great affordable VPS: e-sensibility.com

Hello,

First of all I would like to tell you that I have been with many providers and I worked for some too. I can say I have a little experience in the subject

This review is going to be about e-sensibility.com

I signed up for the entry level VPS + Direct Admin
    It was setup in a matter of hours, I don't recall the exact time but it took less than 4 hours.
    The VPS is set up on a Xen node which guarantees my resources and it has 15K SAS Enterprise SAN Storage so I/O is fast.
    It is semi-managed however I feel it is fully managed. Evey ticket I sent was answered in a matter of minutes and to my satisfaction, no more automatic replies such as "We are looking into it" I always got the right answer in the first response.

e-sensibility do not overload their nodes, before i went with them i was with futurehosting and my vps (equivalent specifications) was almost all the time on high load and a little slow, the the exact same site run smoothly and no high load.

As I said I have been with many providers (knownhost, future hosting, liquidweb, geekstorage, solarvps, among others) and trust me e-sensibility will give you the best quality for your money. try it if you want, they got a nice money back guarantee
    http://e-sensibility.com/moneyback.html

I'll provide extra information if needed, don't hesitate to ask

Thanks for spending time for such a wonderful review. It will help others to know about e-sensibility.com

Hi bdx33,

Thanks for the review. I am, glad to hear that they are treating you well, and hope that they continue to provide the same level of service in the future.

Out of interest, how long have you been with them?

If you have not already, please make sure to submit your domain/IP to the moderators to validate your review. You can do this by clicking the "Report" button at the top right hand side of your post.

Best Regards,
    Ron

Nice review, make sure to keep us posted in the future. I also would like to know how long you've been with them. I have to say it's one of the nice things about some of the smaller providers, you get some really nice personal service. Adding e-Sensibility to my "to try" list.

Thanks for the great review! With smaller hosts that personal touch is definitely an important factor.

bdx33, thank you for the review, first time seeing host offer SAN storage VPS here, would you do a WHT benchmark so we can know how fast the SAN is?

thanks for the review bdx33. would you mind letting us know how long you have been hosted with them?

Quote Originally Posted by sheba59 View Post
    You want me to give my co-workers domain? I think I could get into trouble for that. I will ask him to join this community to verify. I didn't say I used your service personally.

TIA
    The thing is, you were the one that introduced the hearsay factor into it. So it's only right you substantiate what you said if called on it.

Quote Originally Posted by linuxclark View Post
    bdx33, thank you for the review, first time seeing host offer SAN storage VPS here, would you do a WHT benchmark so we can know how fast the SAN is?
    I'm also considering e-sensibility and would like to see a benchmark if possible. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BTCentral - Ron View Post
    Hi bdx33,

Out of interest, how long have you been with them?

If you have not already, please make sure to submit your domain/IP to the moderators to validate your review. You can do this by clicking the "Report" button at the top right hand side of your post.

Best Regards,
    Ron
    I have reported my domain name. I have been with them for a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by linuxclark View Post
    Here is the result:

[admin@dallas bonnie++-1.03e]$ bonnie++ -d /home/*********/bonnie++/TEST
    Writing with putc()...done
    Writing intelligently...done
    Rewriting...done
    Reading with getc()...done
    Reading intelligently...done
    start 'em...done...done...done...
    Create files in sequential order...done.
    Stat files in sequential order...done.
    Delete files in sequential order...done.
    Create files in random order...done.
    Stat files in random order...done.
    Delete files in random order...done.
    Version 1.03e ------Sequential Output------ --Sequential Input- --Random-
    -Per Chr- --Block-- -Rewrite- -Per Chr- --Block-- --Seeks--
    Machine Size K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP /sec %CP
    dallas.tunite 1536M 29415 40 41881 6 16764 0 33478 30 46311 0 535.7 0
    ------Sequential Create------ --------Random Create--------
    -Create-- --Read--- -Delete-- -Create-- --Read--- -Delete--
    files /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP
    16 12266 90 +++++ +++ +++++ +++ 9855 74 +++++ +++ +++++ +++
    dallas.tunitech.net,1536M,29415,40,41881,6,16764,0,33478,30,46311,0,535.7,0,16,12266,90,+++++,+++,+++++,+++,9855,74,+++++,+++,+++++,+++
    [admin@dallas bonnie++-1.03e]$
    [admin@dallas bonnie++-1.03e]$ bonnie++ -d /home/tunitech/public_html/bench/bonnie/bonnie++-1.03e/TEST
    Writing with putc()...done
    Writing intelligently...done
    Rewriting...done
    Reading with getc()...done
    Reading intelligently...done
    start 'em...done...done...done...
    Create files in sequential order...done.
    Stat files in sequential order...done.
    Delete files in sequential order...done.
    Create files in random order...done.
    Stat files in random order...done.
    Delete files in random order...done.
    Version 1.03e ------Sequential Output------ --Sequential Input- --Random-
    -Per Chr- --Block-- -Rewrite- -Per Chr- --Block-- --Seeks--
    Machine Size K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP /sec %CP
    dallas.tunite 1536M 35951 50 41403 6 18118 0 36799 32 51116 0 629.4 0
    ------Sequential Create------ --------Random Create--------
    -Create-- --Read--- -Delete-- -Create-- --Read--- -Delete--
    files /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP
    16 8047 60 +++++ +++ +++++ +++ 9635 72 +++++ +++ +++++ +++
    dallas.tunitech.net,1536M,35951,50,41403,6,18118,0,36799,32,51116,0,629.4,0,16,8047,60,+++++,+++,+++++,+++,9635,72,+++++,+++,+++++,+++

as a customer of e-Sensibility, I can vouch for what bdx33 is reporting. The support and performance is amazing!

0 downtime so far, and with a 100% uptime or you get 2 months credit guarantee, how can you go wrong?

Thanks for the review Glad to hear you happy with them
    - do it your self.

this sounds good for sure... customer serivce is super important.

Hi, First time poster and new reader!
    Next to uptime, Support is the most important thing for me.
    I have been spoiled in the past to have hosts that get back to my requests within 15 minutes of emailing.
    Dreamhost was like that with Salman. He was spectacular.

The e-Sensibility packages seem out of this world. the prices are excellent. What am I missing here? what's the catch? Too good to be true?

Quote Originally Posted by groan View Post
    The e-Sensibility packages seem out of this world. the prices are excellent. What am I missing here? what's the catch? Too good to be true?
    No catch -- we're just trying to offer a superior service at reasonable prices
    Ask me about CloudCentrum (coming soon) -- The complete, turn-key cloud software solution

Wow, if your support is as fast as your posting to my query then I'm in! lol

Quote Originally Posted by e-Sensibility View Post
    No catch -- we're just trying to offer a superior service at reasonable prices
    Great. I'm also considering e-sensibility. I do notice that the price was just adjusted not long ago. Before the price was much higher. I understand for a relatively new company, the plan and price will undergo some changes in the beginning. I'm just curious whether the price will go up again, or the price for current customers is kind of locked in.

Quote Originally Posted by novocaine View Post
    Great. I'm also considering e-sensibility. I do notice that the price was just adjusted not long ago. Before the price was much higher. I understand for a relatively new company, the plan and price will undergo some changes in the beginning. I'm just curious whether the price will go up again, or the price for current customers is kind of locked in.
    We'll never raise our prices on existing services for existing customers. Whatever price you purchase your VM at is the price that you'll get to keep for as long as you're a customer.

Whether or not we'll raise our prices at some point in the future for new customers and services remains to be seen.
    Last edited by e-Sensibility; 02-10-2010 at 07:36 PM.
    Ask me about CloudCentrum (coming soon) -- The complete, turn-key cloud software solution

Quote Originally Posted by novocaine View Post
    This morning I checked e-sensibility web site and I found that all plans come with free backup space, which wasn't the case before, I started a live chat and asked if I can have it too and the answer was, yes at no charges
    simply awesome