Best Blackberry applications for running a web host?

Hi,

I have a blackberry (8900 Javelin/Curve) as my mobile phone. I'm in the UK, on Vodafone. wondering what applications I can download from either the app world or online that would be useful in running a web host. I want to be able to control as much of my web host as possible through easy to use applications on my blackberry - if it's possible. Already I've found some great applications like midpssh, but I want to know what else is out there. For example, is there anything useful for cPanel/WHM, FTP - perhaps SFTP?

Would be really great if WHMCS made a version of their iWHMCS that works on blackberry

Thanks.
    Guy Riese - Tech-Hosts Ltd. - Registered company in England & Wales (Based in UK - Europe)
    High quality & affordable Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Master Reseller Hosting, Linux VPS & Dedicated Servers
    Lowest priced domain names in the industry - instant registration and management

There isn't too many things that a blackberry hosting specific.
    I would probably have to say my most useful was "beejive" messenger
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

WHMCS Makes a lite version of their admin panel for mobile. I think it's a 20.00 or so addon.

I haven't been able to live without it, until I get an iPhone, then I'll just use their app.

From the site: "Mobile Edition - $39.95 One Time"
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Hello,

I have both the WHMCS mobile version and iWHMCS. I got iWHMCS first and have been very happy with it. For me the main bonuses are that I can reply to support tickets and check the admin log to make sure that welcome emails have been sent etc.

Once I found out that WHMCS mobile had more features I couldn't help myself from purchasing it. The mobile version certainly has more features that iWHMCS but it has been around for much longer. I like WHMCS mobile because you have the ability to check customer’s products and even send out any emails you have in WHMCS (including custom). A suggestion I recently made on the WHMCS forum is the ability to create new orders and create the product/register the domain directory from the mobile version. For me that would make the mobile version simply amazing.

Overall I prefer the mobile version because it has more features. Although iWHMCS has a much nicer interface while being easier to use. I have also read on the WHMCS forums that a new version of iWHMCS is going to be released. I for one am very excited So if you're looking for more control WHMCS mobile is certainly for you. Keep in mind that WHMCS mobile can also be fully customised much like the normal admin panel.

Jack
    Last edited by zomex; 04-10-2010 at 02:52 PM.
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Web Hosting Templates for WHMCS Templates | WordPress | HTML | Blesta | Clientexec
    █ Professional WHMCS Services | Installation | Configuration | Integration | Upgrades

Opera Mini! So much nicer than the default BB browser.
    Quality European Web Hosting - LDHosting.com
    High Quality, Affordable Web Hosting Services
    www.ldhosting.com

Just found this open source/freeware ssh client, alpha status but it's fairly awesome so far.

http://bbssh.org

Quote Originally Posted by TH-Guy View Post
    Hi,

Would be really great if WHMCS made a version of their iWHMCS that works on blackberry

Thanks.
    I just log into the admin side of WHMCS directly on my blackberry bold 9700 and can do everthing I can as if I am at the PC, a little bit of scrolling side to side but overall I can do everything without a problem.

I also log in to Direct Admin from the phone brower so can manage everything from my phone (apart from ssh) but there is an ssh app you can download for the blackberry, I have not tried it yet

Hope that helps
    BoltHosting.co.uk
    Quality UK Hosting at Affordable Prices
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee | Auto Installer | Site Moving Service
    Linux Shared Hosting | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Domain Registration

If you use Kayako Support Suite, you can download a very nice ticket management app.
    Cheers,
    MaxFrag Ventrilo Hosting "The King of Online Voice Communication"
    Visit MaxFrag.net | Ventrilo Servers | Ventrilo Status Monitor |
    24/7 Customer Support - Price Matching - Money Back Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by LDHosting View Post
    Opera Mini! So much nicer than the default BB browser.
    Opera Mini actually took me a bit to get used to. But hands down is the best browser for BlackBerry's I've seen thus far
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

I do know IPhone has about 50 apps dealing with web hosting, like for example php books, cpanel app, and whmcs app There are more too just search them up.