Industry standard commission rate (question)

Hello all,

I am wondering what the standard or most offered commission rate is to offer a sales rep who would be out selling shared hosting dedicated servers and vps.

Also are their any companies here that have outside sales reps that work for salary and not a commission rate or salary plus commission??

thanks for the feedback I am just trying to get a sense of what to offer inorder to retain some good sales people.

Once I worked for an offshore web hosting company (worked from home, remotely) as a sales representative.
    The company gave me about 25% for the commission sales rate (selling Shared hosting accounts and Reseller accounts) - beside that, I also received the monthly salary as well.
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

Once I worked for an offshore web hosting company (worked from home, remotely) as a sales representative.
    The company gave me about 25% for the commission sales rate (selling Shared hosting accounts and Reseller accounts) - beside that, I also received the monthly salary as well.
    and it also all depends on who you are working for and company and so .. some sites will pay you buy hr or .. by how much you sell. aka 25% for commission .. and ask agustan said he works for one that did both.. that can be good. but it also can be bad.. it all depends on how big it is. and how many customers..

thanks for the feedback. I was hoping to get more replies so I can get a better feel for what the average commission rate is but oh well

thank you guys for responding

5. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!