Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gofishch View Post
    I appreciate you advice and believe me I doubt seriously if this will ever happen to me again. But I would like to point out and maybe I have not been clear.

Cirtex has hardware issues that caused corrupted backup no matter how it was created and R1soft specifically said they warned Cirtex previously and those warnings where ignored. I contacted R1soft and even though they would not discuss it in detail they told me they had warned Cirtex. If you follow what Cirtex said they could not even recover from their own in house backups. And what they did recover was not as current as mine own backup, theirs is much older, but corrupt none the less it is missing data and files.

It is also not my intent to attack, I only presented facts. Thus far Cirtex has responded faster and more often in Public than in their own support tickets. I am still waiting on an answer to the ticket I submitted last night over 12 hours ago. While at the same time Cirtex is responding in an outside forum. It seems what they want is for everybody affected to fix the problem Cirtex created, and the strategy is to ignore you in their support system until you either solve for yourself or go away.

FYI the corruption does not rear its ugly head until you need to restore it. So how would one go about checking their backups. Any input on that would be appreciated, I am not as technically savvy as most here, I am sure.
    Cirtex should clarify this, emphasis mine.
    They mentioned their backups were monitored, and the emphasized statement directly contradicts that, aka accusation of lying.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tsj5j View Post
    Cirtex should clarify this, emphasis mine.
    They mentioned their backups were monitored, and the emphasized statement directly contradicts that, aka accusation of lying.
    I will clarify and try not to get into word semantics

1) I did weekly backups of my VPS via WHM

2) I had those backups FTP to a remote sever I own not hosted by Cirtex (outside)

3) The Last Backup I took Via WHM Is Exactly 7 days prior to this incident. Node 16 went down on Feb 4, My remotely stored, WHM created backup is from Jan 29, It is corrupted.

4) Cirtex never did any restoration they simply placed a file called xxxx.bak on a new VPS that they finally created 14 days later that took me 3 days to get them to make function correctly. That xxxx.bak is at least 45 days old it is corrupt and missing data and flies, that would be the reason it was not actually restored.

5) Since there is at least a 45 day different time frame and coruption and missing data files in what they call a backup (xxxx.bak) and my WHM backup, they either did not monitor or ignored a problem. That is not an accusation that is a it fact.

6) I do not have access to hardware on my VPS so I would have no way to monitor any backup I created for hardware issues, That is what Cirtex is responible for.

I have been gracious enough to continue with Cirtex and try to work through the problems and as I posted earlier Cirtex Forced Me Here by being unresponsive to their support system as I am still waiting for a reply to the ticket I updated Last night now over 13 hours and counting
    Last edited by gofishch; 02-18-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: spelling
      0 Not allowed!

I am reserving any further comment while I wait for Cirtex to keep their word in a PM sent to me. After which I will inform of the outcome
      0 Not allowed!

All im saying now I am so glad that I never went to HostV and decided to go to a more reliable host.
      0 Not allowed!

How does HostV explain the two month old backups when this is clearly stated on your web page under the features tab.

"ServerSnapShot automatically backs up each server & hosting account fully on a daily basis with multiple restore points. The backups are then compressed, encrypted and stored securely in physically separate backup storage "
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

The NODE-16 backups was not 2 months old. It was taken day or 1.5 days before the NODE-16 went offline.

Please read my previous detailed response.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by icydude View Post
    How does HostV explain the two month old backups when this is clearly stated on your web page under the features tab.

"ServerSnapShot automatically backs up each server & hosting account fully on a daily basis with multiple restore points. The backups are then compressed, encrypted and stored securely in physically separate backup storage "
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down Cirtex are lying here!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    Hi,

The NODE-16 backups was not 2 months old. It was taken day or 1.5 days before the NODE-16 went offline.

Please read my previous detailed response.

Thank you
    Cirtex, you are lying here!!! Shame on You!!!

I am a custom on Node16 of HostV, The backup which I got from HostV restored for me is over 2 month old. The node is down about 2010-02-04 05:30:06 GMT (I am monitoring all my sites with other service.), All access logs from the backup of all my sites shows that the date is Nov 30, 2009.

Mostly my backup are empty folders over 2 months, No mysql database backup at all, no system folders backup like /usr/local, /root etc...

Before the node16 problem, I have over 20G data on HostV, But from the backup, I have got only 240M data back, Which is almost useless as they were 2 month old.

I have lost 20G images data files, over 1G mysql database, over 50 custom shell scripts, 2 total sites, my configure of mail system mail accounts, webserver and other configures.

I am still busy working on the restore all my site back to net, will be report more when I have more time on this.
      0 Not allowed!

Too bad that you may still see that on HostV, They promise as

http://www.hostv.com/features.shtml
    -----------------------------
    ServerSnapShot Features:
    r1soft, serversnapshot
    Full Daily Backups & Incremental Backups for up to two weeks.
    Multiple restore points from the previous 7 days.
    Restore any file, email, database or even your complete account at anytime by contacting us.
    RAID protected enterprise data storage servers.
    High Performance - ServerSnapShot results in minimal performance impact during daily backups.
    Bare-Metal Disaster Recovery: Restore servers directly from disk-based backup.
    End-To-End Strong Encryption of Backups.
    Backups are compressed and stored securely in physically separate backup storage servers
    -----------------------------
    Last edited by wqmeng; 02-21-2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: add link
      0 Not allowed!

And more,

HostV never tell you about their maintenance of your server, No emails notice at all, I have known that they maintenance the Node 16 after about 12 hours my site down time with submitted a ticket. The reply of tickets is slow too. So you have no chances to make a emergency backup before your server get down at all. From my experience with HostV (over 13 months), I have over 3 times site down caused by HostV maintenance, And I never got any notice from HostV before they perform them.
    Last edited by wqmeng; 02-21-2010 at 10:20 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Wgmeng,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused again, I have sent you a private message please do let me know account info, ticket id so I can look into it more for you.

To clear few things up

1) The last backup in our R1Soft that was SUCCESSFUL Full Backup was dated from 1-2 days before the server went offline. That was the backup we restored, again I am not sure why some files restored were so old, but we were restoring the latest backup !

2) In terms of the extent of the backup restore, there were lots of corruption in the backup disk safe and thus we were not able to recover 100% of the data. We tried our best but most of the 30 or so clients on NODE-16 were affected, some on bigger extent than others.

3) We did make an announcement of the maintenance but as we told all clients we do so via our forums & twitter, and email for scheduled maintenances, to make sure you set your email in billing to your most regular email. Again we apologize for this, but we performed urgent maintenance that night on all of our nodes, and only one went down due to hardware issue during the reboot. IT was expected to be only 10-15min or so downtime max.

We truly apologize for the situation, please see my previous replies, and again we would never lie to our clients and we were also put into this very unfortunate and unlucky situation.

Please do contact me via private message and I'll do my best to compensate for this and issue credit/refund needed.

Thank you again for choosing HostV.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by wqmeng View Post
    Cirtex, you are lying here!!! Shame on You!!!

I am a custom on Node16 of HostV, The backup which I got from HostV restored for me is over 2 month old. The node is down about 2010-02-04 05:30:06 GMT (I am monitoring all my sites with other service.), All access logs from the backup of all my sites shows that the date is Nov 30, 2009.

Mostly my backup are empty folders over 2 months, No mysql database backup at all, no system folders backup like /usr/local, /root etc...

Before the node16 problem, I have over 20G data on HostV, But from the backup, I have got only 240M data back, Which is almost useless as they were 2 month old.

I have lost 20G images data files, over 1G mysql database, over 50 custom shell scripts, 2 total sites, my configure of mail system mail accounts, webserver and other configures.

I am still busy working on the restore all my site back to net, will be report more when I have more time on this.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
      0 Not allowed!

The best way (to the customer): Backup your data regularly on a good quality DVD or a Blu-Ray Disc. There is nothing more reliable than that.
      0 Not allowed!

I have sent you my ticket id, though I have been told that HostV not able to restore my data On Feb,15 2010. Hope your recent restore work may help me get my data back.

thanks

Hi Wgmeng,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused again, I have sent you a private message please do let me know account info, ticket id so I can look into it more for you.

To clear few things up

1) The last backup in our R1Soft that was SUCCESSFUL Full Backup was dated from 1-2 days before the server went offline. That was the backup we restored, again I am not sure why some files restored were so old, but we were restoring the latest backup !

2) In terms of the extent of the backup restore, there were lots of corruption in the backup disk safe and thus we were not able to recover 100% of the data. We tried our best but most of the 30 or so clients on NODE-16 were affected, some on bigger extent than others.

3) We did make an announcement of the maintenance but as we told all clients we do so via our forums & twitter, and email for scheduled maintenances, to make sure you set your email in billing to your most regular email. Again we apologize for this, but we performed urgent maintenance that night on all of our nodes, and only one went down due to hardware issue during the reboot. IT was expected to be only 10-15min or so downtime max.

We truly apologize for the situation, please see my previous replies, and again we would never lie to our clients and we were also put into this very unfortunate and unlucky situation.

Please do contact me via private message and I'll do my best to compensate for this and issue credit/refund needed.

Thank you again for choosing HostV.

Cheers
      0 Not allowed!

Hi

Will do, as stated previously some clients have had much more data loss, but we did have latest backup from our r1soft when this had happened, just that the restore was not successful which is still under investigation by r1soft and we're testing the system to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Cheers
      0 Not allowed!

After waiting another 24 hours, I get nothing reply to my ticket, Then I pm Cirtex if HostV have any new backup can help me get my data, Cirtex just told me that THEY never have any new backups for their customs, All the craps backup have been recovered, So I just waste another 24 hours with these guys.

And HostV refused to refund the first month of my second year invoice to them, They have promised that as the big crap failure of their vps, they may full refund their custom. But they not refund me the first month, And even the month, my sites also get over full 3 days downtime due to the node 16 failure, almost all my data get lose 16 days later.

Cirtex, HostV only keeping kidding on their forum and here, Now they have deleted the whole thread related this crap vps on their forum.

What's HostV doing is setup a new node after 15 days full downtime, and give their custom a 2 month old crap backup!!!

WTF!
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Sir

Our backup was up to date but the restoring of the data failed, and we tried again to do restore for your account but due to the corruption in backup data, it wasn't possible.

Please note your one year payment has been refunded already via Paypal on 2/15/2010

Another refund has been sent for your monthly payment.

Feb 24, 2010 Refund To ******* Completed Details -$39.99 $1.58 -$38.41 USD

and

Feb 15, 2010 Refund To ******* Completed Details -$439.89 $14.08 -$425.81 USD

Again we apologize for this inconvenience caused, and thank you for your understanding and patience in this situation.

Cheers

After waiting another 24 hours, I get nothing reply to my ticket, Then I pm Cirtex if HostV have any new backup can help me get my data, Cirtex just told me that THEY never have any new backups for their customs, All the craps backup have been recovered, So I just waste another 24 hours with these guys.

And HostV refused to refund the first month of my second year invoice to them, They have promised that as the big crap failure of their vps, they may full refund their custom. But they not refund me the first month, And even the month, my sites also get over full 3 days downtime due to the node 16 failure, almost all my data get lose 16 days later.

Cirtex, HostV only keeping kidding on their forum and here, Now they have deleted the whole thread related this crap vps on their forum.

What's HostV doing is setup a new node after 15 days full downtime, and give their custom a 2 month old crap backup!!!

WTF!
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down

Hi Sir

Our backup was up to date but the restoring of the data failed, and we tried again to do restore for your account but due to the corruption in backup data, it wasn't possible.

Please note your one year payment has been refunded already via Paypal on 2/15/2010

and

Again we apologize for this inconvenience caused, and thank you for your understanding and patience in this situation.

Cheers
    I requested over 3 times from Feb 15 and waiting over 1 week and finally got the full refund, that's nice. But I don't think hostv will refund me if I am not requested so many times.
      0 Not allowed!

I requested over 3 times from Feb 15 and waiting over 1 week and finally got the full refund, that's nice. But I don't think hostv will refund me if I am not requested so many times.
    Hi

The refund was made on 15th and after. We process all refunds within 48 hours, there is no reason we wouldn't process a refund.

AS we said, all customers affected this will be refunded or credited on request and we stand by our words

Cheers
      0 Not allowed!

Now they have deleted the whole thread related this crap vps on their forum.
    It is probably not a good idea to delete such.
      0 Not allowed!

and

What were the billing cycles of the respective payments?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bentink View Post
    What were the billing cycles of the respective payments?
    Those were yearly and monthly payments I believe.
      0 Not allowed!

Those were yearly and monthly payments I believe.
    I mean period, because I am confused why will someone pay yearly and then pay for a month again (because he had already paid for the year).
      0 Not allowed!

I mean period, because I am confused why will someone pay yearly and then pay for a month again because he had already paid for the year.
    Hi

I believe customer updated billing cycle, I'd have to double check.

Cheers
      0 Not allowed!

Hi

I believe customer updated billing cycle, I'd have to double check.

Cheers
    Still why would a person pay for a whole year and then again pay for 1 month. Or it was the reverse?
      0 Not allowed!

Still why would a person pay for a whole year and then again pay for 1 month. Or it was the reverse?
    I wonder why people do such things..
      0 Not allowed!

Closed by request of the thread starter.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12