i am newbie to game servers

1 - money needed to open game server (cost)?
    2 - what they are for (its use)?
    3 - how to configure the server ?

Money required greatly varies depending on which route you are going. Are you looking to purchase a dedicated server and hosting your own servers? Are you looking to purchase a game server and host it through a company and have players join that way?

Depending on which game you are looking to host as well, the prices will vary per slot (hosting with a game server provider) or per box (dedicated) and range from as low as $1 to $500, maybe even $1,000 (i haven't seen these yet )

What are game servers used for? Allows players around the world to connect to your server and game with each other. I am only relatively familiar with FPS servers and such people can frag with or against each other depending on the game. I am sure there are many more out there for many games which would involve different methods.

Configuration varies as well generally depending on which game you are using. Some games have a panel within allowing easy set-up. There is many routes to go and as such many documents are online to assist as well.
    Personal Blog: Here | Currently Hosted By: GoDaddy | Twitter: @Quartz87

Quote Originally Posted by Quartz_ View Post
    Money required greatly varies depending on which route you are going. Are you looking to purchase a dedicated server and hosting your own servers? Are you looking to purchase a game server and host it through a company and have players join that way?

Depending on which game you are looking to host as well, the prices will vary per slot (hosting with a game server provider) or per box (dedicated) and range from as low as $1 to $500, maybe even $1,000 (i haven't seen these yet )

What are game servers used for? Allows players around the world to connect to your server and game with each other. I am only relatively familiar with FPS servers and such people can frag with or against each other depending on the game. I am sure there are many more out there for many games which would involve different methods.

Configuration varies as well generally depending on which game you are using. Some games have a panel within allowing easy set-up. There is many routes to go and as such many documents are online to assist as well.
    This pretty much sums it up BUT know that for a successful game server business you will be needing at least a minimum of $2500 just to invest and then have a set plan on how you will be going to bring in clients since the GSP business is currently leeched with hundreds if not thousands of providers worldwide
    SpexHost - Hosting websites for over a decade!
    WebHosting Reseller Hosting VPS hosting Dedicated Servers DDoS Mitigation
    cPanel/WHM - SSL - Domains - Softaculous - 24/7 support - Secure - Daily Backups -
    Uptime Guarantee

All depends on how fast you want to grow and if you want to buy/rent your hardware. If you really wanted to you probably could start on $500 but if you want to grow fast and build assets you will need to have XX,XXX range which is what we started with. Good luck

Don't take this personal but you cannot start a business without knowledge of the industry your getting into. To have any kind of success you need to have more knowledge and be better at it then your competitors which frankly it doesn't appear you have.

Save your time and money friend. Game hosting is a cut throat business to be in. Maybe a few years ago it was good but today I wouldn't attempt it.
    PlanetVentrilo.com
    Affordable Ventrilo Servers
    www.planetventrilo.com

6. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!