Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

burstnet bad service, poor support

Hi,

I am client of Burstnet, i have 4 VPS with this company.
    one of they node is offline... For more than 10 hours and still offline.

They dont reply tickets, veportal is offline, vps doesnt works
    after 2 hour
    "please explain where you are seeing the slowness on both of these servers"

then
    "
    There seems to have been a problem with the main node, This should be working for you now. "

and we are looking into the issue with the main node. We hope to have this resolved for you soon. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

after 10 hour node is offline and no one reply my tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by infracom2005 View Post
    Hi,

I am client of Burstnet, i have 4 VPS with this company.
    one of they node is offline... For more than 10 hours and still offline.

They dont reply tickets, veportal is offline, vps doesnt works
    after 2 hour
    "please explain where you are seeing the slowness on both of these servers"

then
    "
    There seems to have been a problem with the main node, This should be working for you now. "

and we are looking into the issue with the main node. We hope to have this resolved for you soon. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

after 10 hour node is offline and no one reply my tickets.

There was a RAID array corruption on a node, and we had to build a new node and copy data over to restore service. It happens. We can only fix such issues as fast as the data can restore/move.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

my vps is still offline

Quote Originally Posted by infracom2005 View Post
    my vps is still offline
    Well, we have no "nodes offline", so the issue must be specific to your individual VPS. Respond to the ticket you have open again.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

TICKET

12 HS offline.

back up after 12 hour offline.

If all the nodes were online, why your last reply was:

"We are currently looking into the issue with the Main Node."

BurstNet is a well respected company. I believed there is a reason behide it.
    OneNetwork.Net >> Web Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers
    ██ Raid Options on All Servers
    ███ 14 Day Money Back Guarantee
    ████ http://www.OneNetwork.net

I'd assume for a $5/mo vps, a 12 hour downtime once in a while should be tolerable

I had 1 downtime experience with one of my VPS's which was node related, But it was back up in roughly 6 hours. But the other VPS i have from them (On a seperate node) Has great uptime, Hasn't been down once in 2 months.

Overall, like stated your paying for Budget VPS Hosting so the uptime you do get is worth what you are paying for in the end none the less.

One node seems to be having issues frequently over the past week and a half or so though. But its been stable for the past few days.

Luckily neither of my VPS's are on the node that you seem the be having problems with today so i can't really feel your frustration but 12 hours isn't all that bad. It really depends on the severeness of the problem with the main node
    Last edited by Andrew M - QuadraNet; 03-11-2010 at 11:11 PM.
    QuadraNet Enterprises | Providing Secure Infrastructure Solutions to modern businesses since 2001.
    QuadraNet is a globally recognized cloud solution provider ​with the Best-in-class responsive 24x7 customer support.​
    Locations: Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle & Amsterdam.
    Andrew Moore andrew.moore@quadranet.com Visit https://www.QuadraNet.com

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Our nodes are NOT oversold, and they are monitored/administrated to make sure they are performing reasonably well. Our service is no more likely to have slowdowns/issues than any other VPS service out there. When you are on a VPS you are subject to the usage of others sharing the node.

Are you going to receive the same speed/performance as a $50 VPS with only a few accounts on a node? Of course not..nor should you expect it...we are providing a budget VPS service, and considering what we charge, what we deliver is quite amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Our VPS clientele get what they are paying for, and may use these resources they purchase. Are our nodes oversold, sure, we make no claim otherwise, but the resources are their for usage as not all clients utilize all the resources they purchase. We monitor the nodes to make sure resources are available and the nodes are not overloaded, and relocated any high usage or abusive clients if warranted to maintain service levels for the client base.
    Some things don't add up here. (Text in quotes bolded.)

No it does not add up but read the rest of Quote #2 , The are not stating they oversell to the point that the nodes are completely stocked x2. They state that they give more usage to clients than the server actually has. But read on as stated most of the clients don't utilize all of their resources therefore the resources that are not being utilized are still free on the node.

I'm pretty sure if the server goes on a Quota Crisis they will do something to maintain the situation and/or move clients between nodes.
    QuadraNet Enterprises | Providing Secure Infrastructure Solutions to modern businesses since 2001.
    QuadraNet is a globally recognized cloud solution provider ​with the Best-in-class responsive 24x7 customer support.​
    Locations: Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle & Amsterdam.
    Andrew Moore andrew.moore@quadranet.com Visit https://www.QuadraNet.com

@BurstNet

What is the standard specs of the servers you host VPS on?

infracom2005 - Sorry to hear about your problems.

When using a budget service such as BurstNET always make sure to take regular backups. (Same rule applies even when not using a budget service, but in our experience things tend to go wrong more regularly when dealing with budget services).

Raid failure does happen, luckily they were just able to re-build the array so it sounds like there was not any dataloss, just downtime.
    As for support, again, it's a budget company - can't really expect them to be highly trained professionals

Quote Originally Posted by ScottSwezey View Post
    Is it just me, or was it really necessary to have three separate posts one after the other? Personally, I think this multi-quote feature is cool...
    But if BurstNET did that they'd only have 700 posts or so (at a guess). And 700 posts in the just under 10 years they've been a member here wouldn't be that much
    Ben Thomas, Director - BTCentral Web Development Services
    http://www.btcentral.org.uk - Need a custom Web App? Visit us online.

Quote Originally Posted by BTCentral - Ben View Post
    infracom2005 - Sorry to hear about your problems.

When using a budget service such as BurstNET always make sure to take regular backups. (Same rule applies even when not using a budget service, but in our experience things tend to go wrong more regularly when dealing with budget services).

Raid failure does happen, luckily they were just able to re-build the array so it sounds like there was not any dataloss, just downtime.
    As for support, again, it's a budget company - can't really expect them to be highly trained professionals

But if BurstNET did that they'd only have 700 posts or so (at a guess). And 700 posts in the just under 10 years they've been a member here wouldn't be that much
    hi Ben, please check your PM box..

Quote Originally Posted by BTCentral - Ben View Post
    From my experience there, their support techs are extremely knowledgeable, helpful and I always had a reply in 20 minutes.
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt - Kerplunc View Post
    @BurstNet

What is the standard specs of the servers you host VPS on?
    They vary, but most average nodes are Quad Core w/RAID10. We have some lower end Dual Xeon nodes used for heavy disk I/O usage accounts, that handle just a handful accounts, and take loads off the regular nodes. These two node types have a symbiotic relationship, and keep the performance reasonable across all our nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by LostDreams View Post
    No it does not add up but read the rest of Quote #2 , The are not stating they oversell to the point that the nodes are completely stocked x2. They state that they give more usage to clients than the server actually has. But read on as stated most of the clients don't utilize all of their resources therefore the resources that are not being utilized are still free on the node.

I'm pretty sure if the server goes on a Quota Crisis they will do something to maintain the situation and/or move clients between nodes.

Well said....that is correct.

LOL. Today read 3 thread about this. ... no idea . However Burst is one old VPS Provider ! I have never use Burst , and if you like a budget VPS, I just tell you, don't look at lowest price... Look at media price and heigh will be better.

I just signed up for a Burst VPS earlier today. It was created quickly and performance is excellent so far.

This isn't a review, as it hasn't even been 24 hours yet, but it seems fine so far.

Yet again, I have to sing songs of praise for Burst

Quick support replies, friendly tech support, and even live help on AIM.
    Plus, support were more that happy to help me when transferring large DB's without any questions asked!
    David Spalton
    solidWEB.io:- European Webhosting
    uptimeBar.com:- Server Monitoring from 25+ locations worldwide
    UK: 0330 0010 433 US: +1 (646) 233-2289

My burstnet VPS is always load upon 3.00 or higher, the support said it's the problem of mysql. So I tried stopped mysql services. It can't be lower than 1.00 frequently also. It's clear that the problem is because of oversold.

I moved my site from a shared hosting, it never have a 3.00 or higher load, the database size is lower than before.

btw, The problem begin from this month, it was running normally in the first two month from i purchased the vps.

You can see my burst vps uptime from here:
    chen.bmforum.com/uptime.php
    Last edited by msxcms; 03-13-2010 at 06:05 AM.

Call them You will take back your VPS after deal with them on phone.

Quote Originally Posted by msxcms View Post
    My burstnet VPS is always load upon 3.00 or higher, the support said it's the problem of mysql. So I tried stopped mysql services. It can't be lower than 1.00 frequently also. It's clear that the problem is because of oversold.

I moved my site from a shared hosting, it never have a 3.00 or higher load, the database size is lower than before.

btw, The problem begin from this month, it was running normally in the first two month from i purchased the vps.

You can see my burst vps uptime from here:
    chen.bmforum.com/uptime.php
    That load would be your VPS, not the node.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Limited
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin / XenForo Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Quote Originally Posted by RadonSys Shamil View Post
    That load would be your VPS, not the node.
    Yes, it's my VPS's load, but the node can affect my vps load.
    If the node is too slow, the service on my vps will be waiting to get resource, then made my vps load higher than before.

btw, According to your signature, i think you are one of burst's reseller.

Quote Originally Posted by msxcms View Post
    Yes, it's my VPS's load, but the node can affect my vps load.
    If the node is too slow, the service on my vps will be waiting to get resource, then made my vps load higher than before.

btw, According to your signature, i think you are one of burst's reseller.
    Typically, across all hypervisors, I believe Burst uses OpenVZ, the VPS is allocated shared-resources. I used to use Virtuozzo which is OpenVZ but with proprietary enhancements. On the most overcrowded and basically painful server, the VPS still had a norm load of 0. If you still have the VPS, would you mind posting some results?

Command top
    Copy and paste that.
    Now while top is running hit the number 1 on keyboard to show break down of cpu load over all cpu cores.

Now paste the results from these commands:
    ulimit -aH

cat /proc/cpuinfo

With regards to my services, my servers are co-located at Burst's datacenter. I use a combination of OpenVZ, vePortal and SolusVM to manage our virtual private servers.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Limited
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin / XenForo Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast