Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down DMEhosting terminated my vps

Just want to share in here...

After a while using vps from DMEhosting (less than a month), today they terminated my account.

The reason after I asking them because my VPS got DDoS attack.
    I see they have no manner just suspended my account without inform to me the reason..

I must pro active asking to them.
    And now they just terminated my account because they said I violated their Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy.

So, being got DDoS attack is break Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy?

I'm a victim in here because I got DDoS Attack..

The only reason I can see for them suspending you due to a DDoS attack is if you're doing something that specifically brought on the attack. Even still, a lot of providers would be able to mitigate the attack and keep the blame on the attacker.

Sorry to hear about this.

I had asked them what activities cause the DDos Attack as I only use it for vpn with 6 user.
    I ask them to give me log,etc that proof me I was doing something wrong so can get DDoS attack.

Beside that being victim of DDoS attack is breaking rule?

It doesn't make any sense if you didn't do anything to make someone DDoS you or you didn't even got to do anything.

Try talking to them and just wait until all the community can see what's the real deal.

They suspended VPS or terminated account?
    █ Diego Rodríguez B. - https://diegorbaquero.com
    █ Software Engineer @ Protocol Labs | Filecoin Saturn

I had talked to them so that I posted in here because I was not satisfy with their explanation.

Of course first they suspend my VPS and after asked again will my VPS get online back they said will terminate my account.

I want to know what about your vps now ?
    they have terminated your vps?

Aren't they breaking the contract if you paid and they terminate your service?

I'm using a vps from them for a small shoutcast server, 4 months approx with no major problems (so far). And at $5.95 a month if it goes down for a while I don't care.

I did once however wait a long time for a support ticket to be answered so I just emailed david (the owner) and the ticket was responded to with an hour.

If you've not done this already, ask for your ticket to be escalated to david or just email him. His details are shown on the dmehosting.com whois page.

Good Luck!

Sorry but we don't provide DDoS protection. Even after turning off your VPS the DDoS attack was still hurting all of our clients and crashing the node. With 1000-2000 packets every second, we couldn't' do anything other than null route the IP.

Since we do not offer DDoS protection (obviously for the price) that you would need, we cannot host you on a shared environment such as VPS's. We would lose all of our clients if we allowed your DDoS attack to continue.
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC

Quote Originally Posted by netroby View Post
    I want to know what about your vps now ?
    they have terminated your vps?
    the status still suspended
    as my last ticket has not been answered again since I posted in here..

Quote Originally Posted by Green Choice Hosting View Post
    Aren't they breaking the contract if you paid and they terminate your service?
    Maybe for them is not breaking the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by viaDamo View Post
    I'm using a vps from them for a small shoutcast server, 4 months approx with no major problems (so far). And at $5.95 a month if it goes down for a while I don't care.

I did once however wait a long time for a support ticket to be answered so I just emailed david (the owner) and the ticket was responded to with an hour.

If you've not done this already, ask for your ticket to be escalated to david or just email him. His details are shown on the dmehosting.com whois page.

Good Luck!
    Thank you for your sugestion.

Quote Originally Posted by DMEHosting View Post
    Sorry but we don't provide DDoS protection. Even after turning off your VPS the DDoS attack was still hurting all of our clients and crashing the node. With 1000-2000 packets every second, we couldn't' do anything other than null route the IP.

Since we do not offer DDoS protection (obviously for the price) that you would need, we cannot host you on a shared environment such as VPS's. We would lose all of our clients if we allowed your DDoS attack to continue.
    so as victim of DDoS attack I was breaking your rules and you just terminate my vps?

can you give me any proof/log if I was doing something wrong?

DDoS can attack anyone...

ok, i just ordered a vps ,and it been affect by the ddos attacked.

because the ddos attacking , i could got access to the vps i just ordered .may i request refunds?

I don't think DMEHosting has done anything wrong here to protect their client base.
    It isn't worth losing many other clients on the node to save a $5 VPS.

What is your feeling if your hosting dump off you wihtout can proof it if you're wrong?

I asked them for full refund as they can not fulfill the contract but they only want prorate refund, so I refused it..

I asked them for full refund as they can not fulfill the contract but they only want prorate refund, so I refused it..
    Are you asking for 1 month refund?

of course, I think you know the meaning of full refund as they can not fulfill the contract and suspend without notice..
    They didn't have any manner and attitude..

Quote Originally Posted by dewaforex View Post
    What is your feeling if your hosting dump off you wihtout can proof it if you're wrong?

I would request for an alternative IP and get a host with DDoS protection.
    It is simply not reasonable to expect them to be able to keep your site unsuspended while you get DDoSed.

Quote Originally Posted by tsj5j View Post
    I would request for an alternative IP and get a host with DDoS protection.
    It is simply not reasonable to expect them to be able to keep your site unsuspended while you get DDoSed.
    have you read all post?
    If they really care with client why didn't they inform me about the suspended and just change the IP?

I'm fine with all effort they done to prevent the DDoS, but at least they inform me and maybe just as you said "change the IP".

But as you can see they didn't do it.
    I think it's fair if I want full refund as they terminate the contract wihtout good explanation and any proof.

http://www.dmehosting.com/VirtualPrivateServerTOS.php

2. Cancellation of Service:
    DMEHOSTING reserves the right to cancel this TOS Agreement and to permanently disconnect the service that DMEHOSTING provides to Subscriber hereunder at anytime without further obligation.

3. Disconnection of Service:

Not by way of limitation of DMEHOSTING’s right to, at any time for any reason, cancel this TOS Agreement and permanently disconnect the service that DMEHOSTING provides to Subscriber,...

Subscriber will not be credited, under any circumstances, for any time that the service that DMEHOSTING provides to Subscriber is suspended, interrupted or terminated.

4. DMEHOSTING Not Obligated To Review Activities or Notify of Violations:
    DMEHOSTING is under no obligation to review Subscriber's and/or any of Subscriber’s Sub-User’s (the term “Subscriber’s Sub-User” is defined below) activities to determine if a violation of this TOS Agreement (which includes DMEHOSTING’s AUP) has occurred. Further, DMEHOSTING does not assume any responsibility by virtue of this TOS Agreement (which includes DMEHOSTING’s AUP) to monitor, enforce or police Internet-related activities or to notify Subscriber of any actual or suspected violations.

Sorry but you have no right to a refund of any nature and you should take the prorated refund offer. You could argue that this could have been handled in a more customer friendly way but DME is well within it's rights based on the TOS that YOU agreed to when you signed up.

I think most TOS of any providers is same.. they can cancel/terminate account..bla..bla..
    We as buyer always in weak position..

but forget it.. just a few bucks and their name become worst in here..
    just search it, and you can find if they never contacted the clients if there were problems.

It's true that most datacenters do not have the high priced routers to handle ddos. It's usually the colocator's responsibility. Most will charge a premium... those that don't like some named in these thread really are not skilled to handle them even with those routers provided they even have them in the first place and not just lying about it.

@xtremecyber: What are you talking about? Do you have any first hand experience of us shutting you down for no reason? If not, you're breaking the rules here at WHT. So, please provide some facts

Quote Originally Posted by atto9 View Post
    DDOS attack could happened everywhere, I don't think it's a fault of customer.
    The OP is using it for VPN, I'm assuming he's not hosting a web server with highly sensitive content. I have a hard time believing someone would randomly attack him, it's far more likely that he or someone he knows is using his connection to stir up trouble.

Either way I don't expect the host to put up with downtime (and the transfer bills) just to make him happy. The OP can find a staminus or gigenet based provider, but I have heard they also nullroute you if the attack is too large (Gigenet that is, not sure about staminus).
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed hosting solutions / AS63447
    Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers

Wouldn't it be more fun to put the IP for the attacked site on to a big huge bank of servers and serve up a copy of the guy's web site?

Why null route and let the attacker know he's winning?

It would also be good to hear from Burst about how their DOS protection would help in this situation, what they use hardware wise and how it works to stop the problem.

Do the upstream providers respond quickly? Can they help in this situation or do they just keep passing the packets and say it's your problem?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast