Domain/Hosting Bussines start up help

hi there. you guys rock. ive been around for a long time reading from masters and other users. The reason i jumped here is that i am planing to start a domain/hosing bussines. The time has come to deal with sofware now because we have a two fiber channels, our data center etc. I am planing to purchase a domain reseller account at Resellerclub. For now i have installed Ispconfig for testing issue but i think i will jump in Cpanel. and the WHMCS as billing system.

the thing is that i need a newbie help with connecting purchased domains from resellerclub with cpanel. For example when a user orders from whmcs, how to open him an domain and a hosting at the same time. i kno it's a bit of a newbie question but i need help. and some help with nameservers and these stuff..thanx in advance

As I know, on WHMCS you can setup the "Domain Registrars" and choose ResellerClub module.
    There you may setup everything for your ResellerClub account. Also you will need to setup the Cron job for that, to sync your WHMCS system with the domain status/expiry dates, etc.
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

but, what about hosting.. i am thinking of getting cpanel?

Sure, WHMCS works just great with cPanel.
    You can set it up under "Products/Services" (in Setup section).
    Just Create a New Group and New Product, and name your package/plan name and select the module to cPanel, and setup the rest.
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

thanx man. this is very helpful. but, i have another question. does the whmcs connects automaticly the purchased domain with the hosting?

You will need to create some hosting packages in WHM and link to them in WHMCS, then tick the option for clients to select a domain before they sign up, then you can register the domain automatically (or just add it if its an existing domain) and the cpanel account will automatically be set up with the correct domain info.

I would suggest you do a lot of reading up on how cpanel/WHM works and how whmcs works to make sure you know what your doing.

I agree with PingVPS.
    Just add that "purchased domain" as 'an existing domain' when sign up/create new cPanel hosting account under any hosting plans you have.

And make sure to change all domains nameservers to your NS1 and NS2 of your main nameservers.

That's true, I'll also suggest you to read about cPanel/WHM and how they work exactly. So you know what you're doing with them

thanx guys. I really have a clear idea now..

The key is getting whmcs to talk to cpanel. You need to add your cpanel server in whmcs. Then setup your cpanel remote access key and add it into your whmcs configuration. This will ensure whmcs can connect to cpanel to automatically setup new hosting accounts. Once you have the two systems talking it's completely automated. However, I would suggest screening every order. If hackers/spammers find an automated order form they'll definitely take advantage of it.
    Server Sitters - http://serversitters.com
    Outsourced Hosting Support - US & Canada
    toll free: 888-522-3177 direct: 540-737-3555

Running a Web Hosting Business

Hi all,

I'm the new kid on the block. This is my first post.

I would suggest you do a lot of reading up on how cpanel/WHM works and how whmcs works to make sure you know what your doing.
    So in regard to the above statement, is there any required reading on cpanel and WHM. Yes, I appreciate that I could search the forum and Google, but are there links that some of you experts can recommend to a newbie please?

It is easy to search and just as easy to find misleading or confusing information, so I prefer recommendations!

I am grateful in advance for your time.

Thanks and Regards,
    Jeff.

The best reading is their own Documentation. Nobody can tell it better than the people who made it. cPanel has excellent documentation for both of their products on their website.

http://docs.cpanel.net
    Last edited by PsyberMind; 04-15-2010 at 10:08 PM.

I would suggest befriending another host or hire a support provider to walk you through it. It's not that difficult to setup, however there's a lot of documentation. There are a lot of hosts here that wold probably jump at the chance to show you their whmcs/cpanel-fu.
    Server Sitters - http://serversitters.com
    Outsourced Hosting Support - US & Canada
    toll free: 888-522-3177 direct: 540-737-3555

Thanks for the replies.

In particular thanks to Michael for the link.

On a different note, this is a heck of a forum to navigate. I am an active member of a few business forums - not to many though, or you get nothing else done - this one though looks the same or similar to what I am familiar with (a similar or the same script probably), but it must have been especially designed to test the 'non server/hosting owner' such as myself, to the limit

Hopefully, I'm up to the "learning and navigation" challenge!

Regards,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Henshaw View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

In particular thanks to Michael for the link.

On a different note, this is a heck of a forum to navigate. I am an active member of a few business forums - not to many though, or you get nothing else done - this one though looks the same or similar to what I am familiar with (a similar or the same script probably), but it must have been especially designed to test the 'non server/hosting owner' such as myself, to the limit

Hopefully, I'm up to the "learning and navigation" challenge!

Regards,
    Jeff.
    I wish you the best on your hosting experience! If you ever need any help, feel free to PM me on the forums, I would be happy to assist you with any questions. I was in your shoes once!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Henshaw View Post
    Hi all,

I'm the new kid on the block. This is my first post.

So in regard to the above statement, is there any required reading on cpanel and WHM. Yes, I appreciate that I could search the forum and Google, but are there links that some of you experts can recommend to a newbie please?

It is easy to search and just as easy to find misleading or confusing information, so I prefer recommendations!

I am grateful in advance for your time.

Thanks and Regards,
    Jeff.
    Take a look at the WHM and cPanel books put out by Packt publishing. The reference section is excellent.

Thanks for the further suggestions. It seems that I have a lot of reading and learning to do.

I wish you the best on your hosting experience! If you ever need any help, feel free to PM me on the forums, I would be happy to assist you with any questions. I was in your shoes once!
    Thank you for the offer. It is very much appreciated.

Regards,
    Jeff.

hi, i have one last question..does whmcs creates cpanel users automatically after purchasing order from whmcs?

Quote Originally Posted by futki View Post
    hi, i have one last question..does whmcs creates cpanel users automatically after purchasing order from whmcs?

It can be set to, yes.

It can be set to do a number of things, including provisioning VPSs with SolusVM, HyperVM.. you name it!

Also, you choose whether or not you want services to be activated upon payment (generally a bad idea), or when approved (best way of going about it IMO - to avoid fraud).

Quote Originally Posted by futki View Post
    It can be setup to do so, yes.

thank you folks. Appreciate your help