totalregistrations.com

I'm thinking of using Total Registrations for my .uk, .org and .com registrar, but am not finding many references to them on the forum, especially in the last 2 years or so. Does anyone have any experience they could share?

Incidentally I had been planning on going with domainmonster, but I'm not to comfortable with one of their terms (ownership of domains on termination).

I have been with Total Registrations for about three years for my GTLD domains (not for .uk ones - as I have my own Nominet tag). I chose them because I am in the UK and they are in the UK and I prefer to deal with companies that are answerable to the UK legal system.

They are a reputable, long-established company and I have always found them easy and straightforward to deal with. They don't provide telephone support (which I see as a "minus"), but their email support is first rate - support request are always answered promptly by people who sound like they know what they are talking about.

One thing to be aware of is that they don't "do" redemption. Once a domain has gone past its expiry date you get one more reminder and then they will delete it (this is about a week after the expiry date). So you have to make sure you keep track of your renewals and that you pay for them on time.

All in all I'm happy with them!