hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Software and Control Panels : cPanel Problem. Please help!

Forum Jump

cPanel Problem. Please help!

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Software and Control Panels Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

cPanel Problem. Please help!

Hello,

I have set up a new cPanel server, but when I try to access the domain I'm redirected to cPanel default page. What could it be? Could you help me please?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Web Hosting Master

You need to provide more information.Perhaps, the domain name? You can also use intodns.com to diagnose the problem.

http://www.jweeb.com.sg - Making the Web Simple!

Old 03-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I have 10 domains there, and the same problem for both... I cannot tell you what's the domain because I'm not the owner. I looked in intoDNS, but it looks everything is correct...

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Disabled

Could be a propagation issue as well...

You need to be more descriptive, and refer back to your servers error logs as well.

Wouldn't hurt to post the domain so that way we can see if we get redirected as well.

In my experience, it usually occurs when you browse to a domain name and the A record is set incorrectly as to what coincides with what is listed in httpd.conf. Either that, or a propagation issue.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Web Hosting Master

Has the A Records been setup for the nameservers on the web hosting account?

http://www.jweeb.com.sg - Making the Web Simple!

Old 03-25-2010, 01:19 AM

Hello,

I believe agustin is referring to the page that says "Congrats, cPanel has been installed, etc" page. I believe that is also known as the server-wide default page.

If you're seeing that then the domain isn't setup correctly on the server or it's probably pointing to the wrong location.

Regards,
Ingrid

Last edited by [FH] Ingrid; 03-25-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:24 AM
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FH] Ingrid View Post
Hello,

I believe the agustin is referring to the page that says "Congrats, cPanel has been installed, etc" page. I believe that is known as the server-wide default page.

If you're seeing that then the domain isn't setup correctly on the server or it's probably pointing to the wrong location.

Regards,
Ingrid
He mentioned intodns.com reported all green across the board. If that is the case, it is either a propagation issue, or his A record at the DNS level is not matching up with the IP at the httpd.conf level.

You can check if it is a propagation issue using a proxy such as http://proxify.com/

Old 03-25-2010, 01:37 AM
Indian IT Outsourcing

Agustin,

Did you setup the domain in WHM? It seems that the domain is not set correctly in the WHM. In a cPanel server the default document root is /var/www/html/ . The cpanel default page is this location and serves as the default page for all the domains which are pointing to the server but are not yet setup in the server.

You need to setup the domain using "WHM>> create a new account". Once you are done with the setup and have specified the document root for the domain, the domain will start pointing to your desired page.

E-Mail: Sales@VIPointSolutions.com