I'm an enthusiastic and experienced UNIX systems administrator with a very strong background in Apache, MySQL, PHP optimization and general UNIX systems administration.
Monthly Server Management
Encompasses everything stated below plus a lot more.
Optimization of Apache, PHP & MySQL specifically tailored for your server & website. Custom compiles of Apache, MySQL and PHP are available if specifically requested.
General server hardening including correction of filesystem permissions, installation and configuration of intrusion detection software, scanning for possible pre-existing rootkits, trojans & other nasties, customization of a firewall policy specifically for your system and an upgrade of all pre-installed software to the latest stable release provided for your distribution.
Linux Kernels, if not correctly updated or regularly for that matter, can be one of the biggest security issues on a server. Upgrading and patching (with grsecurity) the current kernel to the most stable and secure version available for your servers distribution.
Depending on software utilized on the existing and destination server, this is also available.
• Software – Helpdesk and billing software (Clientexec, Modernbill, Cerberus, WHMCS) Server Technologies Apache, MySQL, PgSQL, PHP, Exim/QMAIL, ClamAV, Pure/ProFTPD, SpamAssassin, CMS (Drupal, phpnuke), Firewalls (CSF/LFD, APF), chkrootkit, rkhunter and more.
• Networking - Extensive knowledge and experience of Networking Fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, POP3/IMAP, SCP/FTP, SNMP, VPN)
• Operating Systems – RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Gentoo, Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSuse, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD.
- Bash and Perl Scripting Creation and Alterations.
- SSH Configuration and Hardening.
- Troubleshooting and Addressing issues in a Helpdesk environment.
- Server Security Auditing, Vulnerability Assessment and correction.
- Proficient with Cpanel and WHM management (setting up accounts, remote backups, DNS clusters, Failover solutions etc).
- VPN Technologies (OpenVPN, Poptop etc).
- Monitoring and Managing Network Devices using Cacti, PRTG, etc.
- Experience with VPS Software (Virtuozzo).
- Third party Software Installations and configuration – Software management (Fantastico, RVSkins etc).
- Security Protection (Intrusion Detection with Snort, tripwire and ipfw/iptables etc).
- DNS and RDNS delegation experience (Bind, QDNS).
- Linux Kernel Security, regular maintenance, recompiles and OS reinstalls.
- Exim Administration and Optimization – experience with ClamAV, Sophos AV, ExiScan and SpamAssassin.
- Core System Files Hardening and Optimization (sysctl.conf, resolv.conf etc).
- Monitoring servers and responding to event notifications. (Service outtages, High Load Alerts etc) experience with Nagios.
- Working knowledge of Database Technologies (MySQL, PGSQL), performance Optimization and Hardening.
Currently located in Melbourne, Australia
, fluent english speaker and available between the hours of 9AM-9PMEST GMT+11
Depending on the timezone of your business and/or request I am very flexible, and available on-call if need be via cell phone/skype for remote hands if I'm not at the computer.
Dexqt’s services are a great help for web system preparation, security updates, and maintenance. With years of experience in security audit he has the skills when you need it most. Dexqt’s services are a great solution to your hosting health, and system up keeping.
Brandon Hastings - California, United States
Services used: Monthly Server Management - 4th September 2009 to December 2009 (Company ceased operations).
I have useed Dexqt as a contract worker and I got to say he does an amazing job with his knowledge along with completeing tasks quickly. A+++
Derek Denholm - Ontario, Canada
Services used: Monthly Server Management - 8th June 2009 to date.
Feel free to private message
me if you're interested and would like to see my resume and/or references or just to discuss anything further.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope we can work together!