Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    Thank you, your feedback is somewhat invaluable to this.

[/LEFT]
    How so when the source only showed AH info?

Sean i have no intentions to argue its just one of those LOL matter's
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com
      0 Not allowed!

How so when the source only showed AH info?

Sean i have no intentions to argue its just one of those LOL matter's
    It was not a full site copy or narrow down, It was more a copy of selected code nothing more and nothing less!

I have removed them accordingly to a no DMCA and I did admit to it being a mistake and would never happen again.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars
      0 Not allowed!

It was not a full site copy or narrow down, It was more a copy of selected code nothing more and nothing less!

I have removed them accordingly to a no DMCA and I did admit to it being a mistake and would never happen again.
    I understand it wasnt a full site copy.. As Payton designed it..

Second i understand you were inspired let's be real who hasnt look at some one else's site and get's inspired?
    I personally have....

But they way you straight took his code was dirty... Im glad you admited doing wrong but being a mistake? Come on you new what you were pasting.

Anyhow good luck.
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com
      0 Not allowed!

But they way you straight took his code was dirty... Im glad you admited doing wrong but being a mistake? Come on you new what you were pasting.

Anyhow good luck.
    It was a mistake that I took it as an inspiration, Yes. When you copy something you do realize what you are doing so I am not sure what your point is?
      0 Not allowed!

----------
    Too long; didn't read, but it looks like the buttons have been removed. Well done for cooperating.
    Sam Asante ~ Web & User Interface Designer ~ SamAsante.com
    World-Class cPanel Themes
    Responsive WHMCS Themes

0 Not allowed!

How can you hotlink unintentionally? That doesn't make any sense. You have to either copy the code directly or type it in. In either case, it's intentional.

You keep downplaying what you did, but you stole code directly from another's site, hotlinking to their graphics, and stealing their bandwidth. That's plain and simple and there's no way that that could be an accident.

Inspiration is one thing. You like a design, you design it from scratch creating your own graphics and buttons and put something similar together using your own code. Stealing code is never acceptable and although it may not be a "complete" rip, it still is a rip that you so often like to police on the forums.

I'm a high-school teacher by trade and I tell my students that it doesn't matter if you copy one line or the whole paper, plagiarism is plagiarism and you cannot copy any portion without quoting it and giving credit where it's due.

It's one thing to download the graphics and upload them to your site (still stealing), but it's a whole lot sneakier to just link directly to the graphics on the other server and steal the bandwidth along with the graphics.

I don't know either of you personally and I'm not making any judgements except for those based on your actions and your refusal to take "full" responsibility without downplaying what you did and saying it was "unintentional". We all screw up from time to time. Admit it without any excuses or downplay and then move on. But trying to make excuses and downplay what actually happened just makes the situation worse and after reading your post, it appears that you did this to spite John because he wouldn't take your business.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.
      0 Not allowed!

It was a mistake that I took it as an inspiration, Yes. When you copy something you do realize what you are doing so I am not sure what your point is?
    His point is that YOU said it was unintentional and he was pointing it out that that wasn't possible.

What was your point in saying it was unintentional? To downplay your actions and make it look like an innocent accident.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.
      0 Not allowed!

What was your point in saying it was unintentional? To downplay your actions and make it look like an innocent accident.
    Scott, You totally are mis-understanding the whole situation.

The TABLE was copied and in the table was the BUTTON CODE which was the hotlink! I never got around to editing that to just /images/ rather than keeping it as the hotlink which I was not aware of at the time.

I am not downplaying the situation, I did admit to being in the wrong and you can clearly read this but you still want to pursue this issue which I want to talk with John and not the community.

I have had my say in this dilemma, I admitted to being wrong and that should be the end of the story.

I don't know either of you personally and I'm not making any judgements except for those based on your actions and your refusal to take "full" responsibility without downplaying what you did and saying it was "unintentional". We all screw up from time to time. Admit it without any excuses or downplay and then move on. But trying to make excuses and downplay what actually happened just makes the situation worse and after reading your post, it appears that you did this to spite John because he wouldn't take your business.
    You are making judgments on what you do not know! You say it cannot be unintentional and I have said above it was in the tables that had the hot linking address which I did not realize at the time so it was never edited.

I have had my say on the matter, I was pushed and pushed and pushed to make a reply and if it unsatisfactory for your liking let it be so, I believe it has nothing to do with the community but to myself and John as to where this should of been discussed in private.

How can I also down play the situation when I admittedly said I did the wrong?
    Teachers always have a converse way of trying to sound remarkably clever which to me is so annoying as yes I did go to school and the teachers always try and make out they are right all the time even when they are proved wrong so I will not sit here and argue with you Scott!!!

All I can say is that I have admitted to it, I have removed the content and so it I cannot be down playing the situation, At least I have come to give my point of the story.

Sean
      0 Not allowed!

I was actually not aware of this thread when it was posted, I was notified just recently by Live Chat, Private Message and AIM - All the spots that AH John did not try.

I have read through the posts and people like making accusations, like to make posts like "Kiddie Host", "Non Poster", "Will Never Post Again", "Ignoring Posts", What is wrong with you people?

Scott, Do I look like I am 13 years of age because to me it seems you are having a great laugh about it all and to call someone a "Kid" when they are no where near one is quite rude and it seems you have not done your homework.

I would imagine 22 years would be classed as let's say a "young adult" at the best of times I do not behave like one which I will admit, Though for the record will you call Mike at MDD a kid because of his age, He is somewhat in the range of myself so I would keep your comments low on calling someone a kid.

Ripping content yes it was wrong and dirty and it was a huge mistake though I do not take kindly to the words you use - You call yourself a teacher, Go back and teach!

Honestly I am tired of the assumptions people like to pass off to make them feel better or to look smart. I admitted to the wrong doing and that should be the end of it ... If you wish to take the piss be my guest though if it makes you feel any better I do not tend to really move anywhere even with your damaging comments as you can only grow from it!

The mistake I made might cost me a reputation but I would be a sissy to let it defeat me.

I have contacted the Moderators about this and soon to John for the valid proof of these e-mails that never eventuated in any of my inboxe(s).

Thank you.
      0 Not allowed!

Please, continue posting. All you're doing is polishing off what's left of your reputation.

Have fun ripping!
      0 Not allowed!

Please, continue posting. All you're doing is polishing off what's left of your reputation.
    Not that you have one either! I have heard many stories about you "Steve" and most if not all are horrible.
      0 Not allowed!

Not that you have one either! I have heard many stories about you "Steve" and most if not all are horrible.
    LOL, thanks for making me laugh again.
      0 Not allowed!

LOL, thanks for making me laugh again.
    You even have an attitude, I can see why Payton Designs truly has something against you and I actually do not blame him
      0 Not allowed!

You know Sean, back in the olden days a thief would lose his hand, and thats exactly what you are... a THIEF!

Wther hotlinking or not you stole his code and graphics which is digital theft. You run around WHT like you own the place telling everyone what sites are ripping what from where, yet you done it yourself and unlike the rest you are pushing the blame onto the person you stole from.

I went on your site several times since this thread was started and not once was you on live chat so that was not an option for him, if you claim you did not receive the emails why not make sure there is not a backlog of undelivered mail in your mailbox, maybe its a server issue... To be honest if I was your mailserver I would not deliver mail to your inbox either because you would probably steal your own email... LOL

You can run away and hide from the situation by repeating yourself over and over again but over a thousand people have seen this already, so now a slice of the WHT community know you as a thief, not to mention the auto-post bots who will copy the thread to a blog and get plastered on site after site...

Happy ripping dude, nice to know that you would steal my credit card details if i ever (unlikely) hosted with you...

FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD...!
      0 Not allowed!

I went on your site several times since this thread was started and not once was you on live chat so that was not an option for him
    AIM, MSN, Private Messages are alternatives and do not just focus on the live chat!

I am not saying John never sent the e-mails, But it would be nice to see the proof from it!

See here we go again, Some one who likes to make assumptions to where the problems may be, NO e-mails on our server are not back logged and I receive all my e-mails perfectly.

Sure - I have said several times it is now time for John and I to talk so clearly I am not passing on the buck back to John. You clearly do not read my posts and like to make these assumptions.
      0 Not allowed!

i read every letter of your post and have come to the same conclusion, thief... LOL

OK how about a little example, if I went to your house and stole your car, then called you off your mobile phone to tell you it was a mistake and i would return it as soon as i have dealt with my personal issues would you forgive me?
      0 Not allowed!

OK how about a little example, if I went to your house and stole your car, then called you off your mobile phone to tell you it was a mistake and i would return it as soon as i have dealt with my personal issues would you forgive me?
    Yes, Because I am that kind of person.

You do not know me as a person so you cannot make any assumptions to what I would or would not do!

If you want to sit here all day and debate it that is fine with me but it will not get you anywhere but in a bad thread.
      0 Not allowed!

I think quoting a lot of what you posted would make my response very long, so I will try to respond accordingly to your most important question, where was the contact. When I went to your site I noticed you were not on live chat (I visited quite a few times) and rather than send a sales email (that would be very petty) I found your abuse email and simply sent a few DMCA notices. I have a DMCA generator (very handy) and filled it out and sent it to abuse@atechosting.com. I did this about 3 times, so I am not sure if mail is not getting to that address or going to spam because of the generator, but I didn't receive any acknowledgment from you there.

The point being is, why copy the buttons and all this in the first place? Did you think I would simply ignore all of this and act like it was perfectly fine? I find it hypocritical that you blast other people for "ripping" you, but when the tables have turned you are so quick to point the fingers back. Even in your own admission in the private message you sent me you made it known that you were ignoring me because I had been rude to you. So if you were ignoring me as you said you were, what different would it have made to use those other means of communication? I admit, I probably could have gotten in better contact with you before this, but honestly the sheer act of you doing this is really bad, not only for you but for your business.

My question is just why? Why even try to copy anything of mine. I just do not understand where the logic in that lies? I have said this before and I will say it again I have no problems with you personally Sean and I do apologize if you had some family issues that kept you from responding to me, but that doesn't excuse your actions. What needs to happen is the removal of the content. The only thing left is the blue bar (and I apologize if you have done this already, I have not checked).

So in all honesty I just want it to be clearly imprinted onto you that you need your own identity my friend. Do not look to my design as a means for your sole inspiration, because obviously you lack self-control. You can't say copying me was "unintentional" because the act in and of itself is intentional in what you wanted to do.
    SwiftModders - Premium WHMCS Themes, Blesta Themes, and WordPress Development
    View my top-rated WHMCS Themes trusted by over 1,000 businesses!
    █ Now offering Blesta Themes to transform your Blesta client area!
      0 Not allowed!

lol i seriously doubt your 'that kind of guy' considering you stole off someone yourself...
      0 Not allowed!

Hey guys, this thread is done. Lets all get back to work!
    Sam Asante ~ Web & User Interface Designer ~ SamAsante.com
    World-Class cPanel Themes
    Responsive WHMCS Themes

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam [Vissol] View Post
    Hey guys, this thread is done. Lets all get back to work!
    Agreed, if my design work is removed, I have no further problems with aTechosting or Sean. A moderator can close this thread and let it fade away.
      0 Not allowed!

lol i seriously doubt your 'that kind of guy' considering you stole off someone yourself...
    Keep doubting as this is not about you. Gee you do like to keep it going don't you?

I think quoting a lot of what you posted would make my response very long, so I will try to respond accordingly to your most important question, where was the contact. When I went to your site I noticed you were not on live chat (I visited quite a few times) and rather than send a sales email (that would be very petty) I found your abuse email and simply sent a few DMCA notices. I have a DMCA generator (very handy) and filled it out and sent it to abuse@atechosting.com. I did this about 3 times, so I am not sure if mail is not getting to that address or going to spam because of the generator, but I didn't receive any acknowledgment from you there.

The point being is, why copy the buttons and all this in the first place? Did you think I would simply ignore all of this and act like it was perfectly fine? I find it hypocritical that you blast other people for "ripping" you, but when the tables have turned you are so quick to point the fingers back. Even in your own admission in the private message you sent me you made it known that you were ignoring me because I had been rude to you. So if you were ignoring me as you said you were, what different would it have made to use those other means of communication? I admit, I probably could have gotten in better contact with you before this, but honestly the sheer act of you doing this is really bad, not only for you but for your business.

My question is just why? Why even try to copy anything of mine. I just do not understand where the logic in that lies? I have said this before and I will say it again I have no problems with you personally Sean and I do apologize if you had some family issues that kept you from responding to me, but that doesn't excuse your actions. What needs to happen is the removal of the content. The only thing left is the blue bar (and I apologize if you have done this already, I have not checked).

So in all honesty I just want it to be clearly imprinted onto you that you need your own identity my friend. Do not look to my design as a means for your sole inspiration, because obviously you lack self-control. You can't say copying me was "unintentional" because the act in and of itself is intentional in what you wanted to do.
    I will admit I do have family issues at the moment, I do have a Part-Time Job to cover costs of server management and so on to keep the services running so, NO I do not keep live chat running 24x7 as their would not be anyone their to man it.

I work a usual day 9am to 6pm so I do not have time to check all my e-mails, time to respond to threads, or to look for threads that might be of a concern to me.

It was not till it was pointed out to me yesterday that I come here to make a reply. I did receive constant live chat requests since that time and I have for the time being closed that connection as it would be a deterrence and for people to just come and blast me or keep referring me to this thread where I know about it already.

As far as the ABUSE sector goes, I have this all setup in my Outlook and in both of them it does not show any e-mails that come from Allurehost. If I had received them I would not of have ignored them and promptly discussed this with you John, The content related would of been removed accordingly to your DMCA as a request from you.

My intentions everyone keeps saying was intentional, I think people are reading it wrong. I never said my actions were intentional and that I was not aware of what I was doing. People need to understand that my actions were intentional as I knew what I was doing but my actions were not intentional for hot linking (Please do re-read people) you seem to mis-read quite a bit on that.

I will rephrase that my intentions for the content were intentional but not for the hot linking

John, I cannot tell you why but my intentions were more to the inspiration, it had nothing to do with your attitude against me in the private message and my ignorance to it was in no way an affiliate to taking the buttons and other content.

The content was very nice and I felt that it would be a nice look and I do honestly believe that what I was doing was not as bad as it seemed but clearly it was.

Yes, I do not like ripping but it was the worst mistake that I ever made to this point in time and yes I have agreed that my stupidity did go beyond what it should of have. I have advised you that it will not re-occur in the future and I wanted people to realize that.

As far as the e-mails and DMCA are concerned, I would of preferred a message at WHT as you do know I post here a lot and I would of definitely received that. You could of at least sent a message as a last resort before making this post here as I could of checked on the server to assure whether the e-mails were being blocked or marked as spam for any reasons.

I did contact you for a design and I will admit I chose the routes that I thought were appropriate and maybe I was wrong in choosing Live Chat as a viable option but I thought at the time it was a route none the less.

I have said and will continue to say that my actions were inappropriate and rest assured the content will be removed as soon as possible.

Thank you.
      0 Not allowed!

Right, well my thought was that you were ignoring me if you didn't receive those DMCA notices because when I used the generator before (in the instance of someone hosted with ThePlanet) they got back to me right away.

I also did post this in your own thread in hopes you would catch the hint, but I guess you never read it...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...0&postcount=11
      0 Not allowed!

Closed by request of the OP.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123