hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : Blog - or a forum? Which would you recommend?

Forum Jump

Blog - or a forum? Which would you recommend?

View Poll Results: Which is better: a blog or a forum?
A blog is better. 2 22.22%
A forum is better. 3 33.33%
It depends... 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

Blog - or a forum? Which would you recommend?

I'm thinking of starting either a new blog or a new forum on a finance-related subject. The question is which way to go: blog or forum?

Which is better for traffic and, ultimately, revenue generation? My guess is that a forum is, but that depends on people joining and contributing posts.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarim View Post
I'm thinking of starting either a new blog or a new forum on a finance-related subject. The question is which way to go: blog or forum?

Which is better for traffic and, ultimately, revenue generation? My guess is that a forum is, but that depends on people joining and contributing posts.
It depends. I prefer reading forums instead of an individual blog.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Why not both? Focus the main part of the site as a forum but have a optional blog people can read through when you get the chance.

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru

I think you can monetize a blog more than you can make money out of a forum. What you can do is to is to rent out ad spaces, make money out of Adsense, provided you have informative content. As for a forum, you might need a lot of members before deciding to make money off it.

Old
Older than the Internet

If you asked me that question a few years back I would have said a forum, but now I'm leaning to a blog.

Old
Web Hosting Master

If you think that there would be too many who will come accross your forum to dedicatedly discuss finance issues then you should surely drop your idea of blog and start working on forums.

Old
Big fan of RajiniKanth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post
If you asked me that question a few years back I would have said a forum, but now I'm leaning to a blog.
I think blog will suit better if you are able to update relevant content daily or have a weekly updates.

The forum would suit when you have less knowledge on the subject and expect members around the world to get into an discussion.

Old
Junior Guru

ill prefer blog, because you can get more interesting facts about certain topics and whats best about having a blog is that you can get money!

Old
Older than the Internet

Also remember that a blog is essentially one person posting articles and others commenting on them, whereas a forum is everyone posting content and commenting on that. They're different beasts, but I do like blogs.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiqueNJ View Post
ill prefer blog, because you can get more interesting facts about certain topics and whats best about having a blog is that you can get money!
Certainly! Finance issues are mainly discussed over answer boards like Yahoo answer etc. People find it better to discuss finance issues with discussing other issues...So i think you can get more earning and exposure from blog...

Forums are also not that easy to maintain and spammers are always in vain to attack a forum to get backlinks..