0 0%
  • 300-600

0 0%
  • 600-900

0 0%

3 23.08%

Sold Servers Per Month

Hello All,

I'm trying to understand and research the Dedicated servers market a little bit. Just about how many new sign ups for dedicated servers does your company or the company you know of soll per month? An educated guess or exact figure is extremely apreciated!

It would hard to really give an approximate answer to how many servers could be sold in any given day/month/year as it will depend on you to sell them to advertise and market your product.

You could sell 0 or you could sell 50, Their is no real given answer and it would be hard to estimate.
    Last edited by Sparrow-Sean; 12-18-2009 at 09:26 PM.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

I agree! Take the Planet for an example, how many servers do you think they sell per month? Rackspace? or Layered Tech?

Why don't you ask them?

I doubt any one of them will tell you (or give you an exact average). Most companies don't like releasing sales info publicly.

Yea it really depends. Some weeks we will get 2-5 then the next week we will get none. So its really differentiates.

Quote Originally Posted by ti_nhatrang View Post
    Hello All,

I'm trying to understand and research the Dedicated servers market a little bit. Just about how many new sign ups for dedicated servers does your company or the company you know of soll per month? An educated guess or exact figure is extremely apreciated!
    I personally do not think any dedicated hosting provider is going to reveal those information in public You have to use anticipation in business sometimes.
    Mellowhost - Providing High Quality Web Hosting Services since 2007
    SSD Cpanel Shared, SSD OpenVZ & KVM VPS Hosting
    A Hosting Provider with Complete SSD VPS & Shared Hosting.

If the company is a publicly traded company, or owned by a publicly traded company it is required to release financial statements. You might be able to get some info that route.

I could be just drunk rambling, but I know I get yearly packets from Berkshire-Hathaway that amount to what is a Novel regarding all of their financials and "state of the company" information for being a shareholder.

Often times alot of this information is freely available if you look in the right spots.

Quote Originally Posted by mellow-h View Post
    I personally do not think any dedicated hosting provider is going to reveal those information in public You have to use anticipation in business sometimes.
    Thanks all, and well said. Right, of course none of them would release such info... Was shooting for stars here with this thread, and hopefully I'll land somewhere on the moon. We got one stud here that sells 2,000 servers per month, which is very impressive!

Am was just hoping to see if there's an ex-employee of a big hosting company here that could just throw out a number to see what it is really.

How about this, how many servers do they have total till now?