MS Exchange Email?

One of my resold hosting clients is expressing an interest in MS Exchange Email services for a few of their domain email accounts. The domain is currently hosted on a linux server with 30+ POP email accounts. The current host does not offer Exchange services.

I'm afraid I'm clueless regarding Exchange server services, and I'd appreciate advice on how to make them happy. Will I be required to move the account - website and email - to another host? In order to satisfy a few email accounts, will all of this domain's email accounts be required to switch from POP3 to MS Exchange? Any recommendations for a reliable Exchange server provider? What else do I need to know? Thanks for any and all help.

Hi there,

Most likely you won't be able to satisfy their hosting and email needs together easily. I would recommend finding a reliable Exchange mail provider to refer to them and just have them redirect the MX records etc. Alternatively, if they're just looking for push mail, they could set up email in Google Apps. The free edition offers up to 50 accounts with the same storage as Gmail; IMAP connection for desktop clients and Microsoft Exchange sync for mobile devices that support the Exchange protocol.

You should check cartikahosting.com they provide exchange hosting and they are one of the best

Intermedia.net is another name that comes to my mind when talking about MS Exchange.
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Thanks for all the feedback. I decided to get out of the middle on this one. I've got the client talking with an Exchange email provider, and told 'em I'd help with any required settings change. The more time I spent diggin', the deeper this cave got.