I need PHP code for search by HTML HEX codes.

As the title says, I need a PHP function or class that will search a database for exact matches and n number of close matches.

The script should accept an HTML hex color code that will be selected by the user from a JQuery color picker. Don't worry about the javascript. I will handle that.

What I have in my database is a table with two columns. I've already extracted color data from images. The color table contains two columns. Column 1 is an image id. Column 2 is a HTML hex color code.

Your script should search the database for exact matches first then become lazier and include close colors. I will decide later how many close colors I want to include in the results. I assume this will be accomplish with a LIMIT clause in your query.

If necessary I can convert the hex color codes into other values that are easier for your script to search.

Please leave your AIM, MSN, or Yahoo contact info if it's not in your profile. Also leave the amount you will charge for this script.

I no longer need help with this. I spoke with Jarrod at e-sensibility.com over AIM and he helped me to brainstorm a fast, simple solution.