Starting a website..

The thing I wanted to discuss is the fact that I'm starting a website, a league based website. It is for FIFA 10 online.. This is what I mean:

Leagues - the website will have leagues and these should be easily created and managed by the admins. Whenever the users insert a result between two players in the league then the league will automatically update with the points, goals scored and goals conceeded.

Users will be able to arrange their matches across the site easily and admins should be able to view these so we know who is trying to arrange the game and who is not.

This is the basics of the website. Every designer I have asked is charging ridiculous amounts for the coding part of the website.

Am I better off getting a designer to design a website and then to get a coder to work on the league part of the website or would I be better off buying software for the league part? Which would work out cheaper?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps something like this will work for you.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials