hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Computers and Peripherals : Best time to buy new computer? (Before or after christmas?)

Forum Jump

Best time to buy new computer? (Before or after christmas?)

Reply Post New Thread In Computers and Peripherals Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Mr. Awesome

Question

Best time to buy new computer? (Before or after christmas?)

I need to purchase a new desktop PC computer for my wife. She needs it for the end of February. (She doesn't need it before then.)

Do you think it's better (cheaper) to purchase the computer now? (Before Christmas.)

Or do you think it's better to wait until after Christmas and New Years or finished... perhaps middle of February or so?

She just needs a low-cost machine -- nothing fancy. Budget is around $500 USD maximum, including monitor.

What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Web Hosting Master

It's cheapest is the day after the day after Christmas.

http://oliviaheart.com";
}

Old 12-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Junior Guru

I think you should wait a little before christmas you will find very cheap offers every where.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Mr. Awesome

Is this also true for online retailers?

The problem is I'm abroad right now (in Europe) and we won't be returning to North America until end of February.

That's why I'm asking...

(I have a USA and Canadian shipping address, so I can have things shipped to either location...)

Old 12-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Disabled

Buy a computer & monitor combo. Its much cheaper and I agree that buying right after Christmas is the best idea.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Retired Moderator

I would wait until after CES in January. Never know what new announcements and new products will be released, leading to older stock being reduced in price to clear out (by both manufacturers and retailers).

Intel are expected to make some significant announcements with new cheaper processor tech

Now with Web Hosting and Domain Reg/Transfer/Renew Support!

Old 12-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Web Hosting Master Disaster

I'm not sure it matters now.... Black Friday is more or less a joke. You can get good deals everywhere now.

slickdeals.com ??? I get deals all year.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Web Hosting Guru

Best time is always Now. Just check with some shops , Make your mind and buy it.

Cloud XEN VPS, VDS , Dedicated Servers physically located in South Korea Twitter @internetbros

Old 12-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Web Hosting Master

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...472044&CatId=6

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=G180-2300

Your set with that. I have the desktop and it does what most people need it for checking emails,documents,burning cds/dvds, listening to music, watching movies etc. If you got a place to purchase from go ahead but buying from newegg or tigerdirect are your two best bet ..good luck.

just to add the system is VERY quiet since its very small..it fits just about anywhere..the screen i do not have but that one is big and cheap and it will be good. just have both of those connect them and your good..like u said something cheap nothing fancy. if u think u need a bit more ask some of us will give u something to work with.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Web Hosting Master

Buy it now, it will be cheaper, also, in 2010, prices might increase by the inflation rate.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:51 AM

Definitely after. I live in the UK and I don't know about anywhere else but there are massive sales on boxing day and then all through January. Good luck finding the one for you.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

IF your going to go that route and buy one after Christmas sales are best.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:28 AM

I Would Agree After Christmas Due To The New Years Sales And After Christmas Sales

Old 12-26-2009, 03:31 AM
Grand Nagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekwu View Post
I'm not sure it matters now.... Black Friday is more or less a joke. You can get good deals everywhere now.

slickdeals.com ??? I get deals all year.
Actually it's Slickdeals.net and it's probably the best advice in this thread.

Don't forget to check out their forum, especially with the desktop tag.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Junior Guru

I wonder if this is also applicable to other gadgets. I'm planning to buy a laptop and an iPod as well and was wondering if I should wait after the holiday season is over.