Remove email address from 404 pasge

Hi

I installed cpanel in my physical root server. Now, if I open a page that doesn't exists, ie. 404 page contains an email address of mine. I guess that is the email address I used when purchasing the cpanel or something like that. Where I can change this email address in 404 page?

Also, if I open the webmail from root cpanel account, I am unable to change the from email.. which is by default set to my personal email ( i don't remember where I set this email; I am sure that I never entered that in cpanel )

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Update:
    well.. it seems the the account username concatenated with the domain name is the default email address in webmail.

For eg: if the account name we create in cpanel is "test" and if the domain name is "mydomain".. then the default "from email" in webmail is: "test@mydomain.com"

We can change the default email by adding more identities in the webmail software's options->personal information ->edit advanced identities ( squirrelMail ).

You can set custom error pages by entering the following line in the .htaccess file inside public_html folder.
    Code:
    ErrorDocument 404 /error_page.html
    Upload a page named "error_page.html" to your public_html folder and edit it to say the message "page does not exist".

The mail account opened when you click on the webmail icon from the cpanel is the main email account of the domain. ioe username@domain.com.
    If you need to login as a different email acocunt to webmail. Take the url as follows and login using email and password.

Code:
    http://domain.com/webmail
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

Hi
    Thanks for the reply. But please tell me from where that email address comes from. I changed almost all the emails in cpanel but it don't change that email address in 404 page. I guess that is the email I used to purchase the cpanel. I didn't install the cpanel but their support installed. Might they specified my email somewhere when install? Anyway to change that?

I am asking this because, this same email address goes in to the zone file.. like 3iguru dot domain dot com if my email is 3iguru at domain dot com

Thanks

I haven't seen an email appear automatically, are you sure there isn't a 404.shtml page?

Quote Originally Posted by jalapeno55 View Post
    I haven't seen an email appear automatically, are you sure there isn't a 404.shtml page?
    hi
    there is no 404.shml file. Btw, accounts in root server don't have an 404 page associated, so it don't show anything but browsers default 404 page.

But the issue happens when I access my root server host name.. ie.. server1.myserver.com. Am I making sense? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3iguru View Post
    hi
    there is no 404.shml file. Btw, accounts in root server don't have an 404 page associated, so it don't show anything but browsers default 404 page.

But the issue happens when I access my root server host name.. ie.. server1.myserver.com. Am I making sense? Thanks
    There should be a virtual hosts entry for the server name in httpd.conf

Look for it there, and see what the doc root is, example:
    /usr/local/apache/htdocs

Are you sure it's not ServerSignature?
    I used to run the oldest commercial Mumble host.

Check your Apache configuration for "ServerAdmin" and "ServerSignature" directives.
    NinTechNet
    ★ NinjaFirewall : Web Application Firewall for PHP and WordPress.
    ★ NinjaMonitoring : Monitor your website for suspicious activities.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iguru View Post
    hi

Take the error url in browser while running this command on the server ssh and paste the result here.

Take in browser
    http://www.yourdomain.com/nopage.html

Run in ssh
    Code:
    tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs error_log
    Replace the original username and other details with fake ones.
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

Quote Originally Posted by khunj View Post
    Check your Apache configuration for "ServerAdmin" and "ServerSignature" directives.
    Hi

In my cpanel's apache configuration "Server Signature" is set to Off-PCI recommended. I don't find anything like "Server Admin".

Quote Originally Posted by david510 View Post
    Take the error url in browser while running this command on the server ssh and paste the result here.

Take in browser
    http://www.yourdomain.com/nopage.html

Run in ssh
    Code:
    tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs error_log
    Replace the original username and other details with fake ones.
    Hi,
    I am unable to run that command as it hang my scp client. But I opened that log file and below is the error line I find:

[Fri Dec 18 04:02:45 2009] [error] [client 111.111.111.111] File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/doesnotexist.php

Below is the output shown in browser when I access server1.mydomain.com/doesnotexist.php

Code:
    404 Not Found

The server can not find the requested page:

server1.mydomain.com/doesnotexist.php (port 80) 

Please forward this error screen to server1.mydomain.com's WebMaster
    Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-xxx-xxx mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at server1.mydomain.com Port 80
    Thanks

Hi
    I just opened the httpd.conf directly and it says "server signature is ON and admin email is set to my personal email ( which I given when purchasing cpanel - they installed it ). Ok, changing this and restarting apache might resolve this.

Thanks all of you for the help!!

Hi
    I just opened the httpd.conf directly and it says "server signature is ON and admin email is set to my personal email ( which I given when purchasing cpanel - they installed it ). Ok, changing this and restarting apache might resolve this.

Thanks all of you for the help!!