Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalLinx View Post
    The openvz bug has nothing to do with slow network speed. The kernel simply crashes, so the issues you're facing are not related to the openvz bug which isn't wide spread and only appeared on handful of servers across the world.
    Like Beim stated a simple kernel rollback would resolve the issue (at least the server crashing, not the network speed).
    It sounds like the port they're using is oversold, or perhaps not negotiating the port speed.
    When the issue starts the whole node typically uses 7 Mbit out of 1000 Mbit.

A network restart resolves the issue Temporarily.

But then with some overflow message the speeds go down and comes back to normal in a second with a network restart.
      0 Not allowed!

If useful for anyone, from one of our 1Gbps dedicated lines :

http://85.17.128.2/100mb.bin = Approx 500 KB/sec
    http://speedtest.netcologne.de/test_1gb.bin = 11.2 MB/s
    http://de.speedtest.webthosting.com/test_1gb.bin = Approx 2.3 MB/s
    Verity By Nature - Administrator
      0 Not allowed!

http://85.17.128.2/100mb.bin is actually Leaseweb test file. They have a fast network to different places.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bentink View Post
    As for this post this is my last reply.
    Can you at least honor this commitment?

Mike
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by redmeds View Post
    Can you at least honor this commitment?

doubt it. he is new on the internet. i will try to explain to him how things work ... wait a picture is worth 1000 words http://blagnet.net/Special-Olympics.jpg
      0 Not allowed!

Issue was resolved.
    Bentink came through in the end.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by woja View Post
    Issue was resolved.
    Bentink came through in the end.
    If citrex went through the entire thread he would have already known that the OP was provided with 1.5 years of free hosting and the issue was already resolved.
    Last edited by bentink; 03-04-2010 at 06:06 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Third resurrected thread.....I don't think Cirtex are doing themselves any favours here.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    Third resurrected thread.....I don't think Cirtex are doing themselves any favours here.
    It is more than clear that he had to valid point to bump a 1 month old thread stating that when it was clearly mentioned that the issue was solved and the OP was provided with 1.5 years of free hosting.

As a note, the issues were caused by OpenVZ kernels, you can see the reports on OpenVZ website and understand yourself.
      0 Not allowed!

It is more than clear that he had to valid point to bump a 1 month old thread stating that when it was clearly mentioned that the issue was solved and the OP was provided with 1.5 years of free hosting.

As a note, the issues were caused by OpenVZ kernels, you can see the reports on OpenVZ website and understand yourself.
    I've not read all the posting but if your using software don't you full test it before implementing it and selling products that use it?

Terry
    trans-hosting.com. Total Linux and windows hosting solutions, vps, dedicated and collocation, Scripting service, Clustering service. operating since 1997 developers of hpanel and debiandoctor.com(for Linuxhowto)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by terry Gilligan View Post
    I've not read all the posting but if your using software don't you full test it before implementing it and selling products that use it?

Terry
    If you went through the OpenVZ issues you would have realized it is hard to detect it on testing environment....
      0 Not allowed!

If you went through the OpenVZ issues you would have realized it is hard to detect it on testing environment....
    I think that is a little lame. I see lots of companies using OpenVZ, we do ourselves too, and there are issues with OpenVZ but there are other software options other than OpenVZ that don't have these issues. Lets not forget this is "Free software"

Terry
    trans-hosting.com. Total Linux and windows hosting solutions, vps, dedicated and collocation, Scripting service, Clustering service. operating since 1997 developers of hpanel and debiandoctor.com(for Linuxhowto)
      0 Not allowed!

I think that is a little lame. I see lots of companies using OpenVZ, we do ourselves too, and there are issues with OpenVZ but there are other software options other than OpenVZ that don't have these issues. Lets not forget this is "Free software"

Terry
    http://wiki.openvz.org/Download/kern...5/028stab067.4

Since 028stab066.10:

• Rebase to 2.6.18-164.10.1.el5 kernel: a number of security and bug fixes (see links to RHSAs and CVEs below)
    • Bug fixes for the following issues:
      • A Hardware Node may hang (with "Route hash chain too long! Adjust your secret_interval!" messages) due to a bug in the on demand emergency route cache flushing code (OpenVZ Bug #1378)
      • The values of entries in the /proc/diskstats file may be set to zero (OpenVZ Bug #1373)
      • A kernel panic may occur on an attempt to mount a corrupted partition if the 'reiserfs' module is loaded.
      • A kernel bug may occur due to the timer list corruption if several Containers are using NFS mounts at the same time
      • A kernel panic may occur when deleting an audit rule from the Hardware Node (OpenVZ Bug #1351)
      • A kernel panic may occur on the Destination Node during the online migration of a Container with a TUN device
      • A kernel panic occurs on loading the DRBD module (OpenVZ Bug #1371)

• The load balancing mechanism in the CPU fair scheduler has been improved, especially the distribution of the CPU time on SMP systems with a small number of processes

==========

Note: This only affected only 1 server, others kept running fine. It is not an excuse, many times you wont find the issues with all environment.
      0 Not allowed!

http://wiki.openvz.org/Download/kern...5/028stab067.4

Since 028stab066.10:

• Rebase to 2.6.18-164.10.1.el5 kernel: a number of security and bug fixes (see links to RHSAs and CVEs below)
    • Bug fixes for the following issues:
      • A Hardware Node may hang (with "Route hash chain too long! Adjust your secret_interval!" messages) due to a bug in the on demand emergency route cache flushing code (OpenVZ Bug #1378)
      • The values of entries in the /proc/diskstats file may be set to zero (OpenVZ Bug #1373)
      • A kernel panic may occur on an attempt to mount a corrupted partition if the 'reiserfs' module is loaded.
      • A kernel bug may occur due to the timer list corruption if several Containers are using NFS mounts at the same time
      • A kernel panic may occur when deleting an audit rule from the Hardware Node (OpenVZ Bug #1351)
      • A kernel panic may occur on the Destination Node during the online migration of a Container with a TUN device
      • A kernel panic occurs on loading the DRBD module (OpenVZ Bug #1371)

• The load balancing mechanism in the CPU fair scheduler has been improved, especially the distribution of the CPU time on SMP systems with a small number of processes

==========

Note: This only affected only 1 server, others kept running fine. It is not an excuse, many times you wont find the issues with all environment.
    I don't really want to argue with you. I was only saying we had the same issues while testing so didn't implement OpenVZ for our clients. We still use it ourselves for internal purposes but don't sell it as a product. Its good software but not for commercial purposes because of these issues. That's all.

Terry
      0 Not allowed!

I don't really want to argue with you. I was only saying we had the same issues while testing so didn't implement OpenVZ for our clients. We still use it ourselves for internal purposes but don't sell it as a product. Its good software but not for commercial purposes because of these issues. That's all.

Terry
    OpenVZ stands today to be the most widely used VPS solution...
      0 Not allowed!

OpenVZ stands today to be the most widely used VPS solution...

I don't think so, but if you'd like to show me some figures I'm always willing to hold my hands up.

Terry
      0 Not allowed!

^^ A you wish
      0 Not allowed!

Terry
    With proper testing before updating the kernel in a production environment it can be an excellent solution. Nobody is of course forcing you to use it and you are welcome to your own opinions.

On topic with this thread - Bentink is always going to blame issues on the customer no matter what and that's not going to change. This thread is just like the last 8 I read about WebTHosting and the only thing that's going to save people from this problem is doing research on their provider before they sign up.

It's unfortunate, but everybody has to learn somehow and it seems most learn the hard way - what's really bad is that it jades that hosting customer and gives them a bad impression of the industry as a whole.

Good luck to all involved.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    With proper testing before updating the kernel in a production environment it can be an excellent solution. Nobody is of course forcing you to use it and you are welcome to your own opinions.

On topic with this thread - Bentink is always going to blame issues on the customer no matter what and that's not going to change. This thread is just like the last 8 I read about WebTHosting and the only thing that's going to save people from this problem is doing research on their provider before they sign up.

It's unfortunate, but everybody has to learn somehow and it seems most learn the hard way - what's really bad is that it jades that hosting customer and gives them a bad impression of the industry as a whole.

Good luck to all involved.
    I am sorry to see you feel like that. The OP was offered a new VPS much before he opened a thread here but he did not open a ticket.

In any way the OP has already said, the issue was resolved. So I really do not find any reason why this thread would go on...
      0 Not allowed!

I am sorry to see you feel like that. The OP was offered a new VPS much before he opened a thread here but he did not open a ticket.
    It's not a feeling and it's not even an opinion - it's a fact that is easily proven by quoting you in every WebTHosting thread on this forum. I'm not going to waste my time searching it up and quoting it all though. I'm also not going to waste any more of my time in this thread (and as such I'm removing the subscription). Good luck.

In any way the OP has already said, the issue was resolved. So I really do not find any reason why this thread would go on...
    So report it and ask that it be closed.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.
      0 Not allowed!

It's not a feeling and it's not even an opinion .
    Thats your opinion. Correct
      0 Not allowed!

So report it and ask that it be closed.
    Done anywho
      0 Not allowed!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567