Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Manlius.com - Should i go - user feedback?

My host now - host culture.com is great! but Manlius's reseller plans seem even better for 1$ more a month, and they will have Cpanel online soon..

Just curious if i should do the switch?

I could offer paid hosting and host my site at the same time
    Don't look for a way out.

I take it you've conducted a search for them?
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Yes, all good feedback as i have seen, searching for more

If you're happy with HostCulture, why change?

Remember you get what you pay for- just because a competitor's plans may be cheaper, it doesn't mean they are better...
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

I'm very intrested in reselling.

Take a look at the Reseller Forum here on WHT. And you'll find some great testimonials and reviews from customers.

http://www.bulkreseller.com is run by the same people that run HostCulture I believe.

Why did I see a "Free Satellite TV System" ad when visiting the Manlius.com website?

Originally posted by Synthetic
    Why did I see a "Free Satellite TV System" ad when visiting the Manlius.com website?
    They are rotating Commission Junction affiliate ads.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Does hosting not bring enough revenue in for them?

Originally posted by voxtreme-matt
    Does hosting not bring enough revenue in for them?
    What, exactly, is "enough"?

Is Manlius being overwhelmed? A little over a week ago, shortly after they advertised reseller pricing, I went to check out the reseller packages to find they were all put on hold and not accepting new resellers until the new servers were installed. I made an inquiry regarding some hosting, got a response, emailed them back and after a week, no response so I called them. Every time I've called them, I've gotten voicemail everytime. I've never gotten a live person. Surely with all of the departments listed on the voicemail selection, someone would be available. Last time I called, I left them a voicemail message, and they finally answered my email. Is this normal business for them?

This is one of the reasons I left my reseller host. They were evidentially overwhelmed during some server problems with their host and did the same thing when they quit taking calls and handled everything through their helpdesk. This is why responses to simple questions would sometimes take days to answer.

Manlius is my here lol

But, seriously, I had them a few months back, and they were excellet, i only had them about a month, i was just getting into reselling, and decided on a partnership with h*ostdream.com, since they were cheaper and offering to sponser my design company. After many outages, i just contact them to get back with them. I should be hooked up real soon. As far as being overwhelmed, i cant speak for there side, but it seems that they got a bogus deal on some cpanel servers, but i dont know the full storie so dont quote me. The company that they were going to go through for them jacked up the price at the last second, or something to that effect.

The lowdown. I am not a expert, but i would highly recommend them to anybody who asked.

I really can't complain about manlius.. they have good support and very good pricing.. I hope that they'll make the move-over to cPanel and WHM free or I think they'll lose a lot of customers..

Don't go with Manlius right now. Their reseller server Sagittarius has been down everyday for the past 2 weeks. It's down today for 5 hrs and still not up. Ever since they let go of Matt, their customer services have disappeared.

I too had difficulty reaching them through email. I had to send an email twice to get a response from them. They were vague in answering my questions and didn't even answer quite a few of them.

On their forum, one of their support told a customer to quit asking questions about their cpanel because it was taking time away from setting up the cpanel server. I think they announced that they were simply going to ignore those sorts of questions.

Something about their responses rubbed me the wrong way.

I was wrong i think

Well i thought the world of manlius.com, but now i dont know. I had been a customer before, and decided to go back, called up they called me back within a hour or so, and asked when they would offer reseller packages again, they said at the end of this week, so i talked to him for awhile. The next day, i said, well lets see if i can get them to sign me up today. I called and they said yeah, we will sign you up for a reseller package by this evening. Evening came and went with no response from them. The next day(today) i left a message and they emailed me telling me to signup on the shared hosting, because the did not have my info no more. Did that, no more emails from them, called, still no email. I emailed them a couple of times asking questions about there bandwidth price(in case i went over). NOTHING! so i found a new provider. Called them and told them to forget it. I see that they are now not signing people up till the first of the year. As far as there server being down, from what the guy i talked to the first time said, they were haviing memory problems and the data center did not want to swith the chips, and they were going to move all the customers to a new server. But i dont know. This is my overall conclusion, they are not what i though they were, or they just changed. Sorry manlius, but i won't recommend you to anybody no more And i am begining to think of them down there with h*stdream.com.

But that is just this persons one experince.

can someone from malius comment on this?
    Coming soon.

I dont know if i was just being impaitent, but they got really mad, they finally setup my account yesterday, after i called and told them that i didn't need it no more. They took too long, and i need/wanted my acount asap. But they sent me this:

"We went out of our way to allow you to have this before we opened back
    up reseller services.
    Do not return to us again, you have run out of chance to have us as a
    hosting provider.

When you next one fails find someone else."

I am sorry too all the people at manlius, but if you would have checked your voice mail, you would have known the day before you finally setup the account, that i found somebody else.

I dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing that you are not taking customers right now, but i know when business calls, i am prepared to take extra steps to make sure the customer is happy. But I WILL say that i never had a downtime with manlius, and when the smoke clears, i sure hope that they are still around. I understand when a host has problems. But they acted like i was a top priority, but treated me like a low priority windows task(little unfunny humor huh?). Anyways, Sorry for taking so much space in your thread, but though you might want to know the full experince i got from them.

If you look at http://www.manlius.com/serverstatus/ right now, the Sagittarius server is down, and it's down since last night, a 1-2 hrs scheduled memory check turns into a 9hrs+ downtime.

this is too much.. my site has been down all day. i wouldn't sign up with manlius, till they have their sh*t together if I were you..
    Coming soon.

ok, i need a new reseller.. manlius didn't warn me or anything, they don't even care to respond to emails.. this looked like a really good reseller at a really price, but an outage of 12h and counting is just UNACCEPTABLE!
    Coming soon.

I recently signed up (5 weeks ago), and just go my sites transfered over this week. They have been down most of this week. I am not happy. I submitted a ticket, and 12 hours later they closed the ticket, with no response. The server was back up by then, but there was no indication what the problem was. The server then went back down again 12 hours later. I guess you get what you pay for. If there was a little more communication I would probably be more patient, but as it stands, I have no idea if my sites will ever be back up. This shows a total lack of regard of the customers sites. I NEED my site to be up, and when it is down, I am losing business. Perhaps they are a host that is better suited for N'Sync fan web sites, rather than actual commerce sites. Thank god I didn't resell any accounts yet.

exactly. if they charge me for this month (the uptime was right next to zero) i will change over. it doesn't mather what you pay for, that's just not how you do business.
    Coming soon.

We currently have 5 servers, our Sagittarius server has had some issues over the past few weeks. We have been fighting with RackShack to test out the memory, they finally did and replaced it at 2 am on the 6th of dec, the server has not come back online.

When we ask RS about it, we are told they don't know why it won't boot now since they swapped the memory, they are refusing to try any logical tests, like a different memory strip, move the drive to another box to see if it boots, etc.... they only keep offering to restore the server, which means all data on the server will be lost.

As for those who say their emails are not being answer, make sure you are emailing your questions to the right address, our support techs are not going to answer a presales question. In addition check our site before asking questions that are already answered there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast