hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Host a domain on godaddy registered from another godaddy account

Forum Jump

Host a domain on godaddy registered from another godaddy account

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 05:20 AM

Host a domain on godaddy registered from another godaddy account

Hi, I have a godaddy hosting account. I want to host a domain on my host space on godaddy. The domain was registered by my client from his own account. I dont know what to do. the name servers are also godaddy only.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2010, 07:23 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inn123 View Post
Hi, I have a godaddy hosting account. I want to host a domain on my host space on godaddy. The domain was registered by my client from his own account. I dont know what to do. the name servers are also godaddy only.
Hello,

All you will need to do is check the welcome email you got for your Godaddy hosting account. You should see a section called "name servers" containing the name servers you need to point your domain name to. Next login to your clients Godaddy account and select the domain name you wish to use. You should see a section where you can change the domains name servers. Click this and copy and paste the name servers listed in your welcome email.

Jack

Old 04-14-2010, 08:13 AM

Thanks Jack. One more thing:

I have the shared hosting account where I host my website as well. So I must also add client's domain in hosting control panel on Godaddy.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Thanks Jack. One more thing:

I have the shared hosting account where I host my website as well. So I must also add client's domain in hosting control panel on Godaddy.
Check the plan and find whether they allow you to host add on domains. If they do, it is an easy thing.

Matt A.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:05 PM

Thanks for all responses... I got it working. Luckily got a quick response from godaddy support for my request. They said I must edit the "A record" of client's domain to point to ip address of my host server. That worked....I have multiple domain plan.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Thanks for all responses... I got it working. Luckily got a quick response from godaddy support for my request. They said I must edit the "A record" of client's domain to point to ip address of my host server. That worked....I have multiple domain plan.
No problem. It is glad to hear that every thing has been sorted out for you.

Matt A.