Post Hekla is erupting too !

http://www.ruv.is/hekla

This is hekla, another volcano. The one which was already smoking was Eyfa. The one which has glacier on top of it, and going to erupt and cause 100x yellowstone effect is Katla.

it was nice knowing and talking to you all peopl. hehehe.

false report - hekla is not erupting yet.

I was looking at a Hekla webcam, and while not erupting it looks like a smoke plume may be coming up, however from my reading this is not uncommon as it is a very active volcano.

The earth needs to relive her stress. It's all fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hellind2 View Post
    The earth needs to relive her stress. It's all fine.
    fine while all the major volcanoes of the world are active and media is not reporting any of it ?

Bigger than Yellowstone? I dont think so. YS is a super volcanoe. They dont get much bigger... that we know of on earth anyway. As for Eyjafjallajökull, [it is 10,000 times less powerful than one in Indonesia's Sunda Islands in 1815]. Its barely worth a mention as far as most volcanoes go. And Hekla is the biggest "ice covered" volcanoe, I believe yellowstone is quite bigger, and much more powerful. Doesnt matter, any of them go full force, we're all in some sort of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude View Post
    Bigger than Yellowstone? I dont think so. YS is a super volcanoe. They dont get much bigger... that we know of on earth anyway. As for Eyjafjallajökull, [it is 10,000 times less powerful than one in Indonesia's Sunda Islands in 1815]. Its barely worth a mention as far as most volcanoes go. And Hekla is the biggest "ice covered" volcanoe, I believe yellowstone is quite bigger, and much more powerful. Doesnt matter, any of them go full force, we're all in some sort of trouble.
    an EFFECT bigger than yellowstone. yellowstone will just erupt, pump out ash and lava.

whereas ekla has tons of ice on its peak, and when it erupts it will create a much more fine grained ash cloud, that will have much more effect on wherever it goes than what yellowstone's ash will do.

the reason eyfa's ash is causing this much trouble is because its ash is fine grained due to whatever with the ice there, they said.

I think we're simply comparing a black hole to a direct gamma ray burt on our planet.... but Yellowstone is the largest most dangerous volcanoe on the planet...

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/s1350403.htm

It would make the Krakatoa explosion in 535AD look like a firecracker, as well as anything Hekla could do. In the end, it's only a choice between dying slowly and dying fast. My theory is that more people would from roof cave ins. It only takes 15cm of ash to cave the average roof. Others would sit outside in the dust not realizing the dangers of inhaling it. Many others, if it's hot, would dye of dehydration and heat stroke because the ash would render the outside condensors of their air conditioners useless by clogging them up.

To be honest, I wouldnt want to see any of them go full blown. No matter which one it is, we all suffer eventually. For those that are the closest, there's no help. All the rest of the world will be able to do is watch that ever growing impenetrable cloud of dust and shed tears for all the life that is being extinguished within it.

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude View Post
    It only takes 15cm of ash to cave the average roof.
    the suburban houses in united states you mean.

its your fault, for living in wooden or lightly built houses in 21st century. (also causing huge destruction to forests in the meantime).

15 cm ash wouldnt do zit to houses here in turkey. and i suspect europe too.

To be honest, I wouldnt want to see any of them go full blown. No matter which one it is, we all suffer eventually. For those that are the closest, there's no help. All the rest of the world will be able to do is watch that ever growing impenetrable cloud of dust and shed tears for all the life that is being extinguished within it.
    i dont think it will be ok with sitting and hoping. all the planet is shaking, all noticeable volcanoes are active, quakes everywhere. whatever it is, something is up. it would be wise to take precautions.