to the use of 2 laptop-sized hard drives, on a special mounting plate. They take up a small amount of space to the left of the server, leaving 2x large spaces (where standard hard drives would go) at the front. There are several high powered fans drawing air through the empty space and over the RAM. During tests the hard drives average temperature was 22.5c and maxed out at 34c. Speed was actually better with the 2.5" drives than with the standard drives.

The total server cost to myself was approx £750, however I will happily take £550 via PayPal or a UK bank transfer as I'm looking to shift this asap as I'm currently paying for it, but not using it.

Please feel free to either PM or email me (rick.sketchy at gmail.com).

Thanks.

Preview registration now open!

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

PM sent

Full UK support, 7 days a week 365 days a year!