Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

cirtexhosting... don't choose them

I am with cirtexhosting for 3 months.So many downtimes.I am still there because i am hosting some small and non-critical websites there.

BUT,All my site are down from 4 days because of their server crash.No response from them .Only one reply to my support ticket 2 days back.

The message is "Our admins are looking into it."

No reply after that for my mails.

Please don't choose them.

What site is it that you host(ed) with them?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,800 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    What site is it that you host(ed) with them?
    Atleast the last one site given in his signature has name servers of cirtex. And it seems to be down also.

@OP: You can try a PM to cirtex representative.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=31450
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Ah, I thought about looking at the signature links but I sort of assumed they already moved their sites to another provider
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,800 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Ah, I thought about looking at the signature links but I sort of assumed they already moved their sites to another provider
    It can happen Mike. We all miss things sometimes, no problem .
    Matt A.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post

This is the best you can do really.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post

I'll try sending a PM.

Their support is very bad.Still i didn't get any reply from them.

Quote Originally Posted by pvakr View Post
    I'll try sending a PM.

Their support is very bad.Still i didn't get any reply from them.
    Okay let us know the status. Wish you the very best to get this sorted out soon.
    Matt A.

Hi

We do not have any servers down over the past week, I will investigate this for you and make sure it is resolved and see which staff handled the situation that it has been delayed for so long.

I have received your private message and will communicate with you through it until issue is resolved.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Cheers

I am with cirtexhosting for 3 months.So many downtimes.I am still there because i am hosting some small and non-critical websites there.

BUT,All my site are down from 4 days because of their server crash.No response from them .Only one reply to my support ticket 2 days back.

The message is "Our admins are looking into it."

No reply after that for my mails.

Please don't choose them.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

update.

They created other account for me after contacting cirtex @ WHT.

No backup.They told their backup server is also crashed.

update.

This is why, clients should always maintain their own backups. Learn a lesson from this and move on.

By the way, what exactly happened? Did their server crash? As Cirtex said in the previous post: "We do not have any servers down over the past week"...
    HighLayer - Canadian Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Latest cPanel/WHM - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 24/7 Support
    Visit www.highlayer.com or Call 1-888-84-LAYER

update.

Hi

Please check your private message inbox, I have made update.

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams

Quote Originally Posted by HighLayer View Post
    This is why, clients should always maintain their own backups. Learn a lesson from this and move on.
    No, don't just move on. Leave them now. They advertised backups for you and then couldn't follow through. I find soooo many hosting companies using the "corrupted" excuse too often nowadays.

Go find a host that actually cares.

I was with Cirtex / HostV for a bit. I got the same impression you did.

If only their service was as good as their PR rep. here

Quote Originally Posted by HighLayer View Post

By the way, what exactly happened? Did their server crash? As Cirtex said in the previous post: "We do not have any servers down over the past week"...
    I agree with you about the back up's

Regarding the lost data im also interested.
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Backups are last resort. I agree that companies shouldn't advertise them as big unless they have a full proof system which includes of atleast 3 backups at atleast 2 different locations. simi-regularly.

I mean a backup hard drive on the server (for when clients mess up) A backup server in a different dc (incase the orgional server crashes. And a local backup that is taken weekly thru an external hd.
    Andrew Anderson
    Sales Manager
    NerdyHost.com

Just because they advertise they do backups you should also have your own just in case you never know.
    Hey Mikey likes it!

Even own backup wont help

I need to clarify something here because I am one of those affected. Even if I have backup I cannot restore my website because the CPanel is not even accessible. Now tell me how are going to do the back up? The fact is that there servers have been hacked. Cirtex need to hoenstly accept this and update the affected customers instead of asking for ticket number to investigate the issue. Three days have now passed and the their representative is pretending here as if they have heard this for the first time. We have posted numerous posts on their forum but not response. The fact is that the servers were hacked and people at cirtex need to be human and honest and explain this to the affacted customers instead of keep saying we will investigate. 2011 will come and you are still investigating
    Last edited by LAPPPT; 03-01-2010 at 07:50 AM. Reason: editing

Strange that a company like Cirtex would deny anything is wrong. Or maybe the rep here is unaware. Either way it doesn't bode well. Hosts often learn the hard way about backups. You can have a system in place but if you don't test it then the chances are it won't perform in the intended way when you have a complete server meltdown. And that's peaking from harsh experience.

RAID 10 and Remote backups. It's the only way to ensure you are fully insulated from complete data loss. It's just expensive but believe me, you don't want to go through the nightmarte of a total server meltdown, inaccessible backup and a $5,000 bill for a complex data restoration proceedure.

Good luck to Cirtex and Cirtex clients alike.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

It's just expensive but believe me, you don't want to go through the nightmarte of a total server meltdown, inaccessible backup and a $5,000 bill for a complex data restoration proceedure.
    I recall that incident, but I doubt that too many hosts would go that route. It's probably more cost effective to simply try your best to retain the customers that want to stay (give them a special offer etc.), and say good bye to the rest. At least that's how I've seen this thing usually played out.

Hi my friend,

We are trying our best to help you but after all your post and this one, I still do not see TICKET ID, there is no way we can identify you, and leads me to believe you are not looking for help...but simply to tarnish our brand image?

As I mentioned earlier, the security issue was ONE server specific unfortunately due to security exploit and an fraudulent customer signing up and gaining access through it. It is our fault for missing this, however only few (10-15) customers on the said server was affected along with their backup data, and we truly apologize for this.

We will send full refund and free credit if you wish, please contact billing, otherwise we will work towards helping you to restore all possible data t this point.

Thank you again for choosing Cirtex

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by LAPPPT View Post
    I need to clarify something here because I am one of those affected. Even if I have backup I cannot restore my website because the CPanel is not even accessible. Now tell me how are going to do the back up? The fact is that there servers have been hacked. Cirtex need to hoenstly accept this and update the affected customers instead of asking for ticket number to investigate the issue. Three days have now passed and the their representative is pretending here as if they have heard this for the first time. We have posted numerous posts on their forum but not response. The fact is that the servers were hacked and people at cirtex need to be human and honest and explain this to the affacted customers instead of keep saying we will investigate. 2011 will come and you are still investigating

I sent numerous tickets through the Cirtex normal procedure and also made several posts on their forum requesting updates, but did not receive response. Even now there is no update on the initial post they put on their forum.

Due to this we decided to go public and they are quick to respond asking for ticket number pretending to the public that they care. This is a public place and you do not need my ticket number to identify me. You couldnt identify for all the tickets and sent? You could identify me even in your own forum?

For your information I did not come to this forum to seek your help. I sought support through sending numerous tickets and posting on your private forum but you did not care. So, I decided to come here to show the public about your action. If Cirtex did really wanted to help they should have responded to my tickets and the post I posted on their form.

I am not here to tarnish your brand because your brand was already tarnished anyway. The post in this forum and others speaks for themselves. How can one tarnish a tarnished brand?

And this statement speaks for itself: "It is our fault for missing this, however only few (10-15) customers on the said server was affected along with their backup data.." This just shows how discriminatory Cirtex are. Because only 10-15 customers were affected by Cirtex own negligence, then you didnt bother until they went public.

My best advice is for you to respond to the posts posted by your own customers on your forum instead of trying to protect unprotective image like a politician. You are a hosting company, for God sake, not a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    Hi my friend,

We are trying our best to help you but after all your post and this one, I still do not see TICKET ID, there is no way we can identify you, and leads me to believe you are not looking for help...but simply to tarnish our brand image?

As I mentioned earlier, the security issue was ONE server specific unfortunately due to security exploit and an fraudulent customer signing up and gaining access through it. It is our fault for missing this, however only few (10-15) customers on the said server was affected along with their backup data, and we truly apologize for this.

We will send full refund and free credit if you wish, please contact billing, otherwise we will work towards helping you to restore all possible data t this point.

Thank you again for choosing Cirtex

Cheers

Why can't you provide the ticket number so the company in question can investigate and update us?

It's not fair to only hear one side of the story.

Hi

We do respond to posts on our forums..along with our helpdesk.
    Again, I need to know your ticket ID, or please private message me here if you feel more comfortable that way. We can give you a call if needed.

Our goal is to resolve your issues and we've been helping our customers since 2003 for over 7 years now. Please note we're here to help.

I will wait for your ticket id // account info, again sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers

I sent numerous tickets through the Cirtex normal procedure and also made several posts on their forum requesting updates, but did not receive response. Even now there is no update on the initial post they put on their forum.

Due to this we decided to go public and they are quick to respond asking for ticket number pretending to the public that they care. This is a public place and you do not need my ticket number to identify me. You couldnt identify for all the tickets and sent? You could identify me even in your own forum?

For your information I did not come to this forum to seek your help. I sought support through sending numerous tickets and posting on your private forum but you did not care. So, I decided to come here to show the public about your action. If Cirtex did really wanted to help they should have responded to my tickets and the post I posted on their form.

I am not here to tarnish your brand because your brand was already tarnished anyway. The post in this forum and others speaks for themselves. How can one tarnish a tarnished brand?

And this statement speaks for itself: "It is our fault for missing this, however only few (10-15) customers on the said server was affected along with their backup data.." This just shows how discriminatory Cirtex are. Because only 10-15 customers were affected by Cirtex own negligence, then you didnt bother until they went public.

My best advice is for you to respond to the posts posted by your own customers on your forum instead of trying to protect unprotective image like a politician. You are a hosting company, for God sake, not a politician.

You could identify me even in your own forum?
    Do you use the same username there too?

I cant believe you just said you do responds post in your forums. Can please make that forum public let people go there and see thet response you said you made? Or do you want me to disclose my username and password of that forum to the public so they can see if there is any response from Cirtex on our queries regarding the sever which which was hacked.

May be I should briefly explain what happened. On 02-27-2010, 07:19 PM, Cirtex posted on their forum about GOOFY Urgent Server Maintenance. They said they would be taking server GOOFY offline later on that night around midnight US EST to perform urgent maintenance. They further stated that estimated downtime would be around 4-6 hours as they were reinstalling the entire server and restore from system backup.

However,by 02-28-2010, 04:08 AM, our webistes were still down and there was no update from Cirtex about this. By 02-28-2010, 10:39 AM, still no response on their forum. As a result, I decided to post a thread in their forum as I was not receiving any response from my tickets.

Earlier, before the server was hacked, I had made a formal complaint about, among other things their poor customer service, my website being down most of the time and unexpected changes that occurred on my website's temporary folder path and log. Few hours my webisite went down. Whether by that time I sent my formal complain, the hacker had already managed to get access to the server, I don't know.

Just three hours ago I receive a response saying that my complaint "has been done" and requesting me to "ask moderator to lock thread as resolved.. So far, I have not yet received a formal respose from Cirtex Complaint Department, though I specifically stated my complain to be sent to that department or if they dont have one, then to a designated person dealing with complaints.

Back to their forum. By 02-28-2010, 03:38 PM, no update from Cirtex yet regarding the server. But by this time I managed to get someone on Cirtex chat and informed him that I strongly believed that something terrible might have gone wrong with the server and that it was better for Cirtex to be human and honest and inform the affected people instead of keeping them in the dark.

This would have enabled the affected people to take appropriate action including looking for a temporary hosting whilst the matter is being resolved. The guy strongly danied that the server was hacked and that everything would be fine in few hours as they were just reintalling the operating syetem.

I am not a computer expert but by just using common sense
    one could easily come to a conclusion that something was wrong. But what made me and probably other customers angry was the fact that Cirtex was not saying anything.

Few hours later I managed catch another guy on Cirtex chat. I asked if the server was hacked but he also danied. Then, I asked him this and I quoate; "can you please be human and honest and explain what is going on and whether or not I will get my website back. Cirtex have to understand that I also have to give full explantion to my web users why the website is offline."

This was his reply and I quote: "..ok here it is...The Goofy server was hacked by some one and got a root access. He deleted many user account and all the server back logs. Also he corrupted the raid level partition. We immediately changed the firewall suite settings and stopped from further affecting the server....Now we are trying to make the RAID work again thats why the down time is". I have saved the chat text and may be produced in case of any dispute.

I asked him why then his colleague denied that the server was not hacked whilst in fact it was. He said he was "not sure about that" as he was from "from tech support". But I chatted with both people on the support line.

I asked the guy if Cirtex could uptate their announcement on the their forum as many customers did not know why it was taking so long resistall the operating sytem. If Cirtex was not to blame for the server hacking or even if it was their own fault, then the best thing was to be honest and let affected cutomers know. I understand may be they did not want to do this to protect their image. But I think most customer would respect a company which is honest to them and frequently update them on how they dealing with problems. My other host always do this. But if you dont and your costomers come to find out that you were covering up then you may end in CHAPTER 11.

On 02-28-2010, 11:42 PM, for the best interest of the affected cutomers, I decided to updated Cirtex forum on what I was told on the Cirtex chat. Apparently, most customers did not know what was going on.

By 03-01-2010, 03:26 AM, still no response from Cirtex on the forum. Whether customers were being updated privately I don't know but my thread generated angry responses from afftected customers.

Still no response by 03-01-2010, 04:15 AM. By 03-01-2010, 04:19 AM, still the forum waiting for update regarding the server maitenance from Cirtex. This time One customer complained that it was two days, and havent get response from Cirtex and was losing money.

By 03-01-2010, 04:45 AM still no response. This time a friend of mine pressing on me to recommed a suitable hosting company for her. I had recommended the three including Cirtex. later I told him to scrap off Cirtex and choose between the remaining two.

Still no response by 03-01-2010, 11:28 AM, but his rep on this forum was busy asking for ticket numbers to investigate after I decided that enough was enough and went public. But not all customers know about this forum. It would have been much better to respond to his/her customers on Cirtex forum. By 03-01-2010, 01:53 PM still Cirtex has not turn up to it own forum.

By 03-01-2010, 02:09 PM, no response. By 03-01-2010, 03:22 PM customers are getting desparate due to lack of any update on the forum. Still no response by 03-01-2010, 03:32 PM. Customers now starting seeking advice from others what to do. All these are on Cirtex private forum. Why they decide to made it private, I don't know.

Its getting 03-01-2010, 04:04 PM still no response from Cirtex. Still no response by 03-01-2010, 04:30 PM. One customer posted this and I quote: "I did when this all first started, and not only does it take a day or so for them to respond, but when they do, all the responses are vague and generic! They don't really address my specific questions, you know? I just made a NEW ticket! Cirtex... please step in here and update us all! "

By 03-01-2010, 10:50 PM, no update despite the above customer begging them to respond. But by this time I receive an email from Cirtex after asking for refund and to close my account immediately. The email said and I quote:

"Sorry for the inconvenience caused and we will work with you to resolve this to the best of our abilities and also if you wish we will arrange for compensate/credit/refund regarding this after we resolve this.

We sincerely apologize to inform you that all the contents of your domain got lost because of this server issue and restoring your account for the backup also failed.

Hence I am forwarding this ticket to our billing department, who will be able to assist you further regarding refund/credit that you required. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

We have some critical issue in the server because of which few of the accounts were corrupted and yours being one of them unfortunately."

Not sure if the sender knew that I already knew the sever has been hacked.

But still no update was made on their forum on this. So, I decided to paste the email on the forum at least to let the customers know.

By 03-02-2010, 02:47 AM, still no update on their forum. One customer going crazy saying and I quote: "They don't even tell me if my account is lost. They tell me that they are trying to resolve this issue quickly, but don't know how much data is lost and stuff like that.Very bad customer service in my opinion!"

Still no update on their forum by the time I am writing this post. But their rep has been very active here. If you post something bad here Cirtex will reply within minutes like they will to this post. But if you post on their own forum the wont bother. Its private forum anyway, so the public won.t see.

People can blame me but I just wanted to expose an exaple of a very bad customer services from some hosting companies. But I am sure not all hosting companies are like that. They are very good hosting companies with very good customer services.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    Hi

We do respond to posts on our forums..along with our helpdesk.
    Again, I need to know your ticket ID, or please private message me here if you feel more comfortable that way. We can give you a call if needed.

Our goal is to resolve your issues and we've been helping our customers since 2003 for over 7 years now. Please note we're here to help.

I will wait for your ticket id // account info, again sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast