I have a sense of what I think I need but since I have not run a flash media server before -- I wanted to get some input:
1Generally it will be used for multi-seated video and audio classes with 10 participants to start.
Generally classes will be 2 hours long once a week. (We will have some weeks with no use and others with a longer use)
2. In 6 months - 1 year numbers should jump to up to 20 participants in these classes
3. If will also be used for podcasting and student audio assignments
4. Although we will create and show Video lessons we have a terrific free hosting solution that allows us to do this at almost no cost remotely so these will not eat our vps resources
We are very non profit
In other words we need as low as possible cost while staying clearly solid and professional.
(Example of my sense what this means-- For hosting I have used Innohosting for my reseller accounts many years now and I am thrilled!)
Since we will start small, and it will be six months before we really launch the classes , and given our initial use ..
1. What rate would you suggest I would use for video? Audio?
2. How much space and bandwidth would I need
3. Would 256 ram burstable to 512 be adequate ..or not so great
4. Would I need more than a 20 gig space /250 gig bandwidth?
Thanks much gang!