Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1

    I'm new, and about to try reseller hosting..

    Hi everyone,

    I am very interested to start this reseller hosting but i'm very new and don't have any experience.
    I don't really know how to build a web & coding, but i'm familiar with computer hardware since i am a computer technician.

    Should i take the risk to go on?

    Thanks for the advice.

  2. #2
    You can try with some ebook, you'll find few on ClickBank, like SuperHosting.me
    Best Regards, Simon
    SiteReptile.com ● Website Builder for Webhosting Industry
    BillingReptile.com ● Easy Billing Automation for cPanel

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,215
    Hi

    Welcome to WHT!

    What is it that makes you want to do reseller hosting?? I assume this will be something else you want to add to your business??
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberHostPro View Post
    Hi

    Welcome to WHT!

    What is it that makes you want to do reseller hosting?? I assume this will be something else you want to add to your business??
    Well, it's kinda hard to explain, but i want to try.
    Buying server, then people rent it from me, at the same time i can start my own bussiness from home.

    I hope this will be the real forum that will help me step by step.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Damascus, MD
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by totallynoobs View Post
    Well, it's kinda hard to explain, but i want to try.
    Buying server, then people rent it from me, at the same time i can start my own bussiness from home.

    I hope this will be the real forum that will help me step by step.
    Good luck to you! You have entered a market so different than any other! It is still business though! Do your research, and you should do fine. WHT is a great place to find almost everything you need to know. Search the different categories and just get a feel for how everything works day to day.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidPlex View Post
    Good luck to you! You have entered a market so different than any other! It is still business though! Do your research, and you should do fine. WHT is a great place to find almost everything you need to know. Search the different categories and just get a feel for how everything works day to day.
    Thanks all of you!
    I think i will look around here for 2/3 month for an introduction, when i think i am ready for the market, i will go for it!

    I'm thinking about starting my bussiness from hostgator, but it is still early for me to say, isn't it?

    Thanks again!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    196
    Sure, go ahead. You will learn by trying. Just make sure that the company where your reseller will be have a nice support and it is customer friendly. You can read articles, you can use google and you can ask support staff if you have problems. Trying and working in this area will make the learning easier.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Damascus, MD
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by totallynoobs View Post
    Thanks all of you!
    I think i will look around here for 2/3 month for an introduction, when i think i am ready for the market, i will go for it!

    I'm thinking about starting my bussiness from hostgator, but it is still early for me to say, isn't it?

    Thanks again!
    HostGator is a reputable company and should take care of you. There plans and prices are pretty decent too! It is never too early to be thinking about who your providers will be.

  9. #9
    Hi,

    I too signed up here after I found its one of the most authoritative site on hosting things, literally a goldmine of knowledge on web hosting. I too want to start my own web hosting business and wanted to start off with a reseller plan before moving to VPS and dedicated servers. I think reseller is the best way to get into the hosting business for peoples who know quite a few things about the web and computers but are new to web hosting business and then move upwards gradually.

    This forum does not have a tutorials sub forum yet though,but you can find great resources in the "Running a Web Hosting Business" and the "Running a Web Hosting Business Tutorials" forums. Also take a look into the "Hosting Software and Control Panels" and "Hosting Software and Control Panels Tutorials" forums.

    I have been going through these relevant forums for some time and have been researching slowly. I am building up my own set of questionnaires and relevant points for getting started which I will be submitting to the knowledgeable members of this forum for review, after which I will finalize many aspects of my hosting business like opting for which reseller.. Also don't forget to look into the archives section. Many of the old post contains very important informations.

    Best of luck!

  10. #10
    only thing about HostGator is they do not allow over selling apart from that they are ok

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    You can learn a lot by reading, but at some point you just have to go ahead and buy a reseller account to learn how everything works.

    You can try with some ebook, you'll find few on ClickBank, like SuperHosting.me
    That website is ridiculous, if not downright deceiving, with its supposedly constantly rising pricing. A page reload and you're back to $97.

  12. #12
    No to put you off, but hosting is one of the most incredibly competitive markets out there . All i'd say is spend as much time as it takes to find yourself a USP otherwsie you'll be fighting a losing battle amongst the big fish. Really, best of luck to you.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by orbixworks View Post
    No to put you off, but hosting is one of the most incredibly competitive markets out there . All i'd say is spend as much time as it takes to find yourself a USP otherwsie you'll be fighting a losing battle amongst the big fish. Really, best of luck to you.
    Thanks, i will try my very best, hopefully with lot of help from everyone here.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by orbixworks View Post
    No to put you off, but hosting is one of the most incredibly competitive markets out there . All i'd say is spend as much time as it takes to find yourself a USP otherwsie you'll be fighting a losing battle amongst the big fish. Really, best of luck to you.
    I agree. Read the 1590182 other posts where people ask if they should start a hosting business. I tell everyone, if you don't know anything about hosting, your already 1 step behind. Add the fact there are 128510281 other companies already doing it and it's almost impossible to make a profit from ground up in 2010.

  15. #15
    Dont forget if you do start you need to provide 24 hour support and if a customer as problems you will need to know how to fix it if not they will soon go else where

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 05:14 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 08:40 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 07:40 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 05:56 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2006, 12:43 PM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •