Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, I see Citrex said in this post earlier that no server was down when the OP claimed his server was down. And later Citrex said there was an issue with 1 server.

These are really very inconsistent statements and I wonder why Citrex said there was no issue....

Hi

Your account has already been FULLY REFUNDED and Domain transferred to your ownership, we apologize for the inconveniences caused and do understand we could have better communicated the situation to you. However it was an issue that did not cause downtime for servers but affected certain clients on the server, and for pre-cautions we then reinstalled server os modules.

We have been making a "FORMAL APOLOGY" throughout this entire thread as well as via your ticket, forum posts in our forums, and have sent FULL Refund of your years payments.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies, if there is anything else I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact us directly.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by LAPPPT View Post
    I cant believe you just said you do responds post in your forums. Can please make that forum public let people go there and see thet response you said you made? Or do you want me to disclose my username and password of that forum to the public so they can see if there is any response from Cirtex on our queries regarding the sever which which was hacked.

May be I should briefly explain what happened. On 02-27-2010, 07:19 PM, Cirtex posted on their forum about GOOFY Urgent Server Maintenance. They said they would be taking server GOOFY offline later on that night around midnight US EST to perform urgent maintenance. They further stated that estimated downtime would be around 4-6 hours as they were reinstalling the entire server and restore from system backup.

However,by 02-28-2010, 04:08 AM, our webistes were still down and there was no update from Cirtex about this. By 02-28-2010, 10:39 AM, still no response on their forum. As a result, I decided to post a thread in their forum as I was not receiving any response from my tickets.

Earlier, before the server was hacked, I had made a formal complaint about, among other things their poor customer service, my website being down most of the time and unexpected changes that occurred on my website's temporary folder path and log. Few hours my webisite went down. Whether by that time I sent my formal complain, the hacker had already managed to get access to the server, I don't know.

Just three hours ago I receive a response saying that my complaint "has been done" and requesting me to "ask moderator to lock thread as resolved.. So far, I have not yet received a formal respose from Cirtex Complaint Department, though I specifically stated my complain to be sent to that department or if they dont have one, then to a designated person dealing with complaints.

Back to their forum. By 02-28-2010, 03:38 PM, no update from Cirtex yet regarding the server. But by this time I managed to get someone on Cirtex chat and informed him that I strongly believed that something terrible might have gone wrong with the server and that it was better for Cirtex to be human and honest and inform the affected people instead of keeping them in the dark.

This would have enabled the affected people to take appropriate action including looking for a temporary hosting whilst the matter is being resolved. The guy strongly danied that the server was hacked and that everything would be fine in few hours as they were just reintalling the operating syetem.

I am not a computer expert but by just using common sense
    one could easily come to a conclusion that something was wrong. But what made me and probably other customers angry was the fact that Cirtex was not saying anything.

Few hours later I managed catch another guy on Cirtex chat. I asked if the server was hacked but he also danied. Then, I asked him this and I quoate; "can you please be human and honest and explain what is going on and whether or not I will get my website back. Cirtex have to understand that I also have to give full explantion to my web users why the website is offline."

This was his reply and I quote: "..ok here it is...The Goofy server was hacked by some one and got a root access. He deleted many user account and all the server back logs. Also he corrupted the raid level partition. We immediately changed the firewall suite settings and stopped from further affecting the server....Now we are trying to make the RAID work again thats why the down time is". I have saved the chat text and may be produced in case of any dispute.

I asked him why then his colleague denied that the server was not hacked whilst in fact it was. He said he was "not sure about that" as he was from "from tech support". But I chatted with both people on the support line.

I asked the guy if Cirtex could uptate their announcement on the their forum as many customers did not know why it was taking so long resistall the operating sytem. If Cirtex was not to blame for the server hacking or even if it was their own fault, then the best thing was to be honest and let affected cutomers know. I understand may be they did not want to do this to protect their image. But I think most customer would respect a company which is honest to them and frequently update them on how they dealing with problems. My other host always do this. But if you dont and your costomers come to find out that you were covering up then you may end in CHAPTER 11.

On 02-28-2010, 11:42 PM, for the best interest of the affected cutomers, I decided to updated Cirtex forum on what I was told on the Cirtex chat. Apparently, most customers did not know what was going on.

By 03-01-2010, 03:26 AM, still no response from Cirtex on the forum. Whether customers were being updated privately I don't know but my thread generated angry responses from afftected customers.

Still no response by 03-01-2010, 04:15 AM. By 03-01-2010, 04:19 AM, still the forum waiting for update regarding the server maitenance from Cirtex. This time One customer complained that it was two days, and havent get response from Cirtex and was losing money.

By 03-01-2010, 04:45 AM still no response. This time a friend of mine pressing on me to recommed a suitable hosting company for her. I had recommended the three including Cirtex. later I told him to scrap off Cirtex and choose between the remaining two.

Still no response by 03-01-2010, 11:28 AM, but his rep on this forum was busy asking for ticket numbers to investigate after I decided that enough was enough and went public. But not all customers know about this forum. It would have been much better to respond to his/her customers on Cirtex forum. By 03-01-2010, 01:53 PM still Cirtex has not turn up to it own forum.

By 03-01-2010, 02:09 PM, no response. By 03-01-2010, 03:22 PM customers are getting desparate due to lack of any update on the forum. Still no response by 03-01-2010, 03:32 PM. Customers now starting seeking advice from others what to do. All these are on Cirtex private forum. Why they decide to made it private, I don't know.

Its getting 03-01-2010, 04:04 PM still no response from Cirtex. Still no response by 03-01-2010, 04:30 PM. One customer posted this and I quote: "I did when this all first started, and not only does it take a day or so for them to respond, but when they do, all the responses are vague and generic! They don't really address my specific questions, you know? I just made a NEW ticket! Cirtex... please step in here and update us all! "

By 03-01-2010, 10:50 PM, no update despite the above customer begging them to respond. But by this time I receive an email from Cirtex after asking for refund and to close my account immediately. The email said and I quote:

"Sorry for the inconvenience caused and we will work with you to resolve this to the best of our abilities and also if you wish we will arrange for compensate/credit/refund regarding this after we resolve this.

We sincerely apologize to inform you that all the contents of your domain got lost because of this server issue and restoring your account for the backup also failed.

Hence I am forwarding this ticket to our billing department, who will be able to assist you further regarding refund/credit that you required. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

We have some critical issue in the server because of which few of the accounts were corrupted and yours being one of them unfortunately."

Not sure if the sender knew that I already knew the sever has been hacked.

But still no update was made on their forum on this. So, I decided to paste the email on the forum at least to let the customers know.

By 03-02-2010, 02:47 AM, still no update on their forum. One customer going crazy saying and I quote: "They don't even tell me if my account is lost. They tell me that they are trying to resolve this issue quickly, but don't know how much data is lost and stuff like that.Very bad customer service in my opinion!"

Still no update on their forum by the time I am writing this post. But their rep has been very active here. If you post something bad here Cirtex will reply within minutes like they will to this post. But if you post on their own forum the wont bother. Its private forum anyway, so the public won.t see.

People can blame me but I just wanted to expose an exaple of a very bad customer services from some hosting companies. But I am sure not all hosting companies are like that. They are very good hosting companies with very good customer services.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    it was an issue that did not cause downtime for servers but affected certain clients on the server, and for pre-cautions we then reinstalled server os modules.
    How do you describe affected without server being down as the OP pointed out his website has been down for long?

Hi,

The affected server not down as said earlier, there were around 10-15 affected customers down due to data loss due to the exploit used had affected data of some users on server.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bentink View Post
    How do you describe affected without server being down as the OP pointed out his website has been down for long?
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    Hi,

The affected server not down as said earlier, there were around 10-15 affected customers down due to data loss due to the exploit used had affected data of some users on server.

Cheers
    Hi,

Thanks you your explanation.

Customers do not have a way to check if the main server is down.

If the customers account got deleted/corrupted/hacked or if his website is not opening, he would consider that to be downtime, though the main server may be powered on.

If the customers account got deleted/corrupted/hacked or if his website is not opening, he would consider that to be downtime, though the main server may be powered on.
    He/She would not have to make assumptions or consider it if there was accurate information sent to them or a place they could get access to like:- Twitter, Facebook, Company Blog, MySpace, WebhostingTalk or other forms of social communications to where they could see precisely the problem.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    He/She would not have to make assumptions or consider it if there was accurate information sent to them or a place they could get access to like:- Twitter, Facebook, Company Blog, MySpace, WebhostingTalk or other forms of social communications to where they could see precisely the problem.
    If his account got deleted by a hacker, it is as good for him as the server being down

If his account got deleted by a hacker, it is as good for him as the server being down
    You totally missed and re-interpreted what I said. I never said anything about a hacker, I was talking about communications between a webhost and a client and where interactions can be made to where in a situation that an account/server was hacked and downtime occurred they could get easy and accurate/reliable information via a third party site.

Why would it be good for the customer that his account be deleted by a hacker?
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

I agree, thank you for pointing that out.
    The server was not down but affected customers were, very true.

Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by bentink View Post
    Hi,

Thanks you your explanation.

Customers do not have a way to check if the main server is down.

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    You totally missed and re-interpreted what I said. I never said anything about a hacker, I was talking about communications between a webhost and a client and where interactions can be made to where in a situation that an account/server was hacked and downtime occurred they could get easy and accurate/reliable information via a third party site.

Why would it be good for the customer that his account be deleted by a hacker?

It is not clear what third party site you are talking of.

Some mention it was posted on Citrex forum but later they deleted the post. Citrex website was not hacked, that they had no way to inform the client or they need a third party site.

Correct me if I misinterpreted it. I could not fully understand what you said.

(English is not my first language )

I testhim previous very poorly
    Once they have a problem in sever and went back up before recovering by 4 days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12