WiredTree, opinions?

After noticing the deals that WiredTree have put up I was searching these boards for reviews straight away.
    After looking few various threads all comments seem to be positive which is good but I would like opinions on there VPS service.

Have you owned or currently own a VPS with them?
    How would you describe your time with them?
    How long roughly did it take for the server to be set up?
    Would you advise someone in need of a good stable VPS to purchase from WiredTree?

Cheers
    Matt

They seem to have a great reputation on these forums, I'm sure that you will be happy with them.
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    They seem to have a great reputation on these forums, I'm sure that you will be happy with them.
    Have you had personal experience with them, or is that based on others opinions?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

We are using them for our company website so it is independent of our network, all i can say is we are very happy with the service and uptime.

The setup time is not instant as they need to validate all orders by ringing you and billing dept don't operate 24x7.

I highly recommend them.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz

We've used them a while back and throughout those several months with them we had no real complaints. Any issues that arises were quickly taken care of by their staff. The response times are pretty amazing, even at 4 in the morning.

From personal experience, I say, they are by far the best vps web hosting provider I have dealt with. Although they are expensive compared to others, you definitely get top-notch support and great uptime. If you run a business, these guys are trustworthy.

Like Roel stated, it does take about 1 business day to get your vps activated. As they will call you for fraud verification.

On another note, If you would like a domain that I use with wiredtree please feel free to PM me.

Well, I have mixed reviews. + & -.

Let's Start with the +

*Setup time is great. around 3 hours to deliver. The fastest I've seen for a managed provider.
    *Support staff may take up to 30 Minutes to reply on your "Emergency" Marked ticket. It's still okay.
    *Server is pretty secured upon delivery.
    *Grove is kinda' cool

and with the (-)

*their network is BAD when you're from asia. (tested from 2 ISPs. still gets the same results)

Using Globelines Broadband ISP#1

Code:

PING seoul.fm (96.30.46.94): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=0 ttl=43 time=572.979 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=1 ttl=43 time=596.845 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=2 ttl=43 time=620.239 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=3 ttl=43 time=643.726 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=4 ttl=43 time=667.092 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=5 ttl=43 time=569.598 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=6 ttl=43 time=441.251 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=7 ttl=43 time=635.997 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=8 ttl=43 time=460.631 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=9 ttl=43 time=581.622 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=10 ttl=43 time=605.118 ms
    ^C
    --- seoul.fm ping statistics ---
    12 packets transmitted, 11 packets received, 8.3% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 441.251/581.373/667.092/68.061 ms
    Using PLDT ISP#2
    Code:
    PING seoul.fm (96.30.46.94): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=0 ttl=43 time=496.532 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=1 ttl=43 time=518.900 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=2 ttl=43 time=542.877 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=3 ttl=43 time=464.350 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=4 ttl=43 time=487.994 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=5 ttl=43 time=615.076 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=6 ttl=43 time=536.699 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=7 ttl=43 time=559.746 ms
    64 bytes from 96.30.46.94: icmp_seq=8 ttl=43 time=584.772 ms
    ^C
    --- seoul.fm ping statistics ---
    10 packets transmitted, 9 packets received, 10.0% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 464.350/534.105/615.076/45.338 ms
    So the issue maybe with my country? IDK.

*Their highest plan cannot handle 300+ Users online even with Litespeed installed.

*Support is great but in the last ticket I have. It took around several ticket exchanges before they did a step and fix the issue on my server. but according to 13 of my users who are from asia, my site loads like a turtle.
    (They say it was a problem so they fixed it and said it may take up to 24 hrs to propagate. It's okay and I am patiently waiting.)

12 hours has passed and my site is still slow. It's a WP site and I have only installed w3 super cache plugin. It's also using Amazon s3 to serve some of its core files. Well, I'll wait for 12hrs again to see if it improves.

Overall I'll give them 2 stars.

Why? Because even if my site took a load that was too high. (around 200.100.120 something like that) they did not shut me down. Unlike when I was still in FH. and they have a pretty awesome deal. $44 for 2TB, 80GB HD, 1GB Ram VPS saves me a lot of $.

If anyone wants to verify my site is www.seoul.fm

^ They say it was a problem on the DNS

Quote Originally Posted by flyah View Post
    ^ They say it was a problem on the DNS
    It it would normally take up to 24-48 hours for your domain to propagate, regardless of what web hosting provider you are with.

Quote Originally Posted by WHU-Mike View Post
    It it would normally take up to 24-48 hours for your domain to propagate, regardless of what web hosting provider you are with.
    Domain was already pointed to WT server for the past 5 days. But last night they changed some DNS Records so will have to wait again

well Flyah, Chicago location is not really Asia friendly but it's better for European users.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz

I get pings to Asia under 300ms with the Singlehop network which is also in Chicago.
    That said, I am interested in WT... will check them out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickWeb-Roel View Post
    well Flyah, Chicago location is not really Asia friendly but it's better for European users.
    Yeah, I know California is the best but WT's 2TB offer is what I need. KH's offer with 1.5TB bandwidth costs as much as $80/m. I could get a Dedi at pacific rack with much bandwidth for less $. but I prefer a managed solution for my site's main server.

Thanks Guys, the deals they have published recently look fantastic and with such high reviews I think we shall take a leap and purchase one!

Will obviously let you all know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Zasky View Post
    Thanks Guys, the deals they have published recently look fantastic and with such high reviews I think we shall take a leap and purchase one!

Will obviously let you all know how it goes
    You won't go wrong! And that deal is amazing!

It really is isn't it! I can't wait to get setup and started

It is an amazing deal for such a top-flight provider. I jump on a few days ago and I very happy.

It doesn't hurt that I am in the Chicago area and all of my customers are too

*their network is BAD when you're from asia. (tested from 2 ISPs. still gets the same results)

So the issue maybe with my country? IDK.
    Our network is actually very good to Asia from anywhere I have tested it. I encourage you to try some looking glasses and see the results yourself. I am pinging 200ms to your ISP from our network. If you are getting 500ms+ pings then your ISP is having some issues for sure. Are you on satellite or long distance wireless? Please open a ticket with full traceroutes and source IPs and we can help you look into the cause.

*Their highest plan cannot handle 300+ Users online even with Litespeed installed.
    This is completely dependent on the code you having running. I assume you are only speaking about VPS plans, not our Hybrid/Dedicated plans, but I have seen more users on a VPS. Again though, it is going to be completely dependent on how resource intensive your site is and the resource usage of each visitor.

If your site has been slow at many providers, and you have actually been kicked off one for high resource usage, it may not be an issue with the hosting. You may just need a more powerful plan or you may need to optimize the code so it runs faster. If your VPS is causing loads of 200 then this is very likely the case, provided you have already debugged your code to remove any slow queries or any other bottlenecks/inefficiencies.
    Zac Cogswell / CEI
    Formerly known as WiredTree Zac

Quote Originally Posted by WiredTree Zac View Post
    Our network is actually very good to Asia from anywhere I have tested it. I encourage you to try some looking glasses and see the results yourself. I am pinging 200ms to your ISP from our network. If you are getting 500ms+ pings then your ISP is having some issues for sure. Are you on satellite or long distance wireless? Please open a ticket with full traceroutes and source IPs and we can help you look into the cause.

This is completely dependent on the code you having running. I assume you are only speaking about VPS plans, not our Hybrid/Dedicated plans, but I have seen more users on a VPS. Again though, it is going to be completely dependent on how resource intensive your site is and the resource usage of each visitor.

If your site has been slow at many providers, and you have actually been kicked off one for high resource usage, it may not be an issue with the hosting. You may just need a more powerful plan or you may need to optimize the code so it runs faster. If your VPS is causing loads of 200 then this is very likely the case, provided you have already debugged your code to remove any slow queries or any other bottlenecks/inefficiencies.
    Hi Zack,

Thanks for your reply,

My site is just a simple wordpress page. (www.seoul.fm) It uses a high load because I do get a lot of visitors. Also, I am using W3Cache + Amazon S3 CDN to serve its core files plus it only has one (1) plugin installed which is the w3cache. it also uses the Highly optimized Thesis wordpress theme.

I have ordered Litespeed from your company to reduce the load on the server and yeah, it reduced the load from 50 average to 3 or 5.

I am using 2 ISPs and have tested the site even on Internet Cafe's and it loaded slow here in Manila. I have also asked help of from friends who are located in Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and Bruinei and all of them says they get an average of 60-120 seconds to load the website.

Alright, So to test, I purchased a VPS from Knownhost, migrated the site over to that server and if you can try to load my site, It loads in a blink of an eye.

I will be sending a ticket to grove in a short while.

Network latency and time to load a web site don't directly correlate, which is my point. I don't doubt your site loaded slow, but it is most likely a DNS / code / resource issue rather than a network latency issue. I would still be interested in seeing traceroutes from anyone who said it loaded slow to verify.
    Zac Cogswell / CEI
    Formerly known as WiredTree Zac

I just checked out the VPS Hosting Offer everyone is raving about.

That's an amazing deal, congrats to all the new WT clients
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

If anyone wants to verify my site is www.seoul.fm
    1.819 seconds with empty cache, from NL, EU. There's -really- nothing wrong there from my end

//EDIT

clicking 'top hits' did take a while.. 13.602 seconds!

//EDIT 2

yes your site is slow as molasses. Wow, that sucks...

I hear a great reputation, never used them before like.

I would say give them a try.