Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow WTB: Outsourced 1st Level Support

My journey continues:

For those who have not read my other posts, I basically started a boutique type of hosting company to provide to my consulting clients. That way all server set ups are the same, same control panel and all that instead of the grief we have had previously.

Before starting the hosting company, I wanted to get the people under contract before booking servers and have them more a less filled up before I even ordered them. Mission accomplished. I have 3 booked, and doing something like this...

Hosting Package: 10Mpps

Dell PowerEdge 860
    Quad-Core XEON 3220 2.4Ghz
    4G DDR2 RAM
    150 GB of Disk Space
    1.25 Mbps of Bandwidth
    RAID Array
    1 usable IP's (Additional IP's at $1.00 per month) Different C's available!
    Full Monthly Backups INCLUDED!!!
    Overage at $6.50 per Mbps
    100% Full Managed
    Most Software preloaded:
    - ffmpeg
    - mplayer
    - mencoder
    - AND More!!!
    FREE 24/7 Support
    99.99% Network Uptime
    FREE Site Migration Assistance
    Proactive Server Monitoring!
    NO Set Up Fee!
    I also offer a 25Mbps (4 per server, instead of 8) however most of my clients do not need that. They are typically taking advantage of one of my site build offers. Which is either a 90GB celebrity membership site, or one of the tube sites. Either start up traffic, or pay site.

Anyway, sorry to the long post. Just want to explain things a bit. So now I am at the point of support. I have the original reseller as level 3, the middle reseller/support at level 2. Now I need a level 1 support.

Since my own programmers are mainly dealing with our scripts. I do not forsee a ton of trouble tickets. Especially right now. So I am thinking something like $1 a trouble ticket is fair.

This includes secondary installations, wordpress etc, and other little quirks that come up. Should it be something major with server, you refer it to level 2.

You would be the main point of contact for my support. It is very important to me all trouble tickets are handled within the hour. So when they submit a ticket, that they get a reply with ticket number, and hopefully resolved ASAP. To them, you are representing me, and my company and most importantly, my promise or commitment to them.

If you provide some sort of service contract, it is important that this be in there. As I said, I am not doing 500 per box. There are clients who are 4/8 per box, semi dedicated users.

If you know of someone with references, or highly recommended that fits my needs. Please send them my way. Thanks.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | 1500 CLASS-A/B/C | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING
    RESIDENTIAL IPS | 10G UNMETERED | IPV4 SOLUTION PROVIDER SINCE 2008

I interested in this.

Here's a list of my Skills/Experience:

OS's: Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008. Redhat and Debian based distros, most popular. CentOS, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu. No BSD knowledge.
    ▪ Web Servers: IIS 6 and 7 and Apache.
    ▪ Mail Servers: Exim, Mail Enable, SmarterMail, Exchange.
    ▪ Control Panels: cPanel/WHM, Plesk, DirectAdmin,
    Helm, Webmin.
    ▪ Virtualization Engines: OpenVZ, Virtuozzo, VMware, SolusVM, FluidVM.
    ▪ Others: FTP servers, Troubleshooting Cisco Routers, Routers Configuration, Network Design, Database servers.
    server.

I can be reached at edwin@xtremepings.net or one of the messengers in my profile.

Looking forward in working with you.

Hi,

My name is zohair helmi. I am located in Egypt,
    Mobile number: +20122592902
    Email MSN: helmytamer850@hotmail.com

I am looking for a remote position for Technical Support / System Administration job. Here is a brief summary about myself :
    .Has more than 5 years in networking industries ,
    .2 years in System Administration .
    .Bsc in Computing
    .Certified with CCNA,CCNP
    .Has 1 year in web hosting industries with Technical Support, System Administration and Business Development (web hosting) experience.
    Technical Skills and Experience:
    Ability to build, manage and troubleshoot control panel
    * Cpanel / Whm control panel
    Operating System
    * CentOS
    * Fedora Core
    Including the following:
    • WWW Servers – Apache.
    • Control panels whm/cpanel
    • Networking - TCP/IP, NFS, Telnet, FTP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, ifconfig, route, netstat, xinetd, HTTP, NIS/YP
    • Mail - SMTP, POP, IMAP, Qmail, Sendmail
    • Admin Tools – admintool ,linuxconf, vmstat, iostat, top, trace route, ping, sar, ntop, webmin
    • Backup - tar, cpio, dump (ufsdump)
    • Security - SSH, SSL, IPchains, IPtables, TCP Wrappers, Tripwire, port scanners, password crackers
    Server Security hardening
    · Firewall [csf/apf/iptables]
    · Tripwire
    · chkrootkit , rkhunter
    · Secure Shell
    · PHP hardening, sysctl hardening etc
    Web Server hardening and tweaking.
    · Apache optimization
    · Adding mod_security rules
    · Mod_evasive , mod_limitipconn for preventing DDOS
    · Tweaking of apache directives
    Billing System
    * WHMCS

Database
    * MySQL
    MTA

* Qmail with SpamAssassin + ClamAV

* Exim with SpamAssassin + ClamAV

Primary Language
    * Arabic
    Secondary Language (excellent)

* English

Barefootsies,

We clearly understand your requirements and are ready to work with you to represent your company at support level.

We can provide you with experienced and affordable Level 1-3 techs with excellent knowledge and communication skills. You can even handpick your techs, based on your requirement from our tech pool. Please visit our website http://vipointsolutions.com for more information.

Do let me know if you are interested, and send an e-mail to sales@vipointsolutions.com

Hello,

I can do this for u.
    I have 2 years exp in hosting support company in India.
    Also have good command on cpane/whm,centos,Firewall [csf/apf/iptables],mod_security, tweaking, ddos,fanstatico,ffmpeg,mod_evasive
    I did ccna,RHCE.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

24/7 Support

We can provide you with experienced Level 1-3 techs with excellent knowledge and communication skills. Please drop an email to sales at ideaminetech.com
    Ideamine Technologies
    http://www.ideaminetech.com, sales(a)ideaminetech.com
    Server Management|Outsourced WebHosting Support| Managed Cloud Services

We can provide you with a per ticket pay plan, please contact us for more details.

Hello,

We can provide you with level 3 engineers.
    The rates are nominal and less than any other hosting companies in india.

Contact us by sending a mail to sales.

Hello,

Thanks in advance for spending your time in reading this reply.

I work from home and I have fairly good knowledge of Level1 support for web servers. I believe I can do good job for you. Price of $1 per ticket is fair enough for me. All I would like to know is what are the hours (as per which time zones EST, GMT?) that you would like me to be online? I am based out of India and ready to cover the time period allocated to me.

Waiting for your reply.
    Last edited by alpvas; 04-02-2010 at 07:20 PM.

First of all, I would like to thank you for all the fine replies. Both in this thread, as well as in PM.

That said, when I have been going through to contact people about handling the 1/2L support for my web hosting company it amazes me how many are not timely.

You want to tell me privately about your 24/7 support and service, and then I do not hear back from you for day(s) at a time for new business? It is not very telling over your promises on support. When that happens, I have deleted those companies from contention or consideration.

As I have mentioned in my original post, I need quick response, and resolution, times to ALL tickets. My consulting clients I have with this hosting are paying a premium for that type of service.

When I get this virtual small business up, that is a little different story. However, my current client base is paying for premium service, hence a service agreement, and when I do not get timely replies to my IM/PM trying to set up business with either an individual or company. That is the first red flag.

While I understand some of these Indian companies are used to providing service to many virtual clients, and hosting where answering within 24 is acceptable. For my customer base it is not. I am looking to build a premium provider.

So if you can't fulfill the needs as laid out, there simply is not need to waste your time applying for this work. It will save you time and hassle in the long run.

Hi,

How are you doing today?

Thanks for your response to my apply. Like I said before as well, I am ready for your project with quick turn around. Also as I mentioned I work from home individually and do not own the company so I would like to request you to let me know the time (along with time zone) when you need me to be online.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

As said as it is, I have tried to come to agreement with no less that 4 different individuals and companies between Sat and Sunday to handle this.

Not a single one has replied.

Talk about a good red flag on people and their offers! Good thing I found this out before signing an agreement and TRUSTING my company and clients with them!

If you want premium services then expect to pay premium prices. You may find that some of the companies coming back to you are not responding fast enough for your needs because at your budget it won't be easy to fulfill your requirements.

Hope that helps,

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Light View Post
    If you want premium services then expect to pay premium prices. You may find that some of the companies coming back to you are not responding fast enough for your needs because at your budget it won't be easy to fulfill your requirements.

Hope that helps,
    Keep in mind I only have a handful of clients to start out with.

If I had 100 virtual clients, it would be a bit different. But I also understand where you are coming from. That said, since I am looking to buy hosting companies and invest. I guess it's their loss ultimately.

As laid out in the initial or O.P..

If you can't provide 1 hour answers to my PM or support tickets. This would not be a position for you.

This is not to say YOU personally. I am simply reinforcing this fact to people who are applying for this work. If you can't answer my PM's timely, why would I think you would answer my CLIENTS timely?

The same thing when you are asked to do something. You need to do it right on the first ticket or request. I/client should not have to send repeat emails or multiple tickets to have this done or that done just because you are rushing through something. All that does is cause frustration.

Right now I have 2 boxes, and tentative business agreements in place for new clients, which would require, 2 more boxes in the near future. I am growing fast.

Obviously as I grow my own clients, and buy other hosting companies, I will need to change the arrangement and pay scale. However, if you come out of the blocks stumbling. It's only going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by alpvas View Post
    Hi,

How are you doing today?

Thanks for your response to my apply. Like I said before as well, I am ready for your project with quick turn around. Also as I mentioned I work from home individually and do not own the company so I would like to request you to let me know the time (along with time zone) when you need me to be online.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefootsies View Post
    That said, since I am looking to buy hosting companies and invest. I guess it's their loss ultimately.
    You get what you pay for. How many support tickets do you anticipate your customers submitting over a period of one month? You stated you didn't anticipate this to be many, and you want 24/7 1 hour response time support, it just doesn't add up.

You might want to look into other ways to pay for your trouble ticket resolutions for your customers, something like a monthly plan where the support provider is guaranteed a set payment of X per month for up to Y tickets, and you pay X per month even if you don't submit up to Y tickets.

The less trouble tickets you have, the more you pay per ticket. If you had 3000 tickets per month, that would be another story.

Actually, the different companies who have contacted me have different options ole buddy.

Some have a BASE fee per month, and then charge on a per ticket basis. Others are per ticket only, while others want a set salary to sit around all day watching your servers and playing XBOX.

As for clients. Obviously those moving to my host will have a few more tickets than others. But typically, these are people I am consulting for. They are using my scripts, my content, and things that my programmers will typically fix. As I said, semi dedicated, 8 per box right now.

That said, you still have things like setting up new clients, and moving their stuff, as well I am now looking at 2nd level support. Which would include upgrading the servers monthly for security.

There are many options provided, and I am going through them one by one on who I think is best for my company, as well, they provide a service agreement that covers what I am asking. One hour support.

You get what you pay for. How many support tickets do you anticipate your customers submitting over a period of one month? You stated you didn't anticipate this to be many, and you want 24/7 1 hour response time support, it just doesn't add up.

You might want to look into other ways to pay for your trouble ticket resolutions for your customers, something like a monthly plan where the support provider is guaranteed a set payment of X per month for up to Y tickets, and you pay X per month even if you don't submit up to Y tickets.

The less trouble tickets you have, the more you pay per ticket. If you had 3000 tickets per month, that would be another story.

I was going by your pricing requirement of "I am thinking something like $1 a trouble ticket is fair." Wanting a salary or base fee didn't seem to fit your requirements, so I was suggesting you look into other pricing options as you only specified a per ticket basis.

I should note here I'm not trying to compete for your contract; I'm not a support provider here at WHT. I'm only suggesting that you do get what you pay for, and wanted to guide you into finding a solution that isn't going to burn you half way down the line.

No worries friend. I took it how you meant it. Simply trying to help out.

I was going by your pricing requirement of "I am thinking something like $1 a trouble ticket is fair." Wanting a salary or base fee didn't seem to fit your requirements, so I was suggesting you look into other pricing options as you only specified a per ticket basis.

I should note here I'm not trying to compete for your contract; I'm not a support provider here at WHT. I'm only suggesting that you do get what you pay for, and wanted to guide you into finding a solution that isn't going to burn you half way down the line.

Hello,

As i send you in PM i am working as a Freelancer and with a Individual Company.We provide BPO Solutions with that like Soft Dialer, VOIP Minutes, Technical Support.
    I have 1.8 years experience n hosting support company.And i have very good command on given areas.We can give you 24*7 Support with all SLA

Thank you.

I do not have AIM or MSN. Nor will I install them. I use ICQ and Yahoo for IM.

Thanks everyone for the 7 day trials.

I have also opted to look at some people who can handle L1 & L2 support. Once we get the initial growing pains handled this month in regards to handling support tickets and what not. I am looking to start expansion.

Right now, I have not been impressed. So that door is open.

PM sent
    SEQUIRES
    24/7 Server Management Team.
    Feel free to open a ticket here with any of your server issues (as long as its running on Linux ).

Hello,

Is Position is still open?

Quote Originally Posted by ksv2nash View Post
    Hello,

Is Position is still open?
    Yes. I have not made final decision yet. Nor are there any front runners who have impressed me. Instead of focusing on the new clients tickets so far, I get PM's talking about costs and quotes.

No offense, but you are providing me a service here. I would worry about handling the customers FIRST in a timely fashion, and 100% completely. Your SA second. However, this is where you learn who is a professional and who are just some jokers. Response times.

The more companies I look at who actually can/will provide what is being asked.... in regards to fast response times.... I may consider doing a base salary ($100/200 month to start).

Because I am still small, I simply do not foresee a lot of tickets. But those I do get need immediate attention. Even if simple 8A-midnight to start.

Once they can handle the initial set up, I am looking to start expanding. So far I have yet to find a person who replies to my PM and IM timely, much less trouble tickets.

I am also now looking locally as well. I have had a few retired guys, and college kids looking for work and offering to handle it as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast