Thread: Automation

Automation

Hello all, I recently started a new hosting company, and was wondering...Is there any free scripts to help automate account creation. I would like people to be able to go to site > pick there package > pay > and have site auto setup there account.

If anyone knows of a free way to do this, or would be willing to help set one up please let me know I would be greatful

Basically you need a free shopping cart script.. Are you on a cpanel server .. fantastico does provide some free shopping carts like cubecart, zencart and os commerce

I believe he meant a script that does the same job as WHMCS VIPoint.

To my knowledge no free scripts of this nature exist, however if you're not willing to spend money on doing this properly then really in my opinion you shouldn't be entering the hosting market, it's stiff competition and you really need to look, act and feel the part.

WHMCS I think is a mere $19/month to lease and a $249 to purchase for life. Look into it, it'll save you a lot of hassle in the future if you indulge in the essentials now.

Quote Originally Posted by nhance View Post
    I believe he meant a script that does the same job as WHMCS VIPoint.

To my knowledge no free scripts of this nature exist, however if you're not willing to spend money on doing this properly then really in my opinion you shouldn't be entering the hosting market, it's stiff competition and you really need to look, act and feel the part.

WHMCS I think is a mere $19/month to lease and a $249 to purchase for life. Look into it, it'll save you a lot of hassle in the future if you indulge in the essentials now.
    I just read on another thread that license pal is offering leased license for $11 / month. This is really cheap ... and If you're not willing to pay this dirt cheap amount, you should not enter hosting industry. There is a tough competition in this industry.

Thanks for the update on the price hostingcertified and I'm glad you agree, if you don't want to spend a mere $11/month, stay well away from the hosting industry.

Thanks for the feedback everyone

I certainly suggest you go with WHMCS. It's by far the most popular billing/support system today. It's very easy to automate the process. While I'm sure there are free options available I recommend you invest in WHMCS because it really is a complete solution.

Jack
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Web Hosting Templates for WHMCS Templates | WordPress | HTML | Blesta | Clientexec
    █ Professional WHMCS Services | Installation | Configuration | Integration | Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by kronik03 View Post
    Hello all, I recently started a new hosting company, and was wondering...Is there any free scripts to help automate account creation. I would like people to be able to go to site > pick there package > pay > and have site auto setup there account.

If anyone knows of a free way to do this, or would be willing to help set one up please let me know I would be greatful
    You have 4 choices:

1) PHPCoin.com is free.

2) Pay for software like ClientExec or WHMCs, most reseller or VPS hosts offer it for $5 - $15/mo on top of your web hosting package. If your reseller or VPS host doesn't offer it, switch companies.

3) Create/delete accounts and handle billing manually.

4) Call it quits saving yourself and your potential customers a lot of time, money and grief.

Hope that helps

How about Netenberg's AccountLabPlus?

I would always choose WHMCS even if you get another cheaper software. IT is well proven and tested with good support.