hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Security and Technology : OpenVZ and vePortal, main IP doesnt work

Forum Jump

OpenVZ and vePortal, main IP doesnt work

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Security and Technology Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

Question

OpenVZ and vePortal, main IP doesnt work

I have a spare server which I haven't used for a while (and still paying for!) so I decided to give openvz a try.

Everything is running fine apart from when I create a new account, the main IP doesn't function ie. unable to access ssh/site etc. Strange thing is if I assign another (secondary) IP that one works fine!

Any ideas?

Thanks
PS. basic install, no firewalls etc yet.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Right then, I've just manually created a VPS account and it works, so its something to do with vePortal.

I've probably missed something out config wise but I just cant find it!

Old
WHT Addict

Just FYI Try using the helpdesk, It's very active and staff usually have answers to you in no time at all.

Account Provisioning isn't something im very familiar with so i wont be able to help you here, Ask on our Forums or submit a ticket

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW-Donna View Post
Just FYI Try using the helpdesk, It's very active and staff usually have answers to you in no time at all.

Account Provisioning isn't something im very familiar with so i wont be able to help you here, Ask on our Forums or submit a ticket
Just fixed it now, looks like a bug.

1. Created new account with 2 IP's
2. Removed main IP
3. Assigned new IP to VPS account

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP560 View Post
Just fixed it now, looks like a bug.

1. Created new account with 2 IP's
2. Removed main IP
3. Assigned new IP to VPS account
Please respond to my reply on our forums at veportal.com. I think that this is more of an issue with openVZ, however, in the mean time you should open a ticket in our bug tracker.