hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Cloud Hosting : Gogrid any good..?

Forum Jump

Gogrid any good..?

Reply Post New Thread In Cloud Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Premium Member

Gogrid any good..?

Yeah just wondering how they are - i have a free $100 trial i was offered just by coming across their website on google. Was going to test our cloud hosting to see how it was but read some bad reviews about CC issues and false charges to their cc. Anyone use them?

It also seems their support trys to hard.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2010, 01:28 AM
Web Hosting Master

I used them for a short period of time. Didn't care to much for the interface.

Its functional, I just hated logging into it.

That and they couldn't resize a VM when I was with them a while back, I'm sure thats been added though.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:01 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

Cloud hosting is still in evolving phase, better wait and watch or test it before you try moving your production servers.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2010, 04:19 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibee View Post
Cloud hosting is still in evolving phase, better wait and watch or test it before you try moving your production servers.
I agree with you. But if you are confident that is something you really need - go ahead.
As for the particular web hosting company - try to do some search for their name here. I'm sure that will help you find something.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:22 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

I've had multiple trial accounts with them. There were no false CC charges.

But the only thing they're good for is the trial. The servers themselves are ridiculously expensive, and CPU and network performance is pretty mediocre.

And forget about their cloud storage. It's faster to pull/push from the internet.

EDIT: I notice that you mentioned their support. Yes, they have live support 24/7, but their idea of support is helping you with generic Windows/Linux questions. It's like the keyboard equivalent of a call centre. When I had a problem with the server itself, they all say that the don't have access to it and they'd have to open a ticket for me. Said ticket was never replied to.

Last edited by CryptWizard; 03-11-2010 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:28 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I used them.. no false charges i used them when they came out in beta..
Do a test for yourself a trial that's free doesn't hurt, right? if something does happen and you do get false charges a call to the bank doesn't hurt.
as always good luck.

Cheap server admin & GPL,cheap solusvm templates

Old 03-11-2010, 05:29 AM
Disabled

If you have opportunity of free trial - use that and then decide.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibee View Post
I shall disagree. Just imagine that you live in late 40s of the last century and there is a television. SOme people have TV home, but you are still keep listening radio. And when you ask someone should you get a TV they would say, "No, it is still in evolving phase...". It is the same with Cloud hosting.

It is against my own interest to say "go for cloud hosting", but I shall say it, because it is true. Today most providers that don't have a plan how to create a cloud computing class infrastructure or just can not afford it would say "No" to cloud hosting.

Should we fear of the future?

24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Old 03-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Web Hosting Master

since its on trial. Try it and experience how cloud hosting works.

http://www.jweeb.com.sg - Making the Web Simple!

Old 03-18-2010, 02:49 PM
WHT Addict

@HostColor - Close analogy and honest opinion.

Cloud hosting may be evolving but some of the benefits are worth looking at: 1. Online upgrading / downgrading of servers. No need for data migration and no time lag or downtime. If you have 600 customers now on two servers and you acquire another 100. In a traditional set up you will need to set up a new server, install your control panel and then start adding the customers. A cloud hosting scenario will allow you to add (or top up) up resources within minutes and with no disruption at all.
2. Custom image creation. One can recreate a server from an image within minutes.

As a general rule, today, most cloud hosting companies offer a Do It Yourself solution. But there are others that do offer managed support.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

30 day Trial | Sign up NOW | https://install.secpanel.com/billing2/signup.php

Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 AM

I have searched their site but couldn't find the free 100$ trial.

Does anyone have a link/promotional code for that?

Old 04-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Temporarily Suspended

Just open a live chat on their site and request for $100 free credit, they will provide you for sure.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Temporarily Suspended

Old 04-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Web Hosting Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
I shall disagree. Just imagine that you live in late 40s of the last century and there is a television. SOme people have TV home, but you are still keep listening radio. And when you ask someone should you get a TV they would say, "No, it is still in evolving phase...". It is the same with Cloud hosting.

It is against my own interest to say "go for cloud hosting", but I shall say it, because it is true. Today most providers that don't have a plan how to create a cloud computing class infrastructure or just can not afford it would say "No" to cloud hosting.

Excellent point. And it looks like plenty agree with you as Cloud Hosting, with all its various meanings, are selling pretty darn well. Look at Stormondemand.com. SWEET!

Old 04-19-2010, 12:53 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostColor View Post

A more apt analogy would be cable vs pay per view. If you don't watch much TV, pay per view might save you money but if you do watch a lot, you're going to pay significantly more. Needless to say, pay per view is a valuable product, but is far from replacing cable.

sales@astutehosting.com