hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Running a Web Hosting Business : Industry standard commission rate (question)

Forum Jump

Industry standard commission rate (question)

Reply Post New Thread In Running a Web Hosting Business Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Web Hosting Master

Industry standard commission rate (question)

Hello all,

I am wondering what the standard or most offered commission rate is to offer a sales rep who would be out selling shared hosting dedicated servers and vps.

Also are their any companies here that have outside sales reps that work for salary and not a commission rate or salary plus commission??

thanks for the feedback I am just trying to get a sense of what to offer inorder to retain some good sales people.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Web Hosting Master

Once I worked for an offshore web hosting company (worked from home, remotely) as a sales representative.
The company gave me about 25% for the commission sales rate (selling Shared hosting accounts and Reseller accounts) - beside that, I also received the monthly salary as well.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Once I worked for an offshore web hosting company (worked from home, remotely) as a sales representative.
The company gave me about 25% for the commission sales rate (selling Shared hosting accounts and Reseller accounts) - beside that, I also received the monthly salary as well.
and it also all depends on who you are working for and company and so .. some sites will pay you buy hr or .. by how much you sell. aka 25% for commission .. and ask agustan said he works for one that did both.. that can be good. but it also can be bad.. it all depends on how big it is. and how many customers..

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Web Hosting Master

thanks for the feedback. I was hoping to get more replies so I can get a better feel for what the average commission rate is but oh well

thank you guys for responding